FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Look fellas, let's be reasonable, huh? This is not the time or the place to perform some kind of a half-assed autopsy on MacCagnan. And I am not going to stand here and see that thing cut open and see that little Darnold boy spill out all over the dock.

??????????

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

What Macc just did to this thread:

tenor.gif?itemid=12718102

He did? I mean he has a track record of losing for 4 years and his decisions have been shown over and over to be suspect and somehow paying a malcontent to be the highest paid at a position that doesn't generally have a lot of resources invested into it is somehow a great move?

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

He did? I mean he has a track record of losing for 4 years and his decisions have been shown over and over to be suspect and somehow paying a malcontent to be the highest paid at a position that doesn't generally have a lot of resources invested into it is somehow a great move?

It is a great move. But Mac still deserves to be fired. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

What Macc just did to this thread:

tenor.gif?itemid=12718102

Ohh ya.. all other team offer bell 11, Mac offers him 13. Somehow in your idiotic brain you think that makes him a genius ?‍♂️? you have the same iq as mac I believe ?

let’s see if he actually puts a NFL OL together. Maybe dare to draft 1 before 6 round for once ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

He was signed for less than Anthony Barr signed for with the Vikings.  Less than his franchise tender from a year ago.  Less than Trent Brown signed for.  Pretty much less than any other high profile free agent this offseason.  I didn't want LeVeon Bell either, but I'm big enough to recognize a bargain when I see one.  Macc played the market and Bell like a fiddle this time.  At least admit that much.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

He was signed for less than Anthony Barr signed for with the Vikings.  Less than his franchise tender from a year ago.  Less than Trent Brown signed for.  Pretty much less than any other high profile free agent this offseason.  I didn't want LeVeon Bell either, but I'm big enough to recognize a bargain when I see one.  Macc played the market and Bell like a fiddle this time.  At least admit that much.

He signed for the same amount as Devin ******* Funchess and they still can't admit it.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Listen...….  Can you hear it??    Listen again...…  Crickets.....  Perfect.

Not perfect. Don't be short-sighted. Has Mac made some great moves? Yes. Bell, Anderson, Anderson. But we will never be a perennial playoff team with him as GM. He's just not the guy. Bring in someone competent instead of starting another rebuild after Bell and Sam leave us as soon as they're able to. 

1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

Not perfect. Don't be short-sighted. Has Mac made some great moves? Yes. Bell, Anderson, Anderson. But we will never be a perennial playoff team with him as GM. He's just not the guy. Bring in someone competent instead of starting another rebuild after Bell and Sam leave us as soon as they're able to. 

He's here.  It's working.  Give it a chance.  Bowles is gone.  We have Sam. We have Adams.  We have f'kin LeVeon Bell.  We have C.J. Moseley.  We have Osemele.  We have Crowder.  We have Herndon. We have the #3 pick in the draft.  We still have major cap space.  Let the good times roll. Enjoy being a Jet fan tor a change.  It's a long time coming.  Let it go.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I disagree.

The Jets, with Bell in the fold now, coaches that only have to be middle of the pack (not the worst anymore) are now a LOCK for a Wildcard Berth THIS YEAR.

Now step back and look at the Offense...

1.  21 year old Franchise QB, projected to be the best QB in the NFL in a few short years by Tony Romo, if that fails to materialize I guarantee you he’ll be Top 3.

2.  A RB that does it ALL.  Play-action is now a huge weapon in this O’s arsenal again when it has been non existent for a very long time.

3.  A WR in Anderson who can take the top off ANY defense, he dusts All Pro corners like it’s nothing and finally has a QB who can get him the ball no matter how deep he runs, he’s good for 1,000+ yards next year easily.  The last WR the Jets had like that was Wesley Walker 30 years ago, Crowder and Enumwa are perfect compliments to him...shifty who can get deep too and power that can bust things underneath and  also get deep.

4.  A TE in Herndon who is the real deal, can do it all.  Been 30 years since they’ve had one like that.  Not since Mickey Schuler.

Keep solidifying the Oline and this Offense is going to be virtually unstoppable, mainly because of the Kid at the controls.

Won’t matter WHO the GM is at this point.  He’ll just be along for the ride.  His job mainly will try best to not mess things up, if he makes hits that’s just gravy.

That’s a beautiful thing, and that can only be accomplished with a Franchise QB who plays at the top of the league...that’s coming.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Warming up the thread in anticipation of a Thursday night debacle. 

I’d like to be optimistic until then. I love the draft. I hope we trade down and things turn around but I’m prepared for more pain. He had a pretty good offseason so far but the draft is all that matters.

11 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If the jets don’t at least go 9-7 next season time to move on

I think 9-7 is unrealistic based on the state of the roster heading into this offseason. It’s why he shouldn’t have been retained. MAJOR mistake. If they go 7-9 it’ll be progress although still not enough. I don’t think ownership is setting the bar high tbh so I wouldn’t expect him to go anywhere unless Gase throws him under the bus if warranted. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I think 9-7 is unrealistic based on the state of the roster heading into this offseason. It’s why he shouldn’t have been retained. MAJOR mistake. If they go 7-9 it’ll be progress although still not enough. I don’t think ownership is setting the bar high tbh so I wouldn’t expect him to go anywhere unless Gase throws him under the bus if warranted. 

KUDZU PHIL COLLINS HAS NO PULL HERE. TAKE OLIVER AND YOU'RE SAFE. I PROMISE.

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That will be 5 years 0 playoff appearances and 4 straight losing seasons

Even with the Woody/Chrissy social welfare program for incompetent GMs and Head Coaches those are unacceptable results

• Upvote 1

mac and gase are both terrible thankfully this will probably be macs last draft as history has shown us at best we walk away with one good player-gase was a terrible hire and it makes no sense to bring in a new coach but keep the gm-we already know how this goes-jets fire mac after the season then the new gm wants to hire his own coach but will be forced to stick with gase for one more year- 2021 is when things should pick up assuming our next gm actually is a PROVEN guy