FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

It's ownership.  Until the Johnsons are gone this team will continue to be dysfunctional. 

The sad thing is the Jets had things really line up nicely for them - and could have done things the right way.

Got their franchise QB - GM and HC were going into their last years - coming off a bad season and easily fireable.

Have a top 3 pick, all this. money

For the first time in a long time - quality coaches and GM's wanted to come here.  

So instead of bringing in a respected, qualified GM and let him run the team....we build this cockamamy hierarchy.

I really don't think you could do things worse than the Jets even if you tried.  Honestly.  They have handled this off-season about as bad as a team could. 

Winning will cure everything.

• Upvote 1

We went from possible free agency winners this morning to possible free agency losers by the end of the day today if we don't sign Leveon Bell.  This falls on Mac.  

With all this cap space, you have to bring in top tier free agents.  Mosley is nice but to only sign one with all this money is unacceptable.  

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, freestater said:

Rapoport just said that they didn't make an offer on Paradis because they were waiting on Bell. 

What a joke

Haha what, lol

It takes two to tango post by garyvee makes sense now 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

Done a bang up job so far. Laughing stock of the league. Has any free agent decided to pull the plug on joining a new team after signalling an intention to join a new team? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Just Josh McDaniels last year as coach of the Colts....so yeah...this never happens and never happens on the level of embarrassment we are experiencing.

5 minutes ago, freestater said:

Rapoport just said that they didn't make an offer on Paradis because they were waiting on Bell. 

What a joke

If true, it’s terrible. I will not bang this drum and take it as fact until we know for sure. There’s so much bullsh*t flying around that it’d be foolish to believe anything. It doesn’t add up.....or it does and Mac is just that awful.

We won’t know until he facts come out. Mac started out the offseason ok so I’m not going to crucify him yet for his 2019 offseason. This just goes to show how important drafting is which is my main issue with Mac and why he shouldn’t have even sniffed this offseason as our GM. 

9 minutes ago, freestater said:

What a joke

Have not posted in this thread for a while.  Decided to give Macc the benefit of the doubt throughout the offseason -- didin't even make it to the start of the league year. 

Unbelieveable if this is true.  No offer to Paradis because he was waiting on Bell.  Glad he was able to make that offer to Josh Bellamy though.  Year 3 of rebuild #2 is going swimmingly.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, freestater said:

What a joke

I wonder if this is actually true. And no skin in the "Mac sucks\does not" game. 

How's Rapoport's reliability. Feels like "sports reporters" quite often make stuff up. 

This thread is kind of sad now..  just a constant reminder that all the bravado and misguided hate was for naught.
You guys keep plugging away though... 
In the meantime Macc has work to do.

lol. People are still taking about macc being lucky to get darnold last year in here? my goodness.
I checked in to see if there was anything of interest. It’s like a time machine pushing perpetuity.

Bump.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

How can people still defend this Terrible GM.  Take one look at what CLE has done in 2 years and tell me how the Jets are not even going to be in the same ballpark as a team that didn't win 2 games for over 2 years... yet somehow they think that signing the best non-pass rushing ILB and a slot WR are going to build this team to compete with CLE... HAHA.... stuck in Mediocrity forever... 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1