This isn't going to be popular but...would you rather have Darnold or Josh Allen + 3 second rounders?

Pointdexter

Well?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Darnold
    • Allen + three second-rounders

Despite many fans' assurances that Josh Allen was the second coming of Christian Hackenberg, he's pretty damn good.

While we're being forced to look hard at every move Macc has made to decide if he should continue to guide the ship, and with the inarguable huge blunders of passing on Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes last year for a safety, was this another calculated mistake?  We're talking about 3 premium picks he surrendered (high second rounders) and also potentially passing on the best QB prospect...again.  

Personally I love Sam and am still very high on him but it's very debatable whether he's going to be better than Allen.

Now bring on the butt fumbles. ?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Low completion % made him an unecessary risk to take. No thank you. Even if he is good, not drafting him was the right move.

It’s also too early for hindsight but let’s say he’s equal with Darnold, well yeah I’d rather have the picks too. We didn’t draft Darnold to be just equal with Allen and it’s WAY too soon. 

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Not having Josh Allen is worth ten second rounders.

Interesting take. I watched the 4th quarter today of the bills/dolphins and Allen was as dynamic and accurate as any rookie I've seen this year. It's interesting because it's as if this board isn't actually watching games or critically thinking on Allen, but rather just regurgitating the same tired arguments from pre-draft. Open your eyes, folks.

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'd rather clean my genetials with a herpes infected steel wire brush than have Josh Allen as my QB.

Does this post get you cool points, even if it's ridiculous and off base? Maybe because the board spoke a year ago and decided Allen sucks and we're all just too lazy or proud to change that opinion?

I just don't understand because, objectively speaking, he's outplaying everyone not named Mayfield. 

But of course this board promised that Josh Rosen was the second coming of Aaron Rodgers sooo.....

11 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Interesting take. I watched the 4th quarter today of the bills/dolphins and Allen was as dynamic and accurate as any rookie I've seen this year. It's interesting because it's as if this board isn't actually watching games or critically thinking on Allen, but rather just regurgitating the same tired arguments from pre-draft. Open your eyes, folks.

He completed less than 55% of his passes today and threw two picks. If that’s as accurate as any rookie you’ve seen this year, maybe you should start watching entire games instead of just fourth quarters.

4 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

Does this post get you cool points, even if it's ridiculous and off base? Maybe because the board spoke a year ago and decided Allen sucks and we're all just too lazy or proud to change that opinion?

I just don't understand because, objectively speaking, he's outplaying everyone not named Mayfield. 

But of course this board promised that Josh Rosen was the second coming of Aaron Rodgers sooo.....

What does this post get you?  Or your original post?  

Objectively, he's an awful thrower.  If you objectively are buying his long term future as a run first QB in the NFL, then objectively, your opinion is not anything I value.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Some Jet fans are just absolutely brutal to interact with... 

I knew some of you would give up on Darnold when it got rough.

21 years old. 9 starts. Some very good moments and some very bad ones (like the vast majority of rookies). 

It's just amazing how fickle/reactionary people are. 

16 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He completed less than 55% of his passes today and threw two picks. If that’s as accurate as any rookie you’ve seen this year, maybe you should start watching entire games instead of just fourth quarters.

And Darnold is completing 55% of his passes on the year so they're about the same. Josh seems to be a much bigger threat with his legs.

I don't expect for ppl to feel Josh is better but the debate is far from unreasonable, which everyone is making it out to be. Then throw in 3 additional players that could be helping this team and it becomes an even more reasonable discussion.

18 minutes ago, Pointdexter said:

And Darnold is completing 55% of his passes on the year so they're about the same. Josh seems to be a much bigger threat with his legs.

I don't expect for ppl to feel Josh is better but the debate is far from unreasonable, which everyone is making it out to be. Then throw in 3 additional players that could be helping this team and it becomes an even more reasonable discussion.

Darnold and Allen have both been bad, but they've also started a combined 15 games, so people revert to comparing them as prospects. Josh Allen was a terrible prospect. If the debate is unreasonable, it's probably because you've spent the entire thread acting like a self-important blowhard despite offering no evidence beyond "I watched the fourth quarter of one game."

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

Despite many fans' assurances that Josh Allen was the second coming of Christian Hackenberg, he's pretty damn good.

While we're being forced to look hard at every move Macc has made to decide if he should continue to guide the ship, and with the inarguable huge blunders of passing on Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes last year for a safety, was this another calculated mistake?  We're talking about 3 premium picks he surrendered (high second rounders) and also potentially passing on the best QB prospect...again.  

Personally I love Sam and am still very high on him but it's very debatable whether he's going to be better than Allen.

Now bring on the butt fumbles. ?

What metric are you using to label him as “pretty damn good,” because I don’t see it. Maybe as a runner, but otherwise, he makes a lot of bad passes and bad decisions and he fumbles a lot. 

21 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

If the debate is unreasonable, it's probably because you've spent the entire thread acting like a self-important blowhard despite offering no evidence beyond "I watched the fourth quarter of one game."

A.  Acting like a douche bag isn't going to strengthen your argument. 

B.  What is comical is you calling a top 10 pick in the draft a "terrible prospect" as if it's some inarguable fact, despite that ppl who get paid a lot of money to make these decisons obviously disagree and Josh has clearly elevated his team since taking over in his rookie season. I can only imagine you're clinging to this nonsense so tightly because you were the "blowhard" all offseason claiming Allen is Hackenberg 2.0 and apparently you would rather insult others than show the maturity necessary to evolve your opinion. 

Would have rather had Wack and Petty play out 2017 and get the #1 pick. Would have had  Darnold & the 3 two’s. But nooooo MAC has to sign this relic and win 5 meaningless games and forcing him to surrender 3 two’s. Bird brain ? ? 

Archived