This isn't going to be popular but...would you rather have Darnold or Josh Allen + 3 second rounders?

Pointdexter

Well?   

102 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Darnold
    • Allen + three second-rounders

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

A.  Acting like a douche bag isn't going to strengthen your argument. 

You would know.

1 hour ago, Pointdexter said:

B.  What is comical is you calling a top 10 pick in the draft a "terrible prospect" as if it's some inarguable fact, despite that ppl who get paid a lot of money to make these decisons obviously disagree and Josh has clearly elevated his team since taking over in his rookie season. I can only imagine you're clinging to this nonsense so tightly because you were the "blowhard" all offseason claiming Allen is Hackenberg 2.0 and apparently you would rather insult others than show the maturity necessary to evolve your opinion. 

Bookmark this thread, set a calendar reminder, and come back in two years.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

Give Darnold a #1 #2 and a #3 wr.     Let's see what happens.  jets wideouts are the worst route runners in league.  Herndon only brite future. 

Plus some upgrades on the offensive line plus an upgrade at the head coach and offensive coordinator positions.

22 minutes ago, Jamax99 said:

Give Darnold a #1 #2 and a #3 wr.     Let's see what happens.  jets wideouts are the worst route runners in league.  Herndon only brite future. 

I think Sam will eventually be the best qb out of the bunch but Allen’s stat line today on the road against a decent Dolphins D looks pretty bloody impressive 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Slightly off topic, but how the hell did Allen rush for 130 yards?

Allen’s scrambling ability has looked off the charts.  His passing will get better with experience.  If he faced the falcons and bengals every week like Shorty Mayfield he might be rookie of the year instead he beats the Vikings and Jaguars and almost the Dolphins

4 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Interesting take. I watched the 4th quarter today of the bills/dolphins and Allen was as dynamic and accurate as any rookie I've seen this year. It's interesting because it's as if this board isn't actually watching games or critically thinking on Allen, but rather just regurgitating the same tired arguments from pre-draft. Open your eyes, folks.

You're right many posters closed their mind to Allen and won't open them regardless of how well he plays. 

Reality is, Allen was the best QB at the combine by a wide margin. 

Sam was the right choice for the Jets, but it doesn't mean Allen isn't going to be successful. 

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

You're right many posters closed their mind to Allen and won't open them regardless of how well he plays. 

Reality is, Allen was the best QB at the combine by a wide margin. 

Sam was the right choice for the Jets, but it doesn't mean Allen isn't going to be successful. 

Allen has been the best rookie qb.

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

WIth Macc doing the picking, second round picks are worthless and Darnold > Allen so #donethread 

Three second round picks is a steep price to pay.  I still like Sam and think he’s going to be the best qb in this draft class but Allen would have won another game on the road today if Clay doesn’t drop that td pass

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Three second round picks is a steep price to pay.  I still like Sam and think he’s going to be the best qb in this draft class but Allen would have won another game on the road today if Clay doesn’t drop that td pass

I don't watch much football so haven't seen many games other than Jets beginning of season. 12 hour time difference and with the Jets being putrid I'm not going to be a zombie at work Monday to watch them get destroyed.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I don't watch much football so haven't seen many games other than Jets beginning of season. 12 hour time difference and with the Jets being putrid I'm not going to be a zombie at work Monday to watch them get destroyed.

I stopped watching 1st quarter of the Bills game.  

8 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Absolutely no chance in hell.

Josh Allen has 5 TDs

Josh Allen has 3/8 games under 100 yards passing

Josh Allen has 6/8 games under 200 yards passing 

Josh Allen can’t hit the backside of a barn 

You can’t tell these guys anything. He’s looked third best. Not even close to best rookie QB this season.

Baker and Allen are incredibly fun to watch. At least their fans get some run and thrills watching them. We get to see Darnold run towards the sidelines and throw the ball out of bounds. Of course, I acknowledge with weapons, Darnold will be much better. Baker has really good weapons, Allen doesnt, but he is a great improvisor. As of now, he's Tim Tebow with a cannon arm and thrower of beautiful spirals, even though not always accurate. Hes really fun to watch.

13 hours ago, Pointdexter said:

Despite many fans' assurances that Josh Allen was the second coming of Christian Hackenberg, he's pretty damn good.

While we're being forced to look hard at every move Macc has made to decide if he should continue to guide the ship, and with the inarguable huge blunders of passing on Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes last year for a safety, was this another calculated mistake?  We're talking about 3 premium picks he surrendered (high second rounders) and also potentially passing on the best QB prospect...again.  

Personally I love Sam and am still very high on him but it's very debatable whether he's going to be better than Allen.

Now bring on the butt fumbles. ?

Sam is a big play guy on a small play team right now. Let's see who they bring in.

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Absolutely no chance in hell.

Josh Allen has 5 TDs

Josh Allen has 3/8 games under 100 yards passing

Josh Allen has 6/8 games under 200 yards passing 

Josh Allen can’t hit the backside of a barn 

How’d Baker look yesterday facing a real defense and not the falcons or bengals?

2 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Ive seen almost as much of Allen as I have seen of Darnold.  Its not as crazy of a topic as many here would have you believe.  Id say they are about even, and that doesn’t count the 2nd round picks.  

Allen has an ability to spread the field with his mobility and arm strength 

Allen is exactly what we thought he'd be.  Wildly inaccurate with some moments of absolutely brilliance.  Problem is, that's not sustainable in the NFL.  And he'll never, ever, ever get better with his accuracy.

Darnold is mostly what we expected.  Turnover prone, but showing flashes of excellence.  Fortunately, while the turnover problem will follow him his entire career, it's not as damaging as poor accuracy.  QB's can, and have, had average-great careers throwing lots of TD's along with lots of picks.  See:  Favre, Brett and Testaverde, Vinny. 

Give me Darnold over Allen and the draft picks, easily. 

Archived