McCarthy High on Jets List for HC

JetsFanatic

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets fans- "I'm sick and tired of this franchise hiring first time HC's! We need a coach with experience! Someone who has actually done something in this league!"

Also Jets fans-"McCarthy sucks because he's only won one Super Bowl!"

It’s funny, I really don’t care about any moves via player personnel or coaching at this point. I honestly feel that it’s hopeless, especially if they bring back Mac. Darnold is the only shred of hope that I have but he hasn’t proven a thing yet but has also been surrounded by trash. Maybe he can rise up but this terrible organization will surely make it nearly impossible.

It’s easier to start seeing things for what they are. Fans can’t control what actually happens or make better decisions than the GM/coach and actually have it matter. All you can do is reset expectations and make the most of it.

I don’t like McCarthy at all but who am I to be picky. I am a lowly, desperate Jet fan and would be grateful for anything half decent at this point. I’m personally not “invested” in any one candidate and I don’t think they will make enough of a difference as coaching is only 1 half of the equation. Our roster is terrible with no end in sight. 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s funny, I really don’t care about any moves via player personnel or coaching at this point. I honestly feel that it’s hopeless, especially if they bring back Mac. Darnold is the only shred of hope that I have but he hasn’t proven a thing yet but has also been surrounded by trash. Maybe he can rise up but this terrible organization will surely make it nearly impossible.

It’s easier to start seeing things for what they are. Fans can’t control what actually happens or make better decisions than the GM/coach and actually have it matter. All you can do is reset expectations and make the most of it.

I don’t like McCarthy at all but who am I to be picky. I am a lowly, desperate Jet fan and would be grateful for anything half decent at this point. I’m personally not “invested” in any one candidate and I don’t think they will make enough of a difference as coaching is only 1 half of the equation. Our roster is terrible with no end in sight. 

I don't really like McCarthy either, to be honest.  

26 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

That's one of the guys I wanted, but If Mac hires him I will feel torn. I still think he goes to the Browns. 

Here's the problem for Mac. Regardless how any of us feel about McCarthy as a HC, the guy is smart and arrogant. So, he's going to figure out pretty quickly that Mac is a moron, and he will share that view with the Johnsons.  

IMO, Mac will try to get the Johnsons to hire a guy that Mac knows will be loyal to him.

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

for those who say he’s inflexible, why would the guy approach his new job the same way that got him fired from his old one? I’ve asked this plenty and no solid answers yet.

What makes you think a long time coach would suddenly change the philosophy that he has adhered to forever and apparently strongly believes in?

Only cause he’s high on our list doesn’t mean we’re high on his list. Mixed feelings about McCarthy. On one hand, he can coach qb’s and run an offense. On the other hand, he was run out of GB by Rodgers. Winning a super bowl is a major accomplishment. He does only have 1 ring, but it’s more than any 1st time coach we would bring in. I would sign up for 1 ring with McCarthy coaching us the next ten years. It would be 1 more than I’ve seen my whole life.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't really like McCarthy either, to be honest.  

Yeah but then I say to myself, “why am I being picky?” It probably doesn’t matter in the end and it’s not like we’ve had a great history of head coaches and get to be snobs about who comes in next. We are finishing our stint with possibly the worst coach in our history.

Not many ACTUAL head coaches become available like this AND he’s an offensive guy. I can’t say that I’d “hate” the move. We could always try an unknown young offensive coach another time. It really doesn’t matter.

I’m more concerned about Mac and would love if we got McKenzie. Not because McKenzie is some great GM. Because he has had success and IS NOT MAC!

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yeah but then I say to myself, “why am I being picky?” It probably doesn’t matter in the end and it’s not like we’ve had a great history of head coaches and get to be snobs about who comes in next. We are finishing our stint with possibly the worst coach in our history.

Not many ACTUAL head coaches become available like this AND he’s an offensive guy. I can’t say that I’d “hate” the move. We could always try an unknown young offensive coach another time. It really doesn’t matter.

I’m more concerned about Mac and would love if we got McKenzie. Not because McKenzie is some great GM. Because he has had success and IS NOT MAC!

I would try to talk myself into him if we hired him.  I just don't want us to pass up John Harbaugh for him.

27 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

Jets fans- "I'm sick and tired of this franchise hiring first time HC's! We need a coach with experience! Someone who has actually done something in this league!"

Also Jets fans-"McCarthy sucks because he's only won one Super Bowl!"

Yea boggles the mind half the people here want another oc or dc. ******* looney tunes

Sorry Bill Walsh in his prime isn’t available guys. Some fans are insane.

This is one of the winningest coaches in the league during his tenure. He coached for one of the most passive front offices in the league.

All the “He only won one Super Bowl with Aaron Rogers” comments are complete nonsense. Football is the ultimate team game. Green Bay has had consistent poor OL, running, and defenses. They usually have 1 good WR and hope Rogers and McCarthy can save the day. 

This guy brought Favre back from the dead and then developed Rogers. We want someoe to develop Sam Darnold. You can’t convince of too many others better suited.

Is McCarthy a perfect coach? Hell no. He has somethings to correct. But we’d be lucky to have him as our coach.

59 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Watching GMF on NFL Network.  NFL insider Mike Garafolo says Bowles gone at the end of the season and the Jets top target is Mike McCarthy.

Sick of all these insiders.  I guess he has a crystal ball. Let's just wait and see what happens.  

I don't know why people go through so much agony over somebody making a prediction in the media. It's very likely Garafolo has zero actual knowledge of decisions within the Jets organization. At best he is repeating what McCarthy's agent is spreading to generate interest in McCarthy. It's just another example of sports media throwing out predictions knowing there are no consequences if the guess is wrong.

5 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Yea boggles the mind half the people here want another oc or dc. ******* looney tunes

Not to mention that most of the Packers playoff losses under McCarthy were to the eventual SB winner or runner up. They weren't getting bounced out in the 1st round by bad teams.

8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Can someone tell me why we’re supposed to be hating Mcarthy as a candidate?

They should do a poll at one of the newspaper sites and see how many are for or against Mike McCarthy being the next head coach of the Jets. Sometimes the most vocal are the minority.

#Make the Jets great again

Archived