McCarthy High on Jets List for HC

JetsFanatic

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

It's a risk.  No doubt.   Maybe John Harbaugh is the Jets new HC and most of us will get we want at least in some fashion...  A compromise of sorts. 

I think almost all could live with JH.

I can't stand Jim Harbaugh.  Seriously. Fluked into a SB, has been run out of town multiple times now. Total epic ahole who has yet to actually "develop" a QB.

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

What under performing vets are on Green Bay? 

You know, that one guy. That one Running back nobody ever heard of unless they drafted him as a sleeper in the 12th round of their big, money league. LOL. He's awesome, and stupid McCarthy didnt play him enough, so it invalidated his Super Bowl victory. 

6 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Aaron's brother is the Dbag of the family, not Aaron who donated $1 for the fire's relief effort. I wouldn't believe his brother if he told me the sky was blue. ( I know it's not, just sayin...)

Sister Brother Mother Father all agree it’s aaron who abandoned the family. If you have a problem with everyone in your family, you only need a mirror to know who is at fault 

I’d take McCarthy. When a coach any coach is too long in a spot they can wear out their welcome. And looks like after years working together he had issues with Rodgers. You know who’s going to win that dispute. I mean wasn’t McCarthy on Rodgers side when GB got rid of Favre. 

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Sister Brother Mother Father all agree it’s aaron who abandoned the family. If you have a problem with everyone in your family, you only need a mirror to know who is at fault 

Sorry not buying it. There's always two sides to a story and there must have been a damn good reason IF he did "abandoned" his family. I know when he dated Olivia Mum there was "friction" because his "family" had strong opinions on what he should do, who he should date etc.   I chose to believe Aaron.

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Sorry not buying it. There's always two sides to a story and there must have been a damn good reason IF he did "abandoned" his family. I know when he dated Olivia Mum there was "friction" because his "family" had strong opinions on what he should do, who he should date etc.   I chose to believe Aaron.

On what basis because he’s famous? If Aaron wasn’t to blame someone else in his family would stand up for him against his brother’s criticisms. Silence deafening. To turn your back on our entire family sorry sounds like entitled A hole behaviour. I could believe it if he didn’t get along with one or even two. No reasonable person could say Aaron not at fault based on what’s public. Sorry way I see it.

8 hours ago, Drums said:

He is not known as a guy that outcoaches the opponent. He will not turn things around here. Aaron Rodgers carried him. 

When have you ever heard anyone praising how good of a coach he is? 

Every day on Sirius NFL, including from a couple of guys that tell it like it is. (Kirwin, Weis, etc)

Amazing how we hear what we want or maybe don't want to hear.   Garafollo said he thinks the Jets will go for a big name.  Listed McCarthy as a possibility.  Or Harbaugh.  Both brothers may be in play. 

Total guess gets 5 pages.  Lol

11 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

McCarthy feels like the Sanchez pick in the draft, maybe the best option but so many questions

He's actually be the opposite of the Sanchez pick. Sanchez was very inexperienced, McCarthy is not. It would be more like the Mayfield pick. Not as high of an upside as the next Sean McVay but can hit the ground running and be consistent.

16 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

McCarthy or Toub. Fine with either. Feel like McCarthy gives us a direction though. Don’t @ me haters.

for those who say he’s inflexible, why would the guy approach his new job the same way that got him fired from his old one? I’ve asked this plenty and no solid answers yet.

Other than the Jets the other team I have followed over the years has been the Packers and McCarthy is just not a good HC . I also remember the guy saying the Jets were interested in McCarthy also said the Jets would be targeting some high profile coaches. If one of them IMHO should be JIM Harbaugh and if he accepts the job this organization will turn around in one year and we will be in the playoffs next year. This team is not very far off and we are talented, much more so than some here seem to think.

So we lack some playmakers on offense .... That's easily fixable with the Signing of Leveon Bell a life long Jets fan, and a WR capable of making the tough catch in the 4th quarter. Robbie played a good game yesterday but when it counted he dropped a pass that hit him in both hands to extend what would have been a victory drive the way Sam was playing. You just can't do that....  the pass to Kearse might have been even worse since he didn't even try to adjust to the ball. Just to show how out of touch our coaching staff is they not only didn't challenge that Cannon first down run but if you remember on the Jets go ahead score they tried a QB sneak when Darnold was obviously limping. It was obvious Darnold was favoring his foot so why in hell call a keeper ? Just out of touch.

16 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Sorry Bill Walsh in his prime isn’t available guys. Some fans are insane.

This is one of the winningest coaches in the league during his tenure. He coached for one of the most passive front offices in the league.

All the “He only won one Super Bowl with Aaron Rogers” comments are complete nonsense. Football is the ultimate team game. Green Bay has had consistent poor OL, running, and defenses. They usually have 1 good WR and hope Rogers and McCarthy can save the day. 

This guy brought Favre back from the dead and then developed Rogers. We want someoe to develop Sam Darnold. You can’t convince of too many others better suited.

Is McCarthy a perfect coach? Hell no. He has somethings to correct. But we’d be lucky to have him as our coach.

good make him the QB coach then :)

No way the HC

20 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

McCarthy or Toub. Fine with either. Feel like McCarthy gives us a direction though. Don’t @ me haters.

for those who say he’s inflexible, why would the guy approach his new job the same way that got him fired from his old one? I’ve asked this plenty and no solid answers yet.

You a solid answer? Here's a simple one. A guy like McCarthy is set in his ways. He will continue to do things "his way". Even if it doesn't work.

It's the same problem Macc has. He thinks of himself as this great scout but none of his "finds" in the draft have panned out. 

9 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Amazing how we hear what we want or maybe don't want to hear.   Garafollo said he thinks the Jets will go for a big name.  Listed McCarthy as a possibility.  Or Harbaugh.  Both brothers may be in play. 

Total guess gets 5 pages.  Lol

Thats not what he said on GMF yesterday.  He said McCarthy was their top target, he also said he could work with Mac.

8 hours ago, choon328 said:

He's actually be the opposite of the Sanchez pick. Sanchez was very inexperienced, McCarthy is not. It would be more like the Mayfield pick. Not as high of an upside as the next Sean McVay but can hit the ground running and be consistent.

What has sean mcvay actually done?  He has an all world qb, an all world rb, an all world left tackle, 3 very good options at reciever etc.  Has put up great regular season stats but has won nothing.  And I have them as a one and done in the playoffs so it is going to be 2 years now hes done nothing in this league beside nice regular season stats.

Can we stop this false narrative that sean mcvay is some great coach.  Great coaches are made in january and feb.  

After watching Darnold yesterday I'm convinced McCarthy is the best choice to work with Sam going forward. He has an offensive background, he's worked with both Favre & Rogers, two guys that Sam has some similarities too. 

Maybe Rogers thought he was a bit to set in his ways but Rogers is the exact opposite of Darnold. Rogers is a self centered ego maniac & Sam is a quiet coachable listener. Out of every coach available Mike McCarthy has the experience needed to bring stability to this team, the discipline this team needs, and the reputation to attract very good coordinators. 

Im totally on the McCarthy bandwagon & will be disappointed if he's not on the sideline as the Jets #1 choice next year.

11 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What has sean mcvay actually done?  He has an all world qb, an all world rb, an all world left tackle, 3 very good options at reciever etc.  Has put up great regular season stats but has won nothing.  And I have them as a one and done in the playoffs so it is going to be 2 years now hes done nothing in this league beside nice regular season stats.

Can we stop this false narrative that sean mcvay is some great coach.  Great coaches are made in january and feb.  

He also better get homefield because his team plays like sh*t in cold weather.

1 hour ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Harbaugh had a .695 winning % in the NFL, Wow!  McCarthy .613, but still damn good.

Why were these guys fired?

because most of the owners in the NFL are EGO MANIACS Harbaugh was a hard ass and wanted full control In return you get a winning team too much for the owners in San fran to deal with so they got what they deserved as soon as Harbaugh left.... a losing team that went off the deep end quick

Archived