A Cardinals sportswriter says he hears Mike Mcarthy will be the next head coach of the Browns.

Jetsbb

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Their fans love what Williams and Kitchens have done. They’re gonna be very upset with McCarthy. I’m surprised he’s considering a job where he’d be the fans 3rd choice at best, and probably have to keep 1and 2 on his staff.

If I'm Gregg Williams with the job he's done this season and the Browns bring in McCarthy as Head Coach there's no way I'm staying to be a coordinator anymore.

EDIT:  One more thought.  Williams coached D in New Orleans under Sean Payton.  He was the "bounty gate" coach.  Were Williams and Carmichael there together???  THAT would be interesting.  The Jets hire Pete Carmichael as HC and he brings in Gregg Williams to run the D.

2 minutes ago, Grandy said:

I'm surprised they're moving on from Williams/Kitchens without hesitation. I'd seriously consider retaining them with the team doing a 180 since taking over.

Dorsey doesn’t give a sh*t what the fans or the media thinks. Him picking Mayfield No. 1 was an example of this. He seems to just go with what he thinks are the best people. 

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

If I'm Gregg Williams with the job he's done this season and the Browns bring in McCarthy as Head Coach there's no way I'm staying to be a coordinator anymore.

Might be some teams waiting to see how the situation plays out with their eye on Williams.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It'll be funny when McCarthy doesn't even give us an interview. 

Jets call Mike McCarthy's house.  His wife answers, "Sorry, Mike can't come to the phone right now.  He's sitting in the living room talking to Jim Harbaugh about how neither one of them will be interviewing with the Jets."

41 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

EDIT:  One more thought.  Williams coached D in New Orleans under Sean Payton.  He was the "bounty gate" coach.  Were Williams and Carmichael there together???  THAT would be interesting.  The Jets hire Pete Carmichael as HC and he brings in Gregg Williams to run the D.

That would be my favourite scenario to be honest.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

That would be my favourite scenario to be honest.

Yeah.  It just kind of occurred to me that there could be a connection.  Some people here have talked about Carmichael as a favorite.  He'd definitely check the box for offense and he's very experienced (9 years as OC in New Orleans).  Along with Gregg Williams that would be a dynamite tandem in my opinion.

One thing you're all forgetting is that the Browns have probably secretly interviewed their minority candidate already since they fired Hue Jackson during the season like the Jets should have done with Bowles. They're way ahead of the game. McCarthy interviewing with the Browns has nothing to do with Macc. The Jets are probably just now putting a list of Coaches together. Way behind the 8 ball.

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

One thing you're all forgetting is that the Browns have probably secretly interviewed their minority candidate already since they fired Hue Jackson during the season like the Jets should have done with Bowles. They're way ahead of the game. McCarthy interviewing with the Browns has nothing to do with Macc. The Jets are probably just now putting a list of Coaches together. Way behind the 8 ball.

They should interview hugh Jackson as their minority candidate.   ?

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah.  It just kind of occurred to me that there could be a connection.  Some people here have talked about Carmichael as a favorite.  He'd definitely check the box for offense and he's very experienced (9 years as OC in New Orleans).  Along with Gregg Williams that would be a dynamite tandem in my opinion.

Im a Shanahan guy, but this combo sounds pretty damn good to me. Definitely the best idea about a coaching hire I’ve heard on this site. ?

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Neither of those things is likely true. The Browns would have to make the interview public knowledge due to the ROnney Rule. If you think the Jets were somehow hamstrung and couldn't put together a list prior to today then you are just being silly.  The jets retaining Bowles was a positive to any coach considering the job, and they made their list a month ago. 

Archived