Allbright: Jets job trending towards Matt Rhule

Patriot Killa

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JiF said:

This.  100% this.  This isnt outside the box, it's directly in the box of stupidity the Jets live in.

And how did he turn Baylor around?  They won 7 games before Rhule, went to a bowl game, etc.  He took over and they won 1 game!  1 game!!!!  That year, he lost to Liberty and UTSA Roadrunners.  I dont even know the **** the UTSA Roadrunners are.  Literally never heard of them.

I hate this team

You don't follow college football do you? 

Look up the Baylor Sexual assault scandal. Coaches leaving. Top end recruits leaving and Ruhle coming to town with a disaster to fix. Many experts (obviously not as knowledgeable as you) said it would take years to turn things around. It took Ruhle one season.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

What does Rhule tell the players to sell him on being the HC? It's not like he can develop a QB, or install an innovative NFL offense or good defense.

Well he won't threaten Mac for one, and we wouldn't want to disturb his genuis level draft mojo at this critical time of year.

I would like McCarthy bt Rhule wouldn’t be bad at all he’s a coach Thts serious about about football Nd don’t take no sh**

You guys are so quick to knock someone, these coaches in the NFL can’t coach forever they get old. Other guys have to come up Nd get a shot too just like players. I don’t get it... we be excited for the draft which are guys coming out of college bt wanna knock a coach coming from a college. Everyone has to start somewhere almost every coach started from a college or high school so please chill out!!! you guys it’s too much negative energy from us fans starting to think we may be the curse because Confidence is Big part of Success 

6 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I think 2, 3, and 5 are valid question marks, but everyone was going to lose at Baylor regardless of who coached there given the circumstances. It’s technically true but pretty inconclusive as to saying how good of a coach he is on the field. 

He also has some coaching experience on both offense and defense, so that’s pretty rare for a resume. 

It’s a risk for sure. I’m not going to slam it because i don’t know enough about him to say whether he could handle the job. Just have to hope he’s the guy. 

Jim Grobe won 7 games the year before Rhule got there and they won a Bowl game.  Rhule took over the next year, they won 1 game.

33 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

“Trending toward” WTF does that mean even!!

It's similar to, "would consider the possibility of potentially....." which is a line we saw the other day, I think about McCarthy.

Nobody knows WTF is going on.  They're all wishy-washy.  Until one of these so-called NFL insiders comes out and says, "X will be the next HC of the Jets," I ain't gonna deliver sh*te!!!

I am not against a Rhule hiring.  Not at all.  But the context by which this is going down is disgusting.

Maccagnan gets to be part of HC hiring process.  Balks at guy who is biggest threat at his job security.  Ownership actually listens to Maccagnan and goes with the option that will fall in line and let Maccagnan make all the picks and signings. 

Rhule will have his work cut out for him, that's for sure. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Jim Grobe won 7 games the year before Rhule got there and they won a Bowl game.  Rhule took over the next year, they won 1 game.

seriously. can’t wait for the press conference when they have to justify Rhule over McCarthy. Seriously wish Jim Acosta covered NY sports beat. Dude is annoyingly relentless.

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Solid argument skills. 

My argument was equally valid to what you were saying.  Saying "YOU HAVE NO PROOF OF THIS" is an easy cop-out.  Of course we have proof.  The proof is in how this has all gone down within context.  While we do not have the ability to be flies on the wall, its pretty easy to tell based on all the information being thrown around what is going on in the room. 

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Everything the Jets do is awesome.  There.

Go away. 

You're ranting and raving without having a clue what you're talking about.  Actually that's what you always do... carry on.

3 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

I'm pretty sure new coaches don't go into a new situation and say "hey this is why you should like me" and then proceed to show them a power point of their successful events. All the players care about is winning and how he'll help them get better. 

The bolded makes my point.  What is Rhule going to tell the players to convince them that he knows how to "win" and that he will "help them get better"?

Nothing in Rhule's resume gives proof to either of that.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

To be fair, many thought that Baylor was going to get the death penalty for those allegations against it.   Ton of transfers and recruits lost. 

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This cannot be stressed enough.  If the latest info that's been coming out is indeed true, it means our owner is putting the feelings he has for Mike Maccagnan as GM above what's best for the Jets organization. 

Holy f*** I hate this team.

No that I doubt the reality of this, but I'm curious where this is coming from?  I haven't exactly been keeping up today, but it only sounds curious given that McCarthy had made a point of coming out at the beginning of the head coach hiring process to specifically go on the record saying he wasn't looking for control.  I remember this because I was specifically on board with offering him exactly that, but he seemed he didn't want it.  If things have changed, then I totally agree with you, screw Macc and give McCarthy whatever he wants, but it just seems to go against prior things he said himself.

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

Holy crap. You still refuse to learn from your mistakes. Look up the Baylor Scandal. Research all the recruits that Baylor lost and the players that likely avoided Baylor due to the scandal. No one wanted the job. They though it would take years to turn it around. 

Nah, it's easier to scream for McCarthy. 

38 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If there’s truth to the Jets pairing Gase with Rhule as the OC, then that could be a homerun.

Bring in a vet, accomplished DC and we could be in business.

The coordinators are important with Rhule. I'd feel a lot better about him if we got Monken... Gase I dunno...

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I am not against a Rhule hiring.  Not at all. 

I am.

Pairing that boob Mac with a newbie coach w/no network is a recipe for disaster. It's like giving a toddler a fork and letting him run around a room with multiple exposed outlets.

I also 100 % agree this is Mac steering CJ away from the SB pedigree to protect his own ass, which is additionally infuriating.

hate this team.

1 minute ago, SMC said:

The bolded makes my point.  What is Rhule going to tell the players to convince them that he knows how to "win" and that he will "help them get better"?

Nothing in Rhule's resume gives proof to either of that.

So ?  ;-)

Archived