JAMAL Takes him down!

prime21

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now the mascot guy is in the hospital. No bueno. Wouldn't be surprised if Adams gets sued, he hit him pretty good. It's basically assault. 

Jamal Adams says his playful hit sent mascot to hospital

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 24, 2019, 2:12 PM EST
gettyimages-914302752-e1548357146618.jpg
Getty Images

Jets safety Jamal Adams wants to deliver big hits to Patriots.

But he said his attempt to add some levity to the Pro Bowl skills challenge went awry, which his tackle on the Patriots mascot sent the person inside the suit to the hospital.

“He [the mascot] was running around and everybody was booing him, so I said, ‘You know what? Let me go tackle him,’ Adams said, via Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com. “I didn’t hit him that hard, man. All jokes aside, I didn’t hit him that hard. I don’t know what’s really going on, but they did tell me he’s in the hospital. My intention was never to hurt him. it was all about just a joke but I definitely want to check on him and make sure everything is good. At the end of the day we were out here just having fun and it wasn’t nothing intentionally to try to hurt the guy.”

He tweeted out the footage yesterday, and it was a solid shot that appeared to take the poor mascot by surprise.

Embedded video

This one is for every Patriots hater out there! I got y’all!

Adams said the league wasn’t happy with him, but there hasn’t been any official word from the league about that person’s condition.

You know this is going to turn into a penalty/suspension/lawsuit for Jamal. This would have been funny if staged by both sides but if he really just decided to blindside the guy and tackle him, that’s pretty stupid.

We are in a such a pussified environment where everyone sues/shames everyone. Knowing this means that he needs to be smarter than that. If only @T0mShane warned us......

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You know this is going to turn into a penalty/suspension/lawsuit for Jamal. This would have been funny if staged by both sides but if he really just decided to blindside the guy and tackle him, that’s pretty stupid.

We are in a such a pussified environment where everyone sues/shames everyone. Knowing this means that he needs to be smarter than that. If only @T0mShane warned us......

You are so fukin right. Pussified! Especially the schools. I remember getting pounded in the face by a hard rubber ball playing dodgeball. Nowadays it’s pussyball. All different rules. If that guy is on the playing field and joking around in his pussyass costume he is open game for getting tackled. Maybe not a hard ass tackle but Jamal didn’t kill him. He needs to turn in his uniform! 

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Freezing Cold Takes 

Here’s what seemed to have happened with the Jamal Adams/Pat The Patriot incident (h/t @bgoldgrab). It appears Pat did NOT go to the hospital and reports that he did were based on joking/playful comments from Jamal Adams. Thread.

Took out their mascot AND trolled their fans.

Jamal is the man.

Fortunately it sounds as if everything is OK? Pat the Patriot tweeted out "hate us 'cause they ain't us" in response to the Adams tweet, indicating that he is not suffering from debilitating injuries.

And a Patriots spokesman told CBS Boston that the mascot is just "sore" 

Lol at you guys posting about lawsuits and suspensions ?

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

Fortunately it sounds as if everything is OK? Pat the Patriot tweeted out "hate us 'cause they ain't us" in response to the Adams tweet, indicating that he is not suffering from debilitating injuries.

And a Patriots spokesman told CBS Boston that the mascot is just "sore" 

Lol at you guys posting about lawsuits and suspensions ?

They're just suffering from Box Safety Syndrome

When I originally opened the thread earlier and watched the video I thought for sure that this was staged be because of how hard he hit him. No, he didnt take his head off but that wasn't a playful tackle whatsoever. 

Now that I know that wasn't staged AND the guy got hurt... Adams deserves whatever he gets for this one. That was a stupid attention whore stunt. I really hope Gase can get this kid in line FAST. I always defended him as a player but his tweeting and now this crap is really enough already. 

3 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

He hit him so hard I thought it had to be a set up

This is definitely going to cost him some money 

My thought, too. I thought this was some agreed upon thing, but the fact that he jacked an unsuspecting drama major at the f***king Pro Bowl *walkthrough* is Peak Jamal, when you think about it. 

25 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

When I originally opened the thread earlier and watched the video I thought for sure that this was staged be because of how hard he hit him. No, he didnt take his head off but that wasn't a playful tackle whatsoever. 

Now that I know that wasn't staged AND the guy got hurt... Adams deserves whatever he gets for this one. That was a stupid attention whore stunt. I really hope Gase can get this kid in line FAST. I always defended him as a player but his tweeting and now this crap is really enough already. 

Cool story. It wasn't stated and he didn't get hurt tho 

3 hours ago, Nixhead said:

You are so fukin right. Pussified! Especially the schools. I remember getting pounded in the face by a hard rubber ball playing dodgeball. Nowadays it’s pussyball. All different rules. If that guy is on the playing field and joking around in his pussyass costume he is open game for getting tackled. Maybe not a hard ass tackle but Jamal didn’t kill him. He needs to turn in his uniform! 

Every single generation says that and thankfully  it's true. Life is getting easier for most everyone.

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

My thought, too. I thought this was some agreed upon thing, but the fact that he jacked an unsuspecting drama major at the f***king Pro Bowl *walkthrough* is Peak Jamal, when you think about it. 

yep, the guy/gal in that costume is probably a skinny fat twerp like @JiF who covers their mushy mid section while on the beach.

Getting tackled by a professional athlete is sure to cause some harm, even if said professional athlete moves in slow motion compared to his peers.

Archived