Paradis signs with Carolina

Team archer

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tony MaC said:

So much for Ginger Snaps...

I'm really trying to figure this one out on different levels. Did we just hype a guy who wasn't all that coveted by the Jets and others? Or did Mac whiff? Or was it not to be no matter how much they wanted to pay him cause he just didn't want to be in NY/NJ?

You know what, I'm going with all of the above. He was a short term answer at a need spot either way, I'm not happy. I would have called this offseason a success with literally just him and one weapon. Stings way worse than Barr flaking out on us because there are other options for them at pass rusher now or in the draft. Now we've got nothing left at a pivotal position.

He got 11 mil guaranteed.  Aka nothing.

No one wanted him.  We were way off on this one.

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

More importantly, where’s the goof who was so adamantly defending him yesterday? 

You mean this J-bird.....deserves all the buttfumbles.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:44 PM, jayrad01 said:

I don't get all the hate for Bob. This guy is as right as anyone else when it comes to rumors. He obviously has connections

Just now, HighPitch said:

Bell is using us right now as well.

recind the offer asap

build through the draft

we have money next year too. Rome wasnt built in a day

Why?  I get the idea that you guys are hurt by being "used" but it is actually in our best interests for all the other teams to pay as much as possible.  It will weaken them, lead to more cap casualties and IMO the only real downside is in hurting the general NFL collusion that has gone on for almost a century.  If Bell doesn't sign with us, we don't lose anything.

37 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

That’s not the case. I’m not on the macc is the worst tip like so many here, but we wanted him. Make no mistake

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

lol - that doesn't mean the people running the Jets were interested.

This isn't that big of a deal - there are other people who can play center. Paradis isn't some future HOF player. 

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Bell is using us right now as well.

recind the offer asap

build through the draft

we have money next year too. Rome wasnt built in a day

The Jets need help for Darnold. Dont want Bell, but cant go into the draft with Harrison at center and crowell/mcguire at HB.

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

That's what I had posted earlier and got reamed for it.

other guys get passes for bad seasons marred with injuries - look at jamison crowder.  he's being applauded as a great signing, coming off an injury marred season.  long was good before the jets, played hurt and looked bad, then cut.  shouldn't have happened.

5 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Yeah, because snapping the ball to the QB without fumbling isn't important or anything....

I hate our front office. 

If they don't find a guy who can snap the ball to the QB without fumbling then by all means burn them at the stake. But let's not pretend like Paradis was some kind of unicorn center. There are other guys who can snap the ball in the NFL.

32 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

A typical Jetsy start to FA, so much Hope, expectancy, to be dashed with disappointment and a dawning realisation that no matter how much cash we have no one wants to play for us.  A culture change is needed, or a new GM and owner perhaps :-)

This wouldn’t have happened to Ozzie Newsome if he were GM as I hoped!

Archived