Poll: Are you happy with the new uniforms?

Are you happy with the new uniforms?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the new uniforms?

• Yes love the new look
    • No they could have done better

16 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Really needs a they are OK option. I think the white and white/green combos are better overall than what we have. All green still sucks,. not a fan of the black, black with grey would have been better. Logo blows, overall design just feels watered down and by committee.  They are OK. I we only wear black a couple times a year, never wear all green, and wear the all whites and white/green combo mostly they are an upgrade. Overall grade is like a B-. Not surprised if we redesign again in 5 years.

An okay option is a no they could have done better. To me anything less than blown out of the park excited is a thumbs down. They had 4 years to figure the **** out and took them 20 years to change it. The barometer should be very high not low.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

I have an authentic white helmet on my dresser. When the jets have a huge Game I put it on and run around and make a fool of myself. 

This explains a lot of your posts.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

No, the fact they couldn’t match the green in the helmet to the green in the jersey ruins it for me.  Its so bad it is distracting.

3657C040-9CAE-493B-8E29-95BAFD029585.jpeg

Matches fine... You picked a weird picture

Calm down

imageproxy.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

The picture was from the reveal.  In none of the pictures shown, including yours, do they match.  Totally different hues.  You may just be blind.

Man. I try not to respond when people are going on tangents. But reread your posts. You are upset because of the HUE of the helmet. With that kind of post, let’s be honest, you weren’t going to be happy with anything.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Man. I try not to respond when people are going on tangents. But reread your posts. You are upset because of the HUE of the helmet. With that kind of post, let’s be honest, you weren’t going to be happy with anything.

I understand many of you probably buy your clothes at walmart and have no sense of style.

Sorry, I have a sense of design and fashion. You should never have mismatching hues in any uniform or outfit you wear.  It looks cheap.  How hard would it be to match the two greens in a uniform?  Not very.  Looks like sh*t.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

He just said in another thread he would shut the game off because of the distraction. Can't make this sh*t up.

• Haha 2

The green in the jersey and helmet look horrible together, especially in the black.  Just like the stadium, we could have done so much better. 

CJ if it’s such a big unveiling know what you’re gonna say. Don’t go up there and read off of a crumbled piece of paper. Such an amateur.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Matches fine... You picked a weird picture

Calm down

imageproxy.jpeg

This is a common thing with reflective helmets. Sometimes Rutgers uses reflective ones too and when the sun or lighting hits it a certain way it can look off. Personally I think the helmet looks great with the white and black unis, but with the green it’s a little overkill. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

I understand many of you probably buy your clothes at walmart and have no semse of style.

Sorry, I have a sense of design and fashion. You should never have mismatching hues in any uniform or outfit you wear.  It looks cheap.  How hard would it be to match the two greens in a uniform?  Not very.  Looks like sh*t.

It does look like crap.  I will assume with paint you can make a shiny green like the helmet but coloring cloth you cannot.  So they didnt do this purposesly, you just cant recreated the paint color on fabric.

And if thats the case, they should have scrapped the helmet color.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Looking at the unis again, it looks like the greens match when they wear white jerseys and green pants.  But they dont match with the helmet on the all green ones.  Am i seeing things?

Could be.  If you look at the helmet green and the green on the black jerseys, they are very different as well.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

What you think? BTW there is no meh or bazilian other options because those water down the poll and you don't get a true sense of fan opinion. Thums up or down is a much better way to gauge.

If you wanted a straight up or down vote, you would've worded your choices more like, "it's as good or better than I'd hoped," and, "it's as bad or worse than I expected." One choice being, "love it," and the other being, "could've done better," invites bias. I don't love it, I think they could've done better, but I also think they could've done significantly worse. Overall, despite not loving it or thinking they could've done better, I'm on the positive side. Worst part remains the logo with the dumb football on there, but I can even warm up to that. The black is fairly tasteful and the green on the helmets is actually pretty great.