Quinnen Williams Isn't Signed ...

KRL

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

With Bosa at 2 and Quinnen at 3 both unsigned I could see both waiting to see what the other gets. The question is which one will cave first. 

It’s offsets same reason Sam was a hold out. The contract numbers themselves are slotted in . 

https://www.nj.com/jets/2018/07/sam_darnold_holdout_what_was_point_of_jets_fightin.html

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

It’s offsets same reason Sam was a hold out. The contract numbers themselves are slotted in . 

https://www.nj.com/jets/2018/07/sam_darnold_holdout_what_was_point_of_jets_fightin.html

Next CBA they should work out a formula for offsets too.  Then agents will have to hold out over what brand of hot dogs are available in the film room.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

This F'cker better be real good and the real deal that is all i can say.

Actually he needs to be better than that. If he's not an All Pro it was a stupid pick.  McCoffee is gone. We had a guy that rigidly adhered to BAP in the first round, would rather try and find a draft "steal" than take solid players, did not value the OLINE at all, was unafraid of picking corners with ACLs, did not like taking playmakers, and drafted consecutive safeties in the first and 2nd rounds. He was so incompetent it is mind boggling.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

With Bosa at 2 and Quinnen at 3 both unsigned I could see both waiting to see what the other gets. The question is which one will cave first. 

Maybe Bosa won’t sign, and Douglas calls, and swaps Q for Bosa, one can dream ??

• Thumb Down 4

Im not a billionaire, and maybe this statement is why, but if I had Woody/Chris Johnson's money why on earth would I care about  delaying a signing bonus payment just to collect the interest on an extra couple million dollars?

The guys paid $800 million for something that is now worth $2-3 Billion, isnt that enough to just stop worrying about stuff like offsets and bonus payments?

4 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

I think they wanted language in there paying Sam if/when Mac & Bowles got canned. That writing was on the wall. The organization probably has a minimum of three years stability right now, but neither of these guys drafted QW, so he could be looking for similar guarantees. There’s also looking ahead at a potential lockout year and what that would mean. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

Actually he needs to be better than that. If he's not an All Pro it was a stupid pick.  McCoffee is gone. We had a guy that rigidly adhered to BAP in the first round, would rather try and find a draft "steal" than take solid players, did not value the OLINE at all, was unafraid of picking corners with ACLs, did not like taking playmakers, and drafted consecutive safeties in the first and 2nd rounds. He was so incompetent it is mind boggling.

I'm sorry about the butt fumble. if i could take it back, i would. You, like others though i believe are suffering from Mac derangement syndrome.

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Well we just saw that the idiot MAC gave Hackenburg a 1.5 signing bonus so these guys can justify holding out for a gazillion dollars. 

1 hour ago, genot said:

Tried to find out how. was unsuccessful. Please tell me how. Thanks, Warfish

Click on the buttfumble icon, there will be a small green "X" next to it, click thatand buttfumble is removed.  You can undo any reaction you give.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Can’t wait until guys get even more impatient and start saying.. “HERE WE GO AGAIN. Another GM who can’t seal the deal in negotiations! SOJ!”

thats usually how this thing plays out right?

It's that or bashing him for caving in on a players demands.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, nycdan said:

Next CBA they should work out a formula for offsets too.  Then agents will have to hold out over what brand of hot dogs are available in the film room.

If where being honest the players have been getting there asses handed to them in these CBA negotiations in past years . Should be interesting to see how upcoming negotiations go .