Trades brewing?

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Amari Cooper.  With jaylen smith signed and now having to sign zeke and dak, they cant pay him 20 mil a year.

I would take Cooper for sure.  For two reasons.  He changed Dak's life and I hate the Cowboys.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If I had to guess on the WR front...

I’d say the trading team is going to move Jarvis Landry, and the tradING team will be his former coach whom got a lot of production out of him (he averaged 100 catches per year in Miami). 

Cleveland got him for a 4th & a 7th, we could probably get him for a safety and a 6th. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

If I had to guess on the WR front...
I’d say the trading team is going to move Jarvis Landry, and the tradING team will be his former coach whom got a lot of production out of him (he averaged 100 catches per year in Miami). 

I HIGHLY doubt the browns trade him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 3

On the WR front, names that I think could be it:

Cooper:  They can't afford to let Dak walk, and Zeke has dug his heels in.  I could see them trying to move Cooper in a WR + pick deal, especially one on a decent deal.  

Evans: This one I'm not sure, because they should be rebuilding.  Winston isn't the type of franchise QB you want to build around.  

Fitz:  At this point I can see Arizona trying to move him to a contender so he could have that one last shot deal.  

Julio? The Falcons offense looked bad to me in the pre-season game and they might have to invest in that defense.  I could see them try to wiggle some elite talent out of someone or high pick, but it's a long shot.  

5 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

That makes no sense. Almost as stupid as it would be to trade the best player on your team who happened to be a top 3 Defensive talent away in the prime of his career  over a couple of millions....oh, wait. 

LOL. 

Raiders will always be failures. It did come down to money. Owner didn’t have the cash (Guaranteed money has to be put in escrow) so they dump an elite pass rusher. Raiders are a joke and always will be 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Julio? The Falcons offense looked bad to me in the pre-season game and they might have to invest in that defense.  I could see them try to wiggle some elite talent out of someone or high pick, but it's a long shot.  

Leonard Williams even up for Julio Jones 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

30 minutes ago, win4ever said:

On the WR front, names that I think could be it:

Cooper:  They can't afford to let Dak walk, and Zeke has dug his heels in.  I could see them trying to move Cooper in a WR + pick deal, especially one on a decent deal.  

Evans: This one I'm not sure, because they should be rebuilding.  Winston isn't the type of franchise QB you want to build around.  

Fitz:  At this point I can see Arizona trying to move him to a contender so he could have that one last shot deal.  

Evans makes sense if they really like Godwin and think this team is not ready to win, which it isn't. But that wouldn't be too shocking. Julio makes the most sense since they have Ridley and Sanu. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Evans makes sense if they really like Godwin and think this team is not ready to win, which it isn't. But that wouldn't be too shocking. Julio makes the most sense since they have Ridley and Sanu. 

What do you think it would take from the NY Jets to pull off a trade for Julio Jones.

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What do you think it would take from the NY Jets to pull off a trade for Julio Jones.

There’s definitely risks involved but I’d send a 2nd tbh. Sams on a rookie deal now would be the time to pull off a move like that 

4 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

So if the Jets trade for a receiver who goes to the bench? Enunwa? who they just resigned. No the Jets aren't trading for a big name receiver unless its an absolute steal. Jets need a dependable starting corner last I checked!

I’m hoping for Trae Waynes 

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

No idea. He has a pretty reasonable deal and is still just 30. They desperately need help on the defensive line so I assume it would start with Leonard Williams. 

I like Leo as a player and am excited to see him next to Q in a Gregg Williams defense but if we can improve the offense even further this offseason, than let's keep it up. Throw an actual #1 reciever into this offense and we're cooking.

Julio/Amari/Evans

Enunwa, Anderson, Crowder, Dortch

Herndon

Bell, Montgomery, Powell

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Leonard Williams even up for Julio Jones 

I would do it, the Falcons won't.  Any trade for a stud like that includes a pick, because you need a pick for people to dream on for 2 years.  

49 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I would take either, lol.  I think Evans is more likely because it's at least a new coaching staff that may want to put their own spin.  But both would cost a pretty penny.  

4 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

A lot of talk on twitter is Alshon to the Jets... not sure how legit... but saw numerous people tweeting/discussing

I thought about this, because he has connections to Douglas from both Philly and Chicago, where Gase also worked with him.  The issue is that I don't see how he fits within the offense when someone like Enunwa would be sidelined.  

• Sympathy 1

38 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

So if the Jets trade for a receiver who goes to the bench? Enunwa? who they just resigned. No the Jets aren't trading for a big name receiver unless its an absolute steal. Jets need a dependable starting corner last I checked!

Jets would simply go 4 and 5 wide as often as possible and Enunwa would dump on whatever crappy 4th CB he would be matched up with

I thought about this, because he has connections to Douglas from both Philly and Chicago, where Gase also worked with him.  The issue is that I don't see how he fits within the offense when someone like Enunwa would be sidelined.  

Okay enunwa at TE? for the first 4 at least then figure it out? Not sure lol but itd be something

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Larry Fitzgerald is my guess. Cards drafted a ton of WR + signed Crabtree. He’s the surprise. Nobody you guys are mentioning are surprises.

He’s 35 and wanting to play for a contender this year which wouldn’t be Arizona 

It's amazing to me how a guy can just put out the most vague Tweet about a trade brewing in the NFL. Social media has turned solid reporting on its head. It's like the entire populace have turned to posers, liars, cheats, using tweeter, Facebook, instagram to create a world they wished they lived in or create personas of themselves in false narratives. An entire country screaming LOOK AT ME. Ugh. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1