Jets Cuts

kdels62

Shocked not to see Burgess make the team, thought he had a great preseason. 

Burnett is disappointing - beyond the relationship with Sam, he showed up last season even called upon showing that relationship could work on this level too. 

Phillips did real well the last few weeks and I don't see how you could keep Polite when dudes like him were killing it. That said, I could see him going real quick if we land someone like Spence on the wire.

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Peake cut... he's like our longest running Jet lol

So Cooper's released... I have no idea what this team is doing at DB and WR.... we seem to have name out of a hat guys playing in our secondary -- and a legion of Slot WRs manning our entire Receiver corps behind Anderson.

I think we need to remember the perspective of this new regime. Many of us have been suffering here for years waiting for a playoff window to open again for the Jets but it is truly Year 1 for these guys. Month 3 for Joe Douglas? They are in a true rebuild.  I think their goal may be 2020 or 2021. Joe is in cleansing mode first, then building I think. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think we need to remember the perspective of this new regime. Many of us have been suffering here for years waiting for a playoff window to open again for the Jets but it is truly Year 1 for these guys. Month 3 for Joe Douglas? They are in a true rebuild.  I think their goal may be 2020 or 2021. Joe is in cleansing mode first, then building I think. 

That's fine, i do (strangely) have a lot trust with those 2 out of the gate.... i just don't get it yet - when it comes to those two positions.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

The #Jets have 6 of 22 players left on the roster from their 2015, 2016 and 2017 drafts.

DL Leonard Williams (2015)
LB Jordan Jenkins (2016)
OT Brandon Shell (2016)
P Lachlan Edwards (2016)
S Jamal Adams (2017)
S Marcus Maye (2017)

That is soooooo bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JetNation said:

maccagnan.jpg

The NY Jets have announced 38 player moves to get down to the 53 man limit which was required by 4pm today. We had previously posted about the Parry Nickerson trade as well as Eli McGuire and Jachai Polite being cut. The bottom line is this isn’t a good day if you were a Mike Maccagnan draft pick.

Brandon Copeland and Chris Herndon are on the reserved \ suspended list so they don’t count against the roster limit right now. International player Valentine Holmes was waived, he is a practice squad candidate as well.

The Jets waived both Luke Falk and Davis Webb. It is expected they will try and sign Luke Falk to the practice squad.  Charone Peake was a mild surprise cut, it was thought he would stick around because of his strong special teams play. The team is also moving on from tight end Eric Tomlinson.

You can expect the Jets to be very active on the waiver wire. So more moves should be announced tomorrow. Here are the moves from today, with players grouped by positions:

Table inside Article
Player Position Experience Transaction
Falk, Luke QB 2 Waived
Webb, Davis QB 3 Waived
Holmes, Valentine RB 1 Waived
McGuire, Elijah RB 3 Waived
Adeboyejo, Quincy WR 2 Waived
Burnett, Deontay WR 2 Waived
Peake, Charone WR 4 Waived
Smith, Jeff WR R Waived
Thompson, Deonte WR 7 Released
White, Tim WR 2 Waived
Tomlinson, Eric TE 4 Released
Anderson, Calvin T R Waived
Anderson, Ryan OL R Waived
Braden, Ben OL 2 Waived
Miller, Wyatt OL R Waived
Morgan, Jordan G 2 Waived
Smith, Eric T 2 Waived
Toth, Jon C 1 Waived
Alexandre, Justin DL R Waived
Sanders, Trevon DL R Waived
Stout, MyQuon DL R Waived
Anthony, Stephone LB 5 Released
Burgess, James LB 3 Waived
Mosley, Jamey LB R Waived
Polite, Jachai LB R Waived
Wint, Anthony LB 1 Waived
Austin, Bless CB R Non-Football Injury
Brown, Alex CB R Waived
Brown, Kyron CB R Waived
Campbell, Tevaughn CB 1 Waived
Cooper, Marcus CB 7 Released
Igwebuike, Godwin S 2 Waived
Kindred, Derrick S 4 Waived
Myers, Mark CB 1 Waived
Nickerson, Parry CB 2 Traded to SEA
Darr, Matt P 2 Waived
Copeland, Brandon LB 5 NFL Suspension
Herndon, Chris TE 2 NFL Suspension

Some additional roster thoughts from Brian Costello and Connor Hughes. Visit our forums for more NY Jets talk.

Kyle Phillips, an undrafted DL out of Tennessee, is still on the roster. He played his ass off Thursday night. I would not be surprised if he is cut tomorrow and then brought back on practice squad. Jets probably trying to slip him through. That extra day helps sometimes. #nyj

— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) August 31, 2019

The #Jets have 6 of 22 players left on the roster from their 2015, 2016 and 2017 drafts.

LB Jordan Jenkins (2016)
OT Brandon Shell (2016)
P Lachlan Edwards (2016)
S Jamal Adams (2017)
S Marcus Maye (2017)

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) August 31, 2019

The post Jets Cut Roster to 53; Bad Day For Macc’s Picks appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

l_Rhl7ROqNg

Click here to read the full story...

Mac the “scout gm”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

You need to listen to the man actually speak before you cite nonsense from a “podcast”.

Here is your penance. Go find the full 39 minute video of his mid-season press conference, was one of the most bizarre, mind-numbing and worst press conferences I’ve ever heard. 

Go find the 39 minute video, watch it all and then come back and defend this clueless loser.

He sucked 19.7x worse than Mac. That’s a proven fact.  

Alright the guy isn't the smoothest public speaker, lasted 2 years with the Jets.  I can't even remember ANYTHING Maccagnan said of note over his 4 years.  Creep was locked in his office most of the time, finding 3rd round gems like Polite.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

They waived, White, Burnett, Thompson and Peake. 

Who did they keep past?  The main 3 and Dortch? 

The top 3, Dortch plus Bellamy.

I suspect they bring in at least 1 more on waivers. I'd go with Keelan Doss, who I am very surprised that the Raiders cut.

• Upvote 1

Moves I suspect we might see tomorrow:

A kicker (Chase McLaughlin?) claimed, Bertolet cut.

Another WR added (Doss?), Qvale to IR.

Josh Adams, RB added (possible bad news for Powell - I'd keep him and cut Nathan Shepherd).

Another CB (Nick Nelson?) added, possible bad news for Doug Middleton.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Alright the guy isn't the smoothest public speaker, lasted 2 years with the Jets.  I can't even remember ANYTHING Maccagnan said of note over his 4 years.  Creep was locked in his office most of the time, finding 3rd round gems like Polite.

I remember every excruciating word of that presser. 

He sucked 19.7x worse. Was in a podcast. 

Accept it as fact. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Moves I suspect we might see tomorrow:

A kicker claimed, Bertolet cut.

Another WR added (Doss?), Qvale to IR.

Josh Adams, RB added (possible bad news for Powell - I'd keep him and cut Nathan Shepherd).

Another CB added, possible bad news for Doug Middleton.

What is this ******* fascination with Josh adams... He is not that good 

23 hours ago, joebracken33 said:

What have I missed ?

Have we fired Cannon ?

Has Charone peaked ?

Did we send Valentine Holmes ?

Did we torch Dortch ?

Is Sam too darn old ?

Is this Chris Berman? Oh and you haven't missed anything, this thread is about petty bickering as usual here on Just Negative. Trying to see who we cut and having to crawl through 4 pages of s*it stinking foulness...

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JetNation said:

maccagnan.jpg

The NY Jets have announced 38 player moves to get down to the 53 man limit which was required by 4pm today. We had previously posted about the Parry Nickerson trade as well as Eli McGuire and Jachai Polite being cut. The bottom line is this isn’t a good day if you were a Mike Maccagnan draft pick.

Brandon Copeland and Chris Herndon are on the reserved \ suspended list so they don’t count against the roster limit right now. International player Valentine Holmes was waived, he is a practice squad candidate as well.

The Jets waived both Luke Falk and Davis Webb. It is expected they will try and sign Luke Falk to the practice squad.  Charone Peake was a mild surprise cut, it was thought he would stick around because of his strong special teams play. The team is also moving on from tight end Eric Tomlinson.

You can expect the Jets to be very active on the waiver wire. So more moves should be announced tomorrow. Here are the moves from today, with players grouped by positions:

Table inside Article
Player Position Experience Transaction
Falk, Luke QB 2 Waived
Webb, Davis QB 3 Waived
Holmes, Valentine RB 1 Waived
McGuire, Elijah RB 3 Waived
Adeboyejo, Quincy WR 2 Waived
Burnett, Deontay WR 2 Waived
Peake, Charone WR 4 Waived
Smith, Jeff WR R Waived
Thompson, Deonte WR 7 Released
White, Tim WR 2 Waived
Tomlinson, Eric TE 4 Released
Anderson, Calvin T R Waived
Anderson, Ryan OL R Waived
Braden, Ben OL 2 Waived
Miller, Wyatt OL R Waived
Morgan, Jordan G 2 Waived
Smith, Eric T 2 Waived
Toth, Jon C 1 Waived
Alexandre, Justin DL R Waived
Sanders, Trevon DL R Waived
Stout, MyQuon DL R Waived
Anthony, Stephone LB 5 Released
Burgess, James LB 3 Waived
Mosley, Jamey LB R Waived
Polite, Jachai LB R Waived
Wint, Anthony LB 1 Waived
Austin, Bless CB R Non-Football Injury
Brown, Alex CB R Waived
Brown, Kyron CB R Waived
Campbell, Tevaughn CB 1 Waived
Cooper, Marcus CB 7 Released
Igwebuike, Godwin S 2 Waived
Kindred, Derrick S 4 Waived
Myers, Mark CB 1 Waived
Nickerson, Parry CB 2 Traded to SEA
Darr, Matt P 2 Waived
Copeland, Brandon LB 5 NFL Suspension
Herndon, Chris TE 2 NFL Suspension

Some additional roster thoughts from Brian Costello and Connor Hughes. Visit our forums for more NY Jets talk.

Kyle Phillips, an undrafted DL out of Tennessee, is still on the roster. He played his ass off Thursday night. I would not be surprised if he is cut tomorrow and then brought back on practice squad. Jets probably trying to slip him through. That extra day helps sometimes. #nyj

— Brian Costello (@BrianCoz) August 31, 2019

LB Jordan Jenkins (2016)
OT Brandon Shell (2016)
P Lachlan Edwards (2016)
S Jamal Adams (2017)
S Marcus Maye (2017)

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) August 31, 2019

The post Jets Cut Roster to 53; Bad Day For Macc’s Picks appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

l_Rhl7ROqNg

Click here to read the full story...

Boggles the mind actually, it really does.

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

No, Idzik was indescribably bad, same as Maccagnan, both should have never been given the job in the first place.  Comparing the two is pretty much like comparing dog business on a curb on a summer day sitting next to some guys vomit who came out of a bar.

Its not as though the thought is that Idzik was way “better” than Maccagnan.  It’s close.  The whole point of the exercise was to show how incredibly bad Maccagnan was in that you could even make a case for Idzik being “better”.

Idzik took a shot with Geno Smith in the 2nd, the Jets have perennially needed a QB forever at the time, if you remember that year was the weakest QB class in probably a generation, with Buffalo taking EJ Manual in the first (I don’t even know how that guy managed to play college ball much less making the pros), same as Maccagnan, squinting, while watching Hackenberg work out, took him in the 2nd, which was way worse, Smith at one point was projected as the 1st pick in the draft and fell.  Hackenberg?  100,000 Penn St fans who watched everyone of his snaps fell over laughing in unison on hearing Maccagnan had just drafted him in the 2nd.

Did said vomit after bar occur on a sunny day?