Ed Oliver vs. Q. Williams

JetBlue

1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Only one game but this is why I wanted Josh Allen/Oliver.  We NEED a pass rush in the worst way and I'm sorry but Williams may turn out to be a very good player but I don't see him being that much of a pass rush threat, least of all someone you have to game plan for.  Yet Oliver was constantly having to be accounted for and was in Darnold face all day (when he wasn't dropping into coverage and making plays...)

Macc - The Gift that Keeps on Giving... 

Thoughts?  Again, I know it's early but Oliver looks like he is going to be a beast.

Ive said the same thing all along. There are just some times where positional value has to trump BPA and the 2019 draft was one of them IMO.  BPA is largely subjective and often just an unprovable opinion.  Positional value can't be denied. It's concrete.  It's there. It's far less subjective. And, there were outstanding prospects sitting right there for us: Allen, Oliver...

• Upvote 3

Hahahahaha after 1 game in which our ROOKIE played 1 quarter I believe, it’s done, low ceiling, won’t/can’t be a star; per jet nation talking jerkoffs. Threads like this make me hate contributing to this board. You guys are so miserable after a loss that you “takes” are completely insane.

Bottom line, we lost. It was ugly.

For you guys, since you guys are all pro scouts and do it for a living, to say that our rookie is a “nice dt” and fat with braces lostnout to athletic rookie, it must be true. Congrats guys! You guys did it! You guys should get a raise. Being able to tell how a rookies career will turn out based off his FIRST NFL GAME is ******* amazing! Please tell me how the lotto will turn out and really interested in Kyle Murray’s future. Please elaborate for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

Hahahahaha after 1 game in which our ROOKIE played 1 quarter I believe, it’s done, low ceiling, won’t/can’t be a star; per jet nation talking jerkoffs. Threads like this make me hate contributing to this board. You guys are so miserable after a loss that you “takes” are completely insane.

For you guys, since you guys are all pro scouts and do it for a living, to say that our rookie is a “nice dt” and fat with braces lostnout to athletic rookie, it must be true. Congrats guys! You guys did it! You guys should get a raise. Being able to tell how a rookies career will turn out based off his FIRST NFL GAME is ******* amazing! Please tell me how the lotto will turn out and really interested in Kyle Murray’s future. Please elaborate for me!

I understand, but some of us were asking for the pass rusher before the draft, knowing the teams needs.  Williams may become a very special player but to be honest, I didn't see anything that special in preseason, especially in the way of getting to the qb.   I am truly hoping I am wrong, but from what I saw of Oliver, the Bills have a player to be reckoned with and is only going to get better.  

32 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Only one game but this is why I wanted Josh Allen/Oliver.  We NEED a pass rush in the worst way and I'm sorry but Williams may turn out to be a very good player but I don't see him being that much of a pass rush threat, least of all someone you have to game plan for.  Yet Oliver was constantly having to be accounted for and was in Darnold face all day (when he wasn't dropping into coverage and making plays...)

Thoughts?  Again, I know it's early but Oliver looks like he is going to be a beast.

All in good time, all in good time. The run sets up the pass.

39 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Trade. The move was to trade down and get more picks. Then revamp this putrid OL. So sick of this team.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, NYallDay said:

No idea what you're talking about here.  My take on Oliver vs. Allen vs. QW has been consistent throughout.  Sunday's game didn't serve to change that opinion.  And a lot of the people posting in this thread are in that same category.

As for the athleticism, that stuff has been available to us for months now.  Oliver's scores charted him right up there with Aaron Donald.  QW was somewhere in the range of 80-85th percentile among DT's.  Solid, but not particularly exciting when you're taking someone at # 3 overall.  

And if you want to go full "Stats are for nerds", recall that the numbers said Jachai Polite would suck.  Where is he now?

I understand, but some of us were asking for the pass rusher before the draft, knowing the teams needs.  Williams may become a very special player but to be honest, I didn't see anything that special in preseason, especially in the way of getting to the qb.   I am truly hoping I am wrong, but from what I saw of Oliver, the Bills have a player to be reckoned with and is only going to get better.  

Yes, and I agree with you in the pass rusher stance. But don’t let that influence you to think our rookie is not going to be good/have a high ceiling, based on one game. I even wanted Ed Oliver, in all honesty, but let’s see how he plays against someone who’s not fresh out of retirement and didn’t play a single game or quarter with the remainder of the oline. The hot takes after this game are insane though. Have you seen the threads

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

The dude was making plays all over the field in his first NFL game.   It just never seems to end for us....  I am truly PRAYING that Quinnen Williams proves me wrong... 

OLB Josh Allen didn’t do shit yesterday and Oliver had two tackles, no TFL or sacks against a awful Oline. 

Cashman outplayed both of them. So **** Allen and Oliver. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

OLB Josh Allen didn’t do sh*t yesterday and Oliver had two tackles, no TFL or sacks against a awful Oline. 

Holy crapoli, you can't be serious. Did you watch the game or look at the box score? Oliver was Darnold's face all game long. 

Casman outplayed them? I really hope I'm missing sarcasm here.

7 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Holy crapoli, you can't be serious. Did you watch the game or look at the box score? Oliver was Darnold's face all game long. 

Casman outplayed them? I really hope I'm missing sarcasm here.

Pressures don’t matter remember? Otherwise Leo would be a god. Read the board. Pressures don’t matter. Only sacks. 

• Upvote 1

Where are those Quinnen Williams fans that kept insisting that he was going to roll over the opposing teams offenses??? In one game he played 3 quarters, no stats at all and he hurt himself, so much hype for the #3 pick in the first round and nothing. This team needed a pass rushing OLB not a DT to pressure the QB.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Ive said the same thing all along. There are just some times where positional value has to trump BPA and the 2019 draft was one of them IMO.  BPA is largely subjective and often just an unprovable opinion.  Positional value can't be denied. It's concrete.  It's there. It's far less subjective. And, there were outstanding prospects sitting right there for us: Allen, Oliver...

Bpa is the dumbest crap ever. There is a time for it, maybe when you have a fairly well rounded team but not when you have several glaring holes.

if my car has new tires but the alternator isnt charging, im not grabbing a new set of tires. Im taking the alternator even if its much less of value

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

OLB Josh Allen didn’t do sh*t yesterday and Oliver had two tackles, no TFL or sacks against a awful Oline. 

You obviously didn't watch the game... 

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Oliver being in Darnolds face is squarely  on Douglass for getting a C not off waivers but off a freaking couch. 

20 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You obviously didn't watch the game... 

19 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Tell that to Sam Darnold.... he seemed to think they mattered. 

Every play and recorded it. Like I said, read this board. Pressures don’t matter only sacks. Read the hatred for Leo because he only gets pressures and not enough sacks. They want to dump Leo for nothing because he can be replaced by any DL.  

25 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

Williams isn’t going to become a “special player”. He’s not particularly strong, quick or agile. Hopefully he can become an above average starter. Not his fault though, it’s Mike ******* Maccagnan’s. 

What's really aggravating is that word was there were people in the Organization who were in love with Oliver, yet they defaulted to Williams with the pick.  Watching Winovich last night made me ill as well - he looks like he's going to be a beast.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Oliver looked great but I don't think the book has been written that he's going to end up being the better pass rusher than Quinnen just yet.

He will be and it wasn't that hard too figure out before they were drafted.