Bell and Adams will be Traded this Off Season

slats

1 minute ago, slats said:

Leonard Williams was the only guy Douglas had to move by the trade deadline, as he was a free agent as soon as the season ended. Bell and Adams are under contract, Douglas can take his time moving them. No need to rush if working the phones for a couple months in the winter can get him better deals. 

Agreed

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Leonard Williams was the only guy Douglas had to move by the trade deadline, as he was a free agent as soon as the season ended. Bell and Adams are under contract, Douglas can take his time moving them. No need to rush if working the phones for a couple months in the winter can get him better deals. 

There was a 1 on the table. Should have taken it. I understand trying to get an absurd offer but I don’t see them getting something better. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

I expect Adams to be traded this offseason for a 1st round pick, with maybe a little additional compensation.

Bell is tougher to move with his contract.  Plus if the Jets really do overhaul the o-line then he may be worth keeping.

I agree that Bell is much harder to move because of his contract. Mac signed him for less than the speculation at the time, but Maccagnan still wound up bidding against himself. It'll come down to how much Douglas wants that cap room back vs. how low he's willing to go to get it. 

12 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

...Bell is tougher to move with his contract.  Plus if the Jets really do overhaul the o-line then he may be worth keeping.

I think this a a great point. Even if the Jets can upgrade to, at minimum, an “average” o-line, the productivity of Bell should increase significantly. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I agree that Bell is much harder to move because of his contract. Mac signed him for less than the speculation at the time, but Maccagnan still wound up bidding against himself. It'll come down to how much Douglas wants that cap room back vs. how low he's willing to go to get it. 

The objective is finding players good enough to spend 15 Mil on... he has one.  There's no point in trading him for anything less than a magnificent haul.

Unless you subscribe to the silly theory that it will take multiple years to fix the OL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

We need so much draft capital that it’s almost sad. And the fact that you couldn’t even get decent value for the TWO BEST PLAYERS on the roster shows you how bad that roster actually is.

How do we know what we could have gotten for Bell? 

The word is that Jets had no interest in trading Bell. (teams called them to gauge their interest) Adams is trickier depending on who you believe, but it doesn't sound like the Jets were desperate to trade Adams, either. 

All we really "know" (assuming we believe the reports) s that we could have gotten a 1st for Adams. We have no idea about Bell. 

4 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

I think this a a great point. Even if the Jets can upgrade to, at minimum, an “average” o-line, the productivity of Bell should increase significantly. 

If we are lucky and the offensive line is good next season, then the Jets will get 2 quality season from Bell before he hits the 30 year old wall for NFL running backs.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

Thinking if the OL is even marginally better, you aren't drafting a more productive back than Bell. He's a great player. There's nothing wrong with a solidRB who can catch passes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If we are lucky and the offensive line is good next season, then the Jets will get 2 quality season from Bell before he hits the 30 year old wall for NFL running backs.

And may be like Riggins a year away lengthens that window a season or 2. 

5 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

There was a 1 on the table. Should have taken it. I understand trying to get an absurd offer but I don’t see them getting something better. 

It would have been a late 1st. Fitzpatrick was traded for what will be an early pick as well as a couple extra late picks.

Like it or not, Minkah became the bar for what Jamal should go for. Adams > Fitzpatrick, so we should get more for Jamal than Miami got for Minkah

• Upvote 1