Enunwa Fined - Not Happy (MERGED)

27 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

I gotta say... overall, I am happy that the majority JetNation actually sees this the correct way and that Quincy looks foolish... I thought there would be more screw the front office idiots running on this thread...

So everyone hates Quincy Enunwa now and can ease up on Jamal Adams. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Be real... how is on the Jets... they fined a player for not showing up to scheduled and required rehab... Not sure what they are suppose to do here. Let it happen?

Too many specific details none of us are privy to, but the macro feel to all of this is narly. This isn’t a normally bad character guy who does stuff like this. There’s a bigger picture problem with this ownership/fo imo. Not like I really care but I’m bored and just stating a gut reaction to another what seems to be typical day in Jets land.  

25 minutes ago, Dcat said:

A great big thumbs down for how the Jets are running that building.  And I hope they get hammered for this.  Hell of a culture being fostered by the Douglas - Gase team.  I don't know if this is a Gase or Douglas thing.  Or even a Chris Johnson thing, but the atmosphere there must suck really bad.  WTF?  I fear that once again we have hired a pair of clueless nitwits.

I know right? God forbid someone gets in trouble for missing 2 days of work with no call. 

I mean my boss wont get on me until day 4 ?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

He didn't play long enough on this team to warrant any special treatment... give me a break... if this is Cherbet... Maybe... but the slackers and bitching going on right now in that locker room needs to go and JD has his work cut out for him.

He was probably hoping he'd get a little sympathy and leniency and is now pissed that he didn't. Whether he deserves that is debatable. He certainly could've and should've given proper notice for his lunch date, but we don't know the circumstances surrounding the rest of it. And, as far as I know, Enunwa doesn't have a history of causing trouble with the team or being lazy.

But, imo, it doesn't matter much when the decision on him playing another down for the New York Jets has probably already been made prior to this event. And, at the very least, if this is just an indication of the beginning of a no-tolerance policy on bullsh*t for this team, then I can get on board with that.

• Upvote 1

"So I decided to just skip work on two separate occasions without giving my job a heads up. I told them after the fact about my BS excuses on why I no showed (twice!). You'll never believe but after the second time I pulled that stunt I got fined !"

Sorry Quincy, no one feels sorry you were fined bc you no showed to work. Welcome to reality.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Too many specific details none of us are privy to, but the macro feel to all of this is narly. This isn’t a normally bad character guy who does stuff like this. There’s a bigger picture problem with this ownership/fo imo. Not like I really care but I’m bored and just stating a gut reaction to another what seems to be typical day in Jets land.  

I understand the hatred towards the Jets FO.... but seriously this shows that the Jets FO is cleaning up the delinquencies and showing no favoritism... I like it.... I think it shows that you have to take responsibility for your actions..

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Yeah, kinda my point that we don’t know what‘S really gone on behind the scenes but the culture most be really bad if sh*t like this happens. It’s not like anyone has ever said anything but positive things about Enunwa’s work ethic and character since he’s been in the league and prior. 

Remember last year when Trumaine Johnson went AWOL and posted a bunch of pictures on Instagram of the Brooklyn Bridge and whatnot? The culture is already bad here and this is what it looks like when you have to clean it up on the fly. The Jets do themselves no favors by not communicating with anyone on this stuff, but at least it looks like they’re serious about discipline, even when it looks queasy. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

It’s a typical polluted Jets FO inability to relate and mange their players/organization w any kind of tact. I’m sure the first he heard of the fine was reading it on the tv. I dunno maybe talk to the player first, have some tact. Create a culture players want to play for. Stop making inexcusable bad decisions like mic’ing your second year QB on the worst offense in football against the best team in football on Monday night for ESPN. They’re business IQ is below substandard. The Johnson’s are sh*t.

Seems to my Enunwa is the one making bad decisions, skipping 2 scheduled rehabs and not giving prior notice. No matter how bad the front office is, and the decision to give him another contract proves that, this is strictly on him and his decisions. Period!

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

It feels yucky

but it is his job

so...I dunno, and really who cares

He's on the payroll.  If you or I just skipped work without a prior phonecall or some explanation we'd catch hell too.  And I'm pretty sure neither of us is making 9 million dollars.  Agree the team could have handled this better, though.  Perhaps schedule a make-up treatment session and fine only if this becomes a habit?  I dunno.  

• Upvote 1

As i said before this is left over from the boles era.  Players could do whatever the hell they wanted and never get called on it.

One of the few things I like about the gase douglas grouping, no fing around.

Now we need more info on this incident but if he wanted to take his vet girl out then he should have made arrangements weeks ago.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fullblast said:

The only thing that really stands out to me as odd is the posting of fines on a large TV screen. Then again, we don't really know where in the facility this is posted. Could be some bookkeeping department or other.

Its looks like the middle of the locker room..  pretty common tactic employers utilize to promote accountability.

for most it's obviously not fines but some other metric that applies to the position.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As i said before this is left over from the boles era.  Players could do whatever the hell they wanted and never get called on it.

Now we need more info on this incident but if he wanted to take his vet girl out then he should have made arrangements weeks ago.

Rex era, then Bowles

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Remember last year when Trumaine Johnson went AWOL and posted a bunch of pictures on Instagram of the Brooklyn Bridge and whatnot? The culture is already bad here and this is what it looks like when you have to clean it up on the fly. The Jets do themselves no favors by not communicating with anyone on this stuff, but at least it looks like they’re serious about discipline, even when it looks queasy. 

Funny thing is that Jamal called this exact rotten organizational culture out last year:

“Everybody was used to losing. You can always tell that vibe. I came in, and it was like everybody wanted to do the bare minimum. They didn’t want to go above and beyond.

“They didn’t want to take that extra step. They didn’t want to be uncomfortable, [but] to be great, you have to be uncomfortable. You have to be willing to sacrifice and willing to do the little things.

“And the team, the organization, just wasn’t doing those things. It could’ve been two or three people on the team that were doing it and then the rest weren’t or vice versa.”

https://athletesinaction.org/quickhits/jamal-adams-new-york-jets-and-the-bare-minimum#.Xc4hpNVOn-g

Seems like the new regime have picked up on the same "vibe" and are trying to change it. Needs to start showing on the scoreboard though, otherwise it just looks like a circus from the outside.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It's still left over from the Rex era. Bowles just continued the legacy.

• Upvote 1

Enunwa is being ridiculous. There's no reason you can't call the team and tell them about dinner with your wife on veteran's day. That's not a surprise. The fact that your injured and you didn't know they'd care is a terrible reason. Pick up the phone and ask. The emergency might have been let to slide if he had done the 1st one. His wife being a veteran also doesn't excuse him from doing his job. 

However, this is becoming an alarming trend. Not necessarily that the Jets are holding these player accountable or demanding they do what their supposed to, but the ability of this front office to communicate seems incredibly stunted. We know that Gase doesn't talk to Williams and seems to have communication problems, but this is crazy. Even if Gase is some stunted introvert there has to be someone in the building who can have a conversation with players.

If I missed work without telling anyone, they would call me. How did that not happen? Both sides are in the wrong here, but it's stupid that the team doesn't realize they work with immature manchildren. The most disturbing part is that apparently Enuawa is so disconnected from the team that he believed they wouldn't care at all if he didn't show up. Just mind boggling. 

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

Its looks like the middle of the locker room..  pretty common tactic employers utilize to promote accountability.

for most it's obviously not fines but some other metric that applies to the position.

Looks like the sign on the wall says "football operations." Looked to me like some front office department.

3 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Looks like the sign on the wall says "football operations." Looked to me like some front office department.

think about it logically...  why the hell would joe douglas need a wall mounted flat screen to remind him of a fine?  its clearly for all the players to see.

6 minutes ago, fullblast said:

Funny thing is that Jamal called this exact rotten organizational culture out last year:

https://athletesinaction.org/quickhits/jamal-adams-new-york-jets-and-the-bare-minimum#.Xc4hpNVOn-g

Seems like the new regime have picked up on the same "vibe" and are trying to change it. Needs to start showing on the scoreboard though, otherwise it just looks like a circus from the outside.

How savvy of Jamal Adams, a man who’s never won a ******* thing in his life and is almost single-handedly responsible for losing to the Dolphins. 

Just now, T0mShane said:

How savvy of Jamal Adams, a man who’s never won a ******* thing in his life and is almost single-handedly responsible for losing to the Dolphins. 

wrong thread, pork chop.  plenty to complain about with Quincy.. no need to excrete your nonsensical talking points about jamallpro.

• Upvote 1