Enunwa Fined - Not Happy (MERGED)

37 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

NFL careers are really short. They need to stretch that money over many years. Q's career might be over. 

My point is just that it's not a good comparison.

If he cant stretch 9 million a year for the rest of his life, then he has bigger problems than being fined lol

My point is, I dont feel bad for him

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

The amount of people pocket watching on here is disgusting also.  All I see is people talking about he's making millions blah blah blah.  So the hell what?  What does that have to do with it?  That's a contract that was signed by both parties and have nothing to do with the situation.  

It has to do with it because the reason he was fined that much is because of the massive amount of money he is currently being paid to do nothing more than show up for rehab.  He didn't bother to show up for that one thing he's currently being paid to do, and then proceeded to whine that he wouldn't still get paid his full salary despite doing literally nothing.  This fine is directly related to his violation of that contract, so it is 100% completely relevant to the situation.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

If he cant stretch 9 million a year for the rest of his life, then he has bigger problems than being fined lol

My point is, I dont feel bad for him

a lot of these guys go broke because they can't. After taxes and the agent cut the figure is much smaller, but you're right they should be able to manage.

according to this article, Revis was paying 46.7% effective tax rate when he played in NY. 

https://smartasset.com/taxes/nfl-jock-taxes

Then you have to consider between 4-10% to the agent.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

I have no evidence to support, but probably goes back further to Rex.  Suspect Mangini tried to change the culture back to Parcells era post-Herm and Woody listened to the locker room helping to force Mangini out.  This flush out needs to happen...

I think it does but Rex was attempting to establish a different type of tough guy culture. Not sure what Bowles / Mac goal was

I like when he says they “want me to do rehab” and then play for them “if” rehab works?

wtf! Duh!

the more i visit this thread the more i dislike him. My gut is telling me he  didnt even call it in.

entitled millennials. Worst generation ever! Who will buy my properties in 25 years?

• Upvote 1

Why not retire if you don't feel you have to show up to rehab appointments, Q?  Oh, right, because then you'd sacrifice a big chunk of the money the Jets are paying you.  

He comes off as a whiny b*tch here.  I had sympathy for him for the injuries.  This removed any good will I had for him.  

Sure, the Jets suck, and there might be better ways to go about this stuff.  But this is also football, and this has been a soft locker room for a long time.  

• Upvote 3

Your wife is a VETERAN, you should have spoke the team in advance about reworking the schedule.  Also, the day is 24 hours long, you could have done this at any other time of the day?

Taking this to the public was also a stupid move.  BE angry, work it out with the team of the NFLPA but why bring more negativity to the the team.  

Retire.  Good riddance.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

a lot of these guys go broke because they can't. After taxes and the agent cut the figure is much smaller, but you're right they should be able to manage.

according to this article, Revis was paying 46.7% effective tax rate when he played in NY. 

https://smartasset.com/taxes/nfl-jock-taxes

Then you have to consider between 4-10% to the agent.

We all paid when Mevi$ was here.

16 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

WTF?

First, man, he is under contract...to do a F*CKING job....for MILLIONS of DOLLARS.  I'm a VETERAN (BS that he capitalized it) and I was at work VETERANS day at a MILITARY hospital.  Grow a pair dude...VETERANS understand we need to do sh*t we don't want to do, on days we don't want to do it.

We all need to 'handle emergencies' in our house...and most of us would let our EMPLOYER know as it was happening and not 'after the fact'.

I call BS on the VETERANS excuse, and BS again on the next.

Don't cry me a river about you being injured twice in your 'career' and criticizing your employer who has guaranteed you millions of $ for holding to a defined rehab plan.

Go work somewhere else.

Geez.

No. Real veterans are all about a lack of discipline, lack of respecting the chain of command, and being awol. The military is famous for being understanding along these lines. FFS even Quincy Enunwa knows this. ;) 

1 hour ago, Barkus said:

Dude is being paid millions to do nothing and he is complaining?!?!

blink 182 wtf GIF

Dude is getting paid millions to put his body on the line. His injury history/major surgeries which is the result of his job attest to that. 

Imagine working as a caretaker for the sick and you end up getting a cold and needing to take some days off yourself. 

Imagine someone making a comment that you're getting paid to do nothing. 

You don't think that he'll be spending some those millions on hospital and medical expenses? Furthermore, the players are the ones who generate the revenue, as the content creators. When's the last time a Jets fan purchased tickets with the sole purpose to sit in the same stadium as the front office and owner? 

I've read a few comments that were in disagreement with QE and valid points were made. This however wasnt one of them. 

He gets paid millions to do a job the overwhelming majority of people in the world cant do at that level, while putting his body on the line...literally shaving years off of his life in terms of physical, maybe even mental wellness...while watching folks who'd call out sick with a cold (or just to have a day off) talk about how he's getting paid to do nothing.

I have yet to hear anyone suffer a major neck injury typing up a document in their cubicle. Maybe carpal tunnel

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude is getting paid millions to put his body on the line. His injury history/major surgeries which is the result of his job attest to that. 

Imagine working as a caretaker for the sick and you end up getting a cold and needing to take some days off yourself. 

You don't think that he'll be spending some those millions on hospital and medical expenses? Furthermore, the players are the ones who generate the revenue. When's the last time a Jets fan purchased tickets with the sole purpose to sit in the same stadium as the front office and owner? 

I've read a few comments that were in disagreement with QE and valid points were made. This however wasnt one of them. 

He gets paid millions to do a job most people in the world cant do at that level, while putting his body on the line...literally shaving years off of his life in terms of physical fitness...while watching folks who'd call out sick with a cold (or just to have a day off) talk about how he's getting paid to do nothing.

I have yet to hear anyone suffer a major neck injury typing up a document in their cubicle. Maybe carpal tunnel

Athletes are nothing special in this regard, TONS of people put their health on the line making a fraction of what these guys make.

On top of that most people do not have any where near the medical support these guys get.  I am getting sick of this narrative.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Athletes are nothing special in this regard, TONS of people put their health on the line making a fraction of what these guys make.

On top of that most people do not have any where near the medical support these guys get.  I am getting sick of this narrative.

Exactly.  What about the people fighting for our country, firemen, police etc.   These people are actually putting their life on the line for a fraction of what Enunwa makes.   It’s a poor argument, lots of people put their body on the line for work.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Athletes are nothing special to the TONS who do the same, which isnt the overwhelming majority of critic's on sports forums. There arent many jobs that can paralyze you or end your life at worst, or at best have you retiring in your 30's because your body is simply done.

Im getting sick of this narrative from folks who look at what players gross and think that's all that matters given that they're personally making less than a fraction. When they themselves put in less than a fraction of effort in regards to their profession in comparison...while being able to see their wives and children every day after work. So many people compare yet they put in less time for their check and get the benefit of an actual personal life.

99% of people who criticize to such a degree never dedicated themselves like those in that very small "TONS" category.

"TONS"...in comparison to what? 

34 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You don't think that he'll be spending some those millions on hospital and medical expenses? Furthermore, the players are the ones who generate the revenue, as the content creators. When's the last time a Jets fan purchased tickets with the sole purpose to sit in the same stadium as the front office and owner? 

He gets paid millions to do a job the overwhelming majority of people in the world cant do at that level, while putting his body on the line...literally shaving years off of his life in terms of physical, maybe even mental wellness...while watching folks who'd call out sick with a cold (or just to have a day off) talk about how he's getting paid to do nothing.

How about this, Quincy can retire anytime he wants and walk off into the sunset and do whatever he wants with his life. If he wants to continue to get paid millions then he should show up to his rehab or at least show responsibility and be properly excused.

18 minutes ago, Barkus said:

How about this, Quincy can retire anytime he wants and walk off into the sunset and do whatever he wants with his life. If he wants to continue to get paid millions then he should show up to his rehab or at least show responsibility and be properly excused.

This is better than a lame gif and silly comment to accompany.

41 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Right but don't those people call in sick?  If they don't then they are AWOL and face disciplinary action.  In the NFL the disciplinary action are fines.  He didn't inform the team that he would not be in for work/rehab.  The penalty given to him is within the rules that he was already aware of.  He figured it wasn't a big deal and he wouldn't be fined.  That's where the mistake began and the rest is more negative attention around the team.   

40 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

All he had to do is keep the appointment the way he was suppose to. The rest is crap dude. I can’t do his job so I should be ok with him skipping an appointment? I can’t get a job dancing in a strip club either.  I’d still be pissed if my favorite dancer didn’t show up

• Upvote 2