Enunwa Fined - Not Happy (MERGED)

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell you took of on a tangent ! LOL

I mean wtf...  I've wanted a new car for about 2 years but I'm being patient and working hard so I can drop a huge down payment when it's time.  This resorting to the twatter and whining about what amounts to about $100 fine is straight bullsh-t..  I've spent more than $100 on a Tuesday night at Red Lobster.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Screenshot_20191114-212836.thumb.png.0feec2271c6246f842c5f417f485159a.pngThis tweet alone dismantles any sympathy I ALMOST had for him.

"Yeah I told them about it after and I was wrong, but I shouldn't be fined".

Nah.

His VETERAN wife needed lunch and his dog probably sh*t on the carpet for excuse number 2. How could he ever forsee something like that and reschedule a rehab appointment all at the same time. 

Screw him....he's been robbing the Jets for over 5 years now. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I mean wtf...  I've wanted a new car for about 2 years but I'm being patient and working hard so I can drop a huge down payment when it's time.  This resorting to the twatter and whining about what amounts to about $100 fine is straight bullsh-t..  I've spent more than $100 on a Tuesday night at Red Lobster.

I'll go through a hundred bucks in shots at the Bayside...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I’ve spent the cost of a new car at Red Lobster before. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’d agree based on different circumstances with maybe a different lower character player. I get it’s the NFL and cut throat but there’s ownership that does it the right way and the wrong way and the Jets always seem to do it the wrong way, hence it seems to go public a lot more w this team. 

Jets stood by Enunwa after his DV suspension...they've given him some rope it seems.

• Upvote 2

Just now, HessStation said:

Pretty sure it happens with most teams, whereas things like this tend not to go public. It’s always mismanaged w the Jets FO. It’s not about supporting the player, it’s how the organization seems to lack any tact on how they deal with internal issues. Is talking to player the right conduct? I dunno. Making sure you don’t have a respected high character player on IR so irate he’s taking to Twitter is most definitely a cultural issue within the Jets organization. I have no doubt bout that

So now the NYJ have to make sure their 'high character players' (none of whom would ever do what he did) don't tweet about it after being butt hurt about being called on their non-compliance with their contract?

Who made it public?  Maybe Q could just realize he was wrong and just pay the fine and be done with it?

Nah.

It ain't cultural to the NYJ...it may be cultural in general.  But successful organizations make an example of it and try to stem future 'issues'.

Used to be you had a contract for work and you upheld it or faced consequences...now? Not so much.  Everyone has an 'excuse'.  But the 'my wife is a veteran' is particularly weak.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Holy hell you took of on a tangent ! LOL

LOL.  Crusher.  Pac is spot on.  I have been working since i am 13 years old.  I am ancient to most here at 49.  He will make more money in one year than I will make in my lifetime.  Just get your butt to work Q. Q has no idea what its like.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Just had a conversation with a friend of mine who is a salesman at a car dealer, he says don't buy the new car anymore let someone else buy it and pay the high price you buy it pre-owned and never pay for the depreciation. Cars that sold brand new for $50k 2-3 years old low miles going for $35k-$38k or he says keep your money in the bank and lease every 2-3 years you drive a new car never putting on tires or brakes or paying for any repairs. 

It does feel yucky but at the same time, different.  Obviously JD thinks it sets a bad precedent if you just don’t show up to work and have no consequences.  Maybe it’s what’s been missing.  I dunno.

But with this Enunwa stuff and KO players are getting pissed off, maybe that’s good. Everybody has to be accountable and all in.  Enunwa says it feels punitive and I think that’s because it’s supposed to be.  It sounds like he didn’t communicate that he was just going to miss work. I get your wife’s a veteran but I still go to work on my wife’s birthday and stuff. Or at least coordinate with work to do things like that. 

the more I think about it the more I’m ok with what JD did here. I don’t care much but maybe this is part of fixing a losing excuse filled culture. Enunwa was all in his feelings- too bad, DO YOUR JOB.  And hell no, Belichick would’ve done the same thing; no one would even ever try this on the Pats because they’d know it’s be unacceptable behavior. BB fined his stars for being 10 mins late in a blizzard.

Shake it up JD, what’s there to lose- We’ve already lost all the games.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

This is now several instances of something like this. 

This leaves a VERY sour taste in my mouth as a fan. 

A great big thumbs down for how the Jets are running that building.  And I hope they get hammered for this.  Hell of a culture being fostered by the Douglas - Gase team.  I don't know if this is a Gase or Douglas thing.  Or even a Chris Johnson thing, but the atmosphere there must suck really bad.  WTF?  I fear that once again we have hired a pair of clueless nitwits.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

There’s been a reference to Kohl’s and Red Lobster on this board in the same day.  Quick, someone mention the Quality Inn and we’ll have hit the White Trash Food, Clothing, Shelter Trifecta!

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Just had a conversation with a friend of mine who is a salesman at a car dealer, he says don't buy the new car anymore let someone else buy it and pay the high price you buy it pre-owned and never pay for the depreciation. Cars that sold brand new for $50k 2-3 years old low miles going for $35k-$38k or he says keep your money in the bank and lease every 2-3 years you drive a new car never putting on tires or brakes or paying for any repairs. 

oh when I say "new car" I mean like a 2017 lol..  I used to sell cars a long time ago..  it sucked.  F those guys..  I'll shop until I get what I know is a good deal.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

If the NY Jets are paying QE and for his healthcare he needs to be where he's scheduled to be. 

QE will never see the field again in a NY Jets uniform. 

Mac signing Min Q to an extension last December was a big mistake. Could of had Donte Moncrief last off-season for a much better contract, and he's more productive. 

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

There’s been a reference to Kohl’s and Red Lobster on this board in the same day.  Quick, someone mention the Quality Inn and we’ll have hit the White Trash Food, Clothing, Shelter Trifecta!

Kohl's is not a white trash store at the least one where I live near and go to isn't. 

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So says the guy who's eaten from the buffet at your local strip joint.  You don't deserve Red Lobster.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

oh when I say "new car" I mean like a 2017 lol..  I used to sell cars a long time ago..  it sucked.  F those guys..  I'll shop until I get what I know is a good deal.

I lease my daughter a new car while her and I catch up on student loans and her lease is up soon on her 2017 VW Jetta not looking forward to dealing with any car dealer. Any tips on getting a better deal on a lease looking for no money down options, she wants an SUV type this time maybe maybe a Nissan Rogue or Jeep Compass. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I lease my daughter a new car while her and I catch up on student loans and her lease is up soon on her 2017 VW Jetta not looking forward to dealing with any car dealer. Any tips on getting a better deal on a lease looking for no money down options, she wants an SUV type this time maybe maybe a Nissan Rogue or Jeep Compass. 

Why not get a used car and pay off student loans or is the plan to hope Bernie gets rid of it?

So to recap, Enunwa is still getting paid to not play, is whining that he shouldn't have to even show up for physical rehab when he's getting paid to not play, and sees no issue with the fact that he simply no-showed and didn't tell the team?  I'll concede the team is starting to get themselves a bit too much bad publicity these days, but it's a joke how full of crap he is trying to sell himself as some poor innocent victim here.

He's getting paid millions to do nothing but work out these days, and yet he's so aghast that he's getting a little less specifically because he can't even be bothered to do that one thing?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You’d be better off asking him how to get comped for a free appetizer at Red Lobster by faking a seafood allergy. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

It's difficult with leases because a lot of times the terms are dictated by the car maker.  The best advice I can give you is if you hear something you don't like stand up, extend your hand to shake the guys hand, and say "Im looking for better than that but thanks for your time".  You have to MEAN it though..  if they sense you're legit they will say whoa whoa and go "talk to their manager" to see if they can do better.

I did it a few years ago when I got my current car and I wound up getting an extra $1,000 on my trade in.

You have to tell yourself you're walking if you don't get what you want and follow through.

• Upvote 3

Not going to comment on the emergency but telling someone you’re taking your wife out to lunch beforehand shouldn’t be too difficult. I give a heads up to my supervisor anytime something comes up  so if I can do it I’m sure Quincy can too.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Welp said:

Not going to comment on the emergency but telling someone you’re taking your wife out to lunch beforehand shouldn’t be too difficult. I give a heads up to my supervisor anytime something comes up  so if I can do it I’m sure Quincy can too.

Just being responsible for what you have going on. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I wonder if someone actually confronted Quincy about this face to face or if he found out about it with that notice. I also wonder if some of this is a message to CJ Mosley, who doesn’t appear to be in any rush to get back on the field after signing that huge deal

Yeah, kinda my point that we don’t know what‘S really gone on behind the scenes but the culture most be really bad if sh*t like this happens. It’s not like anyone has ever said anything but positive things about Enunwa’s work ethic and character since he’s been in the league and prior. 

• Upvote 1