Jets - Ravens

THE BARON

21 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Lets play Cincy on Sunday and then move on to playing the Dolphins. 

All this Raven and playoff talk/scenarios feed right into the stereotypical Jet fans who get a few wins and then think skies the limit. 

who gives a crap about not feeding into what you think is a stereotypical jets fan? we'll be fans how we want to be fans. The Ravens game is coming up in a few weeks and is an interesting match up for some people to discuss. Don't like it ... don't read it. ?‍♂️

30 minutes ago, JTJet said:

50% yes it is the same team. We may very well hang up 34 again on offense but...

Its virtually our exact same defense with the exception of a post leo trade, different corner starting, and on our 36th string inside linebacker.

If that early year D let up 23 to the Browns, what do you think Lamar is going to hang on us? 67? 

WTF does that mean? 

Virtually exactly the same defense?  Two different CBs now starting that werent on the team.  Williams traded and new starters in there on the DL.  New outside linebacker who was suspended at the time.   New inside Linebacker that wasnt on the team at the time.

On offense the whole line has been shuffled and changed.  Griffin wasnt much of a factor in the early season.  WR D Thomas wasnt on the team.  Jacobs was on the practice squad, not playing.  Oh and our QB was out with mono!!

Other than than , they are no different???  Honestly I think you need to rethink your statement.

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Yes, I know... Two games ahead of the Jets-Ravens match-up, but I'm intrigued...

I'm thinking...  Along with disciplined gap control, funneling corners and a spy on L.J. I *REALLY* want to see the Jets defense "Bring The Wood"

I suggest inspirational and instructional film viewing for the entire defense.

The best highlights of:

D-Line: Charles Martin, Ndamukong Suh, Lyle Alzado

LB's: Bill Romanowsky, Vontaze Burfict, James Harrison, Jack Lambert

S. : Chuck Cecil, Jack Tatum

CB: Dick Lane, Ronnie Lot

I think that exercise would be beneficial....

Motivational videos are fine, but they need more than anything is a GAMEPLAN. I personally believe it should go something like this:

1) The Jets MUST set the edge. I see a LOT of big plays coming from Jackson and others when the Ravens OL deals the edge. The Jets must absolutely not allow that to happen. Containing Lamar Jackson is the tallest order of business IMO.

2) The Jets must get consistent penetration. The Ravens run the ball exceptionally well. They formulated a whole bunch of plays utilizing "trickery". They execute so well when they use play action and option routes; wishbone plays. That's what they do the best. The best way for the Jets to disrupt or shut down those plays is to get penetration consistently. That penetration won't allow them to execute those plays properly.

3) The game plan should be to stop the run from Ingram and keep Jackson contained in the pocket. GW should be challenging Lamar Jackson to win the game by being a 100%, prototypical pocket passer. Let's see if Jackson can truly read secondary coverages. My money says he will be very ordinary if he's forced to utilize an almost 100% passing game.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Prez Mal is going to be key for us in this one. He'll likely get a lot of "spy" duty when we go man and will be critical in slowing down their powerful rushing attack. Could be an epic battle.

If he can stop LJ then we should never trade him.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DJF71 said:

If he can stop LJ then we should never trade him.  

I doubt he stops him but he can definitely help slow him down. LJ is a beast but it's not just him that makes that Ravens offense dangerous. They're a punch you in the mouth downhill rush attack that just overpowers a lot of teams. Part of slowing down LJ is slowing down the entire rush attack so all the counter action and play action stuff that plays off of it is less effective.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The jets do not match up well, we will get killed.

They have a RB that can catch

They have two TEs that can catch

We have not seen anyone like Lamar jackson

Jets have proven they can stuff traditional running games, but Lamar is a whole different deal.  He's got F-1 caliber acceleration and is gone before you know what hit you.  Jets cannot let him routinely escape when they put pressure on him in the passing game.  Tough task.

• Upvote 1

I have real concerns about the Bengals. Veteran QBs have a tendency to pick the Jets apart, regardless of talent.

Carr is a veteran QB and he was destroyed. Dalton is slightly worse than Carr. Jets need to not be the Jets and beat the Bengals.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dalton has faced the Jets twice in the regular season, once in 2013 when Rex Ryan was the head coach and Dennis Thurman was the DC and week 1 of 2016 when Todd Bowles was the HC and Kacy Rogers was the DC.

Not a single player or coach from the 2013 defense is on the team today. Jordan Jenkins and Daryl Roberts are the only defensive players from the 2016 roster on the team today and not a single defensive coach from that team are still around. That's not even getting into the players and coaches from the 2013 & 2016 Bengals.

None of what he has done in two games against these past Jets teams has any impact on what Andy Dalton is going to do against the 2019 Jets this Sunday.

"Andy Dalton has murdered the Jets" is stupid.

Thanks for digging that up and the logic lesson.

The Eagles teams between 1973 and 2019 have little or nothing to do with each other also.   And yet the Iggles are 11-0 all time against the Jets.

1 hour ago, DJF71 said:

Carr is a veteran QB and he was destroyed. Dalton is slightly worse than Carr. Jets need to not be the Jets and beat the Bengals.

On the flip side, Mayfield and Gardner Minshew chopped us up.

37 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Thanks for digging that up and the logic lesson.

The Eagles teams between 1973 and 2019 have little or nothing to do with each other also.   And yet the Iggles are 11-0 all time against the Jets.

You mean Marvin Jones and Geno Smith aren't going to cost us this one? 

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I was being sarcastic. Fans are always allowed to project and look ahead. People talking about fans not looking past opponents are silly IMO. It doesn't matter if we look ahead. That's what fans do. Us "focusing" on the Bengals makes no difference.

The fans that give themselves a green light to look past the Bengals and daydream about battling the Ravens are the very same ones who will act in an irrational frenzy when the Bengals string together their 1st win of the season at our expense. 

3 1/2 pt favorites lose outright every week in the NFL. We’re not an established winning machine - we should feel good about beating the Bengals. And we should (being fans with no direct impact) brace for a ******* loss too. 

57 minutes ago, sackdance said:

The fans that give themselves a green light to look past the Bengals and daydream about battling the Ravens are the very same ones who will act in an irrational frenzy when the Bengals string together their 1st win of the season at our expense. 

3 1/2 pt favorites lose outright every week in the NFL. We’re not an established winning machine - we should feel good about beating the Bengals. And we should (being fans with no direct impact) brace for a ******* loss too. 

give themselves the greenlight? tf?

Talking about the Ravens game in no way means I assume the Jets beat the Bengals. I don't think I've seen anyone suggesting we're an established winning machine - I know I sure haven't. Obviously the Bengals can kick our asses just like the Dolphins did.  If they do I'm probably going to flip ish, regardless of whether I talk about future games. 

I thank you for telling us we should brace ourselves for a loss. You don't look past the bengals, fans need to take it one game at a time guys make me cringe the F out. Jesus Christ.

imma talk about the Ravens game and the Bills game and the playoff possibilities. Is that OK with you? You have any more advice for how I need to approach the Jets season as a fan? Go brace yourself bud.

Have a happy Thanksgiving. Go Jets.

Jets - Ravens...

I'll deal with the Jets vs Bengals 1st... then the Dolphins 2nd... then the Ravens 3rd... then the Steelers 4th... then the Bills 5th... that's it... Hopefully they will go undefeated in that time span & can make the playoffs... But I'll just take it 1 game at a time.

13 hours ago, MaxAF said:

I’d like to see a good game but realistically the Ravens are “today” the best team in football. 
They beat the Patriots pretty easily. Pounded the Rams, who are    having some issues but still are a very good team. And then there’s the Harbaugh factor. 
I don’t see this ending well for the Jets but on any given day. Go Jets.

The Rams aren't good. They are 6 and 5 and are headed to a best case of 8 and 8.

The only reason I’m not looking to far ahead is to avoid getting my hopes up for no reason. We can do whatever we want because we are not on the team, therefore we have no effect on the Jets, but this fan base is so up and down that it might do us all some good to take it week by week and just enjoy the moment. 

With that said, I don’t know what weaknesses the Ravens have and I’d love to beat them, but at this point, I’d take a close game.