What was your 3 favorite and least favorite Jets moments of 2019?

Could be in-game, draft, FA, etc.

Lets try to keep the positives as genuine positives.

(in no particular order)

Positives:

1. Of all the training camps I went to over the years, one of the practices was hands down my favorite.  I was able to get a picture with Sam, and autographs from Sam, Jamal, Jamison, Le'Veon, Gregg Mosley, and many others all in a single day.  I have gotten lucky with autographs from players over the years, but the quality of players in one year, let alone one day - and getting the pic with Sam on top of it was one of my favorite Jets summer moments ever.

2.  The Jamal Adams "Gimme that!" strip fumble TD run.  Jamal is one of my favorite players on this team, not just current, but ever. and that was such an awesome play to see.

3.  Tie between beating Pittsburgh, and Dallas.  I hate both teams, but living in Pennsylvania where Steelers are more arrogant than even the worst pats' fans on Sundays was such a great feeling.  Listening to all the **** talk for both of these games all week, to just being able to come in, not having to talk, watching coworkers and friends sink their heads so low, while just waving hi, with sinister smirk was a nice bit of revenge.  Adding the fact that the Jets victories basically took both these teams out of the playoffs was even more satisfying.

Negatives:

1.  The Patriots game at home.  Actually being at the game made it even worse.  I always wanted to see Brady play in person before he retired, but I also wanted to see a competitive game.  Oof.

2.  The Jamal Adams drama.  This was blown way out of proportion on both sides, and with the losing slump, injuries piling up, this was the straw that broke the camels back.

3.  Sam getting Mono.  Would it have made any difference?  Who knows, but this was the start of such a downward spiral in what most felt was going to be a promising season of growth.  If that didn't take the wind out of everyone's sails, I don't know what did.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Positive:
1) Gase snorting salt. When you think you’ve seen it all, the Jets come through with a surprise

2) Jamal’s sack, tackle, force fumble, fumble recovery, TD all in one play against the Giants

3) Jamal’s goal line tackle against the Cowboys

Negative:

1) Mosley going down and then watching Buffalo steal that game

2) Darnold catching mono

3) Darnold seeing ghost comment

• Upvote 3

Good:

1- The Raiders beatdown. Complete game in all phases. 

2- Adams' gimmie-that TD against the Giants 

3- Sam slinging it vs. the Cowboys 

Bad:

1- Mono

2- Mosely going out for the whole season.

3- this o-line. All could have been avoided by dumping Macc earlier, but here we are. 

• Upvote 1

Positives:

1.) Darnold’s 93 yard TD

2.) Darnold’s 2 point conversion to L Bell after stumbling as he was avoiding the rush. 

3.) The surprising play of the Defense at all levels.

Negatives:

1.) Having our coach lose to two winless teams.

2.) L Bell not having a good year

3.) MNF (New England Game)

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Positives:

1.) Darnold’s 93 yard TD

2.) Darnold’s 2 point conversion to L Bell after stumbling as he was avoiding the rush. 

3.) The surprising play of the Defense at all levels.

Negatives:

1.) Having our coach lose to two winless teams.

2.) L Bell not having a good year

3.) MNF (New England Game)

92 Yard’er?

Lowlights:

• The offensive line and what it did to stunt the growth of Sam Darnold and lead Le'Veon Bell to his worst season of his career.  It's like we had a new Tesla (Darnold) and bought a great but vintage Ferrari (Bell).....and then parked them both on the street outside our cheap apartment in Jersey City every night because we couldn't afford a big house with a garage in the suburbs.
  • The Buffalo kick in the balls during Week 1.  Up 16-0, Mosley gets hurt, Buffalo's D steps up, the Jets miss a FG and XP only to lose by one point preventing them from being .500 for the year and sweeping Buffalo this season.
  • The New England game.  Enough said.

Highlights:

• Beating 4 of the NFL's supposed "premiere" franchises who have "national followings" in the Giants, Raiders, Cowboys and Steelers.  In any other year except a disjointed 7-9 season those four victories would feel monumental.
  • Jamal Adams showing that he's a difference maker and getting recognized as an All Pro for it.  Whether you want to keep Jamal longterm or trade him, it's a big positive to see him recognized this way on the national level and become the Jets first All Pro since Revis.
  • Resilience.  I don't know if Gase is the right guy or not, but the way the Jets finished the season felt good.  It's certainly better to start 1-7 and then go 6-2 than to start 6-2 and finish 1-7.  Give Gregg Williams big credit for this too.  His unit showed up week in and week out.  The whole team continued to perform and never packed it in when they were 1-7.  That indicates a positive locker room and improved culture (no more Wilkersons around here).
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

92 Yard’er?

92, 93, 99 

who cares *shrugs* LONGEST PASS PLAY ON JET HISTORY BABY.

no but seriously, the 2-point conversion was actually sweeter. It reminded me of the Buffalo play where he turned field completely and fired into the end zone, in fact, this more recent one was also against Buffalo. He hit L Bell on a perfectly accurate lob after doing all the dramatics outside of the pocket.

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Could be in-game, draft, FA, etc.

Lets try to keep the positives as genuine positives.

(in no particular order)

Positives:

1. Of all the training camps I went to over the years, one of the practices was hands down my favorite.  I was able to get a picture with Sam, and autographs from Sam, Jamal, Jamison, Le'Veon, Gregg Mosley, and many others all in a single day.  I have gotten lucky with autographs from players over the years, but the quality of players in one year, let alone one day - and getting the pic with Sam on top of it was one of my favorite Jets summer moments ever.

2.  The Jamal Adams "Gimme that!" strip fumble TD run.  Jamal is one of my favorite players on this team, not just current, but ever. and that was such an awesome play to see.

3.  Tie between beating Pittsburgh, and Dallas.  I hate both teams, but living in Pennsylvania where Steelers are more arrogant than even the worst pats' fans on Sundays was such a great feeling.  Listening to all the **** talk for both of these games all week, to just being able to come in, not having to talk, watching coworkers and friends sink their heads so low, while just waving hi, with sinister smirk was a nice bit of revenge.  Adding the fact that the Jets victories basically took both these teams out of the playoffs was even more satisfying.

Negatives:

1.  The Patriots game at home.  Actually being at the game made it even worse.  I always wanted to see Brady play in person before he retired, but I also wanted to see a competitive game.  Oof.

2.  The Jamal Adams drama.  This was blown way out of proportion on both sides, and with the losing slump, injuries piling up, this was the straw that broke the camels back.

3.  Sam getting Mono.  Would it have made any difference?  Who knows, but this was the start of such a downward spiral in what most felt was going to be a promising season of growth.  If that didn't take the wind out of everyone's sails, I don't know what did.

I was at that practice and remember seeing you, because you said you had that green f@#$ the Patriots shirt on I believe?  And same here:  I was there with my son and he got so many autographs!  He brought his Jets helmet and got Sam and Jamal, who we thought were the really cool signatures, and another that, at the time, seemed like nothing, but is now one of his favorite players:  Burgess!  LOL  funny how things work out! we were waiting for Sam, and Burgess just comes up to him and says: want my autograph?"  I mean we really didn't know who this guy was, but my son politely feigned excitement (guess it's that great parenting!) and now he's so thrilled to have it!  makes for a great story.

My son calls it the "holy helmet" now and wants to bring it again next year for hopefully some more autographs!  It was  a great day!

• Sympathy 1

3 least favorite is easy.  I went to three games this year.  All bad losses.  Brutal

1. Home to Buffalo
  2. At Philly
  3. At Miami 

Since the question is 2019 -- the year and not the season, favorites would be:

1. Hiring Douglas/Firing Macc
  2. Beating the Giants
  3. Sam's 4TD game agaisnst the Skins.
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Resilience.  I don't know if Gase is the right guy or not, but the way the Jets finished the season felt good.  It's certainly better to start 1-7 and then go 6-2 than to start 6-2 and finish 1-7.  Give Gregg Williams big credit for this too.  His unit showed up week in and week out.  The whole team continued to perform and never packed it in when they were 1-7.  That indicates a positive locker room and improved culture (no more Wilkersons around here).

See, idk why guys say this. I understand 6-2 feels good but I didn’t enjoy barely beating Steelers back up QB’s, I didn’t enjoy winning 13-7 or whatever it was. I didn’t enjoy barely beating Buffalo’s back ups and I didn’t enjoy seeing Darnold look underwhelming in the finale. I see we got the W’s but I’m really not encouraged HOW we got the W’s.

5 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I was at that practice and remember seeing you, because you said you had that green f@#$ the Patriots shirt on I believe?  And same here:  I was there with my son and he got so many autographs!  He brought his Jets helmet and got Sam and Jamal, who we thought were the really cool signatures, and another that, at the time, seemed like nothing, but is now one of his favorite players:  Burgess!  LOL  funny how things work out! we were waiting for Sam, and Burgess just comes up to him and says: want my autograph?"  I mean we really didn't know who this guy was, but my son politely feigned excitement (guess it's that great parenting!) and now he's so thrilled to have it!  makes for a great story.

My son calls it the "holy helmet" now and wants to bring it again next year for hopefully some more autographs!  It was  a great day!

Haha, yes that was me!

I wear the shirt to each practice!  My parents actually found me a new one that I got for Xmas this year as well.  I don't know if I can ever NOT wear the original though.  Just gotta make sure I keep losing weight so it continues to fit!

8 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

See, idk why guys say this. I understand 6-2 feels good but I didn’t enjoy barely beating Steelers back up QB’s, I didn’t enjoy winning 13-7 or whatever it was. I didn’t enjoy barely beating Buffalo’s back ups and I didn’t enjoy seeing Darnold look underwhelming in the finale. I see we got the W’s but I’m really not encouraged HOW we got the W’s.

Even with backups Buffalo was fielding players as good or better than the Jets have except for a couple key spots like QB.  Pittsburgh was playing for a playoff spot, etc.  Wins are hard to get in this league, a W is a W.  I'm not talking as much about the quality of the wins, the Jets level of play, etc. as much as I am about the effort, the focus and a Jets team that was trying to win and not mailing it in down the stretch like the Browns, Panthers, Lions, Redskins, etc. who all finished the year with 3+ straight losses.  Trust me, I want quality wins too.....but if we're not proud of close, "should have been a win" games like Buffalo in Week 1 then we shouldn't put down close, "could have been a loss" victories like we had to close the season.  JMHO.

• Upvote 1

Highlights:

1.  Cowboys upset (still thought they were good; maybe we have a chance?)

2.  Steelers upset (nice to screw them over for a change)

3.  Adams hot streak (6 sacks in three games; maybe this guy is as good as he thinks he is?)

Lowlights:

1.  Mosely Injury (after showing us what he could be for three quarters of one game).

2.  Gase's mono announcement (are you frikkin' kidding me?)

3.  Falk starts (I guess the season is really over.)

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I usually agree with you on almost everything, but I could not disagree more.  a win is a win is a win!  it's contagious:  as they say winning breeds winning.  we lost to Buffalo by 1 and got destroyed by the Pats - but they both count as losses.  The Jets kept three teams out of the playoffs:  Steelers, Raiders and Cowboys.  sure, you can argue the first two, but no doubt about the boys!  and at the time, Raiders and Steelers were the #6 seed when they played the Jets.  

I agree with Darnold.  I felt better last year at this time even though we lost at the end, but Sam looked great vs winning at the end this year because of defense.  But man, he just has absolutely NOTHING to work with.  Hoping Douglas shores up that line and Sam should be fine.  

But yeah - never discount a win, man!  I don't care if we had an "easy" schedule - when we were 1-7, most pundits had the Jets as the worst team in football, therefore beating ANYBODY is a great thing!  and beating backups?  The Jets went on the field with a 3rd string team at best, so no apologies!!

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

I usually agree with you on almost everything, but I could not disagree more.  a win is a win is a win!  it's contagious:  as they say winning breeds winning.  we lost to Buffalo by 1 and got destroyed by the Pats - but they both count as losses.  The Jets kept three teams out of the playoffs:  Steelers, Raiders and Cowboys.  sure, you can argue the first two, but no doubt about the boys!  and at the time, Raiders and Steelers were the #6 seed when they played the Jets.  

I agree with Darnold.  I felt better last year at this time even though we lost at the end, but Sam looked great vs winning at the end this year because of defense.  But man, he just has absolutely NOTHING to work with.  Hoping Douglas shores up that line and Sam should be fine.  

But yeah - never discount a win, man!  I don't care if we had an "easy" schedule - when we were 1-7, most pundits had the Jets as the worst team in football, therefore beating ANYBODY is a great thing!  and beating backups?  The Jets went on the field with a 3rd string team at best, so no apologies!!

I can respect it. I just don’t love the way it unfolded is all. I would of much rather watched us be offensively competent in those games but a W is a W, I guess.

Hopefully another year in this system, more supporting pieces and we’ll be winning and looking solid while doing it.

my stance is more or less on Gase than anyone. I feel like once he gets into mid-game, he doesn’t know what to call. He has no bread and butter that works no matter what.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Patriot Killa said:

I can respect it. I just don’t love the way it unfolded is all. I would of much rather watched us be offensively competent in those games but a W is a W, I guess.

Hopefully another year in this system, more supporting pieces and we’ll be winning and looking solid while doing it.

my stance is more or less on Gase than anyone. I feel like once he gets into mid-game, he doesn’t know what to call. He has no bread and butter that works no matter what.

well said.  now this I can agree with.  sure, I would have liked "sexy wins" better, but at least they showed something, which gives me just a little (very little!) hope for Gase!

and I know it doesn't mean anything to most (just stupid me!) but there were a few things I was looking for at the end that were brought up in various media that I REALLY wanted, so the wins certainly helped:

1.  last 4 games of the season, the Jets had the hardest schedule of any NFL team (tied with Bears) and they went 3-1.  this is very good!

2.  going into the Steelers game, I saw that if the Jets lost one more game it would be the first time in franchise history that they would have four consecutive double-digit loss seasons.  They won both games and avoided this!

3.  also going into Steelers game, they were 4-3 at home.  wanted that home winning record.

4.  Sam missed 3 games this year.  Jets lost all three.  going into last game of the year, they were 6-6 with Darnold.  nice to see him have a winning record in games he played.

5.  Lastly, again with Sam; and this was one I was tracking since the Bengals game (the game that REALLY killed his chances at getting this because they didn't even score 1 TD):  Namath holds the record for most TD passes in his 1st 2 years as a Jet.  Sam fell one short.  I know it's a totally different NFL now vs then (and it REALLY says more about the crap QBs we have had the last 50 years!) but still, I was rooting for Sam in this one.

• Upvote 1

I keep hearing about besting other teams backups. What about the fact that most our team were backups? lol.

Just because our backups were filing in as starters shouldn’t change much.

We had 2nd and third stringers all over the place. From the OL and WR to CB and MLB. Our team should be getting more credit for actually beating starters any of the weeks. Haha

This season was brutal. Just brutal. Beating anyone is an accomplishment. Going 6-2 against the final 8 teams is monumental.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I keep hearing about besting other teams backups. What about the fact that most our team were backups? lol.

Just because we our backups were filing in as starters shouldn’t change much.
We had 2nd thirds stringers all over the place. From the OL and WR to CB and MLB. Our team should be getting more credit for actually beating starters any of the weeks. Haha

This season was brutal. Just brutal. Beating anyone is an accomplishment. Going 6-2 against the final 8 teams is monumental. emoji6.png

That’s all fine and dandy GB, and if you guys find value in 13-6 victories, then that’s also fine, but this still isn’t changing much for me. Winning is winning but, personally, I was hoping for more than “surviving” a lot of these games. 

• Sympathy 1

That’s all fine and dandy GB, and if you guys find value in 13-6 victories, then that’s also fine, but this still isn’t changing much for me. Winning is winning but, personally, I was hoping for more than “surviving” a lot of these games. 

Sure. I think we’re Most if us were disappointed with many aspects of the season. I think the biggest thing to be happy about is that Sam, after having mono, having a revolving door at both OL and WR and being hit with all sorts of BS about his throwing motions and whether or not he was the guy we thought he was, fought back and won.
The manner of the wins? Maybe they could have been better or more exciting but he won. He only lost two or three games all season and that is what we want to see. We can talk about the level of competition all day, but the truth is that if he lost those games it would be worse news for our future with him.
Add to it that we had more starters out than every single one of those teams we played.

Let’s not forget that every one of those teams were looking at the schedule with delight when the jets were coming up. In the same way as we were toward them. We sucked. lol.

Im usually one of the guys hoping for better draft position every year so I get it but this is all about these bad times having some sort of benefit for Sam. Wins are better than losses imo.

4 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

Highlights:

1.  Cowboys upset (still thought they were good; maybe we have a chance?)

2.  Steelers upset (nice to screw them over for a change)

3.  Adams hot streak (6 sacks in three games; maybe this guy is as good as he thinks he is?)

Lowlights:

1.  Mosely Injury (after showing us what he could be for three quarters of one game).

2.  Gase's mono announcement (are you frikkin' kidding me?)

3.  Falk starts (I guess the season is really over.)

So you are saying he got only 1/2 sack in the other 13 games?  ?

• Upvote 2

In no particular order going off the top of my head, my 3 favorite are

1. Jamal Adams stopping Dallas on the 2 point conversion to win the game for the Jets.

2. Darnold hitting Robbie Anderson on that long TD in the Dallas game, his first game back from mono.

3. Jamal Adams strip sack/TD return vs the Giants, which started off the second half of the season with a win, eventually going 6-2.

Favorite win - Dallas (with Pittsburgh win not far behind).

Worst 3 moments off the top of my head, in no particular order.

1. Losing week 1 to Buffalo after having a lead and dominating the majority of the game, then to top it off Darnold being diagnosed with mono and Mosely with the groin injury.

2. Losing to Miami when it started to look like we could have a shot at the playoffs with our QB getting healthy and the schedule softening up.

3. Losing to the Pats in Jersey on Monday night by being dominated, Darnold turning the ball over left and right, all coming off a promising win against Dallas.

(Honorable mention was losing to Cinncy....extremely deflating).

Overall the worst loss was probably to Cincinnati, but the Pats second game and the first Miami game are right up there as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Haha, yes that was me!

I wear the shirt to each practice!  My parents actually found me a new one that I got for Xmas this year as well.  I don't know if I can ever NOT wear the original though.  Just gotta make sure I keep losing weight so it continues to fit!

yes, because the original has brought us so much luck☺️

Three least Favorites:

3. Adams picking off Jared Stidham in extreme garbage time for a TD because the fanboys would be relentless about it and they were.

2. Watching Chuma Edoga ruin multiple football games all by himself. His play against the Dolphins was possibly the most inept individual performance on a football field by anyone I’ve ever seen, and I’ve watched several Rutgers games in my lifetime.

1. Robert Kraft eliding justice for supporting modern slavery whilst getting handjobs from Asian preteens. 

Three Favorites:

3. Watching Rex Ryan beg for job interviews last offseason and not getting one at all, and knowing how very blackballed he is warms my heart.

2. Gase getting Maccagnan fired in late May was a masterstroke.

1. When @joewilly12 imagined a conversation between Jon Gruden and Antonio Brown where Gruden says, “Come on AB my grinder dude.” It doesn’t get better than that.