What are you eating for the Superbowl?

Blackout

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Spumoni Gardens then manicotti and the rest of Sunday dinner.

Dam haven’t been to Spumoni Gardens in years. Love their pizza. Gastineau you have just inspired me to go to Brooklyn and hit Faiccos , Spumoni Gardens and possibly Rolling Roaster. For my Super Bowl viddles

• Sympathy 1

Cush to start things off along with an ice cold beer in an ice cold mug. Then pour out some liquore for Kobe and Gigi. Food... Garlic Parmesan Wings, Buffalo Wings Medium Hot, Pepperoni Stromboli, Shrimp with Zesty Shrimp Cocktail Sauce. Sam Adams Cold Snap is the beer and Patron Extra Anejo for Halftime shots.

Cooked up a beef, beer, and bean chili today that I've spent the better part of a decade trying to perfect. It'll get there by 2030, but it's close. 

I'm frying up 50 wings close to game time, which will be tossed in some homemade buffalo sauce (Frank's, butter, garlic, shallots, salt, black pepper, touch of cayenne). There will of course be bleu cheese and celery sticks. 

I have two dips on the to-do list tomorrow: guac and queso. Trying a new queso recipe this year that includes some chipotles in adobo sauce, and I recently pickled a ton of jalapenos, so I'll certainly be throwing some of those in too. 

The host is ordered in carnitas tacos and is making "french onion soup stuffed mushrooms". I have no idea what the latter item is and I'm incredibly curious. I believe there will be shrimp cocktail as well, but I don't think I'll be in the mood to go into anaphylactic shock on Super Bowl Sunday. If it was last year's game, I probably would've reached for a shrimp or two at halftime.

And beer. Plenty of beer. It is a crime that Monday isn't a national holiday. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Blackout said:

Was going to go with wings but plans changed and now I'm picking up pizza instead (which is no problem)

And vodka

Im making Short Ribs (6 Hours at 285 degrees)  , Smoked Pork Belly (3 hours at 285) , and Chicken Wings (90 Min) all over charcoal -(Monolith Grill)

Dip - Cheese and Italian Sausage with Green Chili Rotel

• Upvote 3