JetNation Turns 15 - THANK YOU!!! Short video in thread...

Maxman

3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Uncensored? 
Anyway nice one

IT IS A RELATIVE TERM lol.

We don't censor and delete Jets opinions about Lavernous Coles because the site owner is chatting with him. That is the big problem we were solving back in the day.  :)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The site turns 15 years old today and I want to say thank you. These forums are so much fun, they keep growing thanks to your passion.  To everyone that reads the forums and the site, and everyone who posts in the forums:  THANK YOU SO MUCH.

We put some stats in the video below, it is a bit of a flash back. A walk down memory lane and it has been an incredible ride so far. The results on the field haven't been what anyone hoped for but this fan base never gives up. The site is a reflect of that, the passion of Jets fans is stronger than ever. The numbers are staggering, over 100 million page views, closing in on 20 million site visits, WOW.

I know I left people out of the thank you video, there are too many people who have helped build this site to name everyone individually. Just know that I appreciate all the hard work, all the effort that so many have put into this. You are what makes this site great.

Check out the short video and let me know what you think.

Thank you to all that make the site what it is... well done! 
Also love that my son made the video. ?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Congrats @Maxman !!! 

JetNation is a second home for me and has been for over a decade! I love this place. 

Heartfelt Congrats on 15 years!!!!  

We're getting old man! :) 

Thanks Beans. I was 35 years old when the site launched. I had dreams, hopes and hair. It all seems like a distant memory now lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, CTM said:

Does 100M views include or exclude the fapathon thread? I think that had about 50M on it own.

On a more serious note, congratulations and thank you for providing a great home to talk jests football, troll homers and play mafia all these years. I can't imagine how much more I might of been able to ruin in life had I not had the pleasure of spending so much time here. :D

Had to look that term up but yes I think your estimate might be low. That thread was like 84 million views. Chad Pennington had about 15 million on his own. Everything else gets what is left.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BP said:

Lol! The ihop pic! Good job Phil and company!(yeah, you too Thor) 

now if the Jets could only stop sucking you may become the greatest message board in the world. 

Congrats! I’ll log in again for the 20th anniversary. 

That pic was in a folder of stuff from when the site launched, saved it all together. You go in this folder and most of it can't be used. But I am saving them for the book that will be published some day in the future.  :)

2 hours ago, BP said:

LaserMax.gif&key=6bf01cc71affcd5363707cb

credit to @Panzer Division Marduk the master

These were the best. I still like how Panzer shows up at the tailgate every year. He's like hey I just stopped over from Ireland. He seriously is the best.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Congrats JN!   And thanks @Maxman for everything!

That picture of Max and Shane tho....

Thank you man, you have produced so many good posts (and articles) over the years!

What's wrong with that photo, though? Just two dudes watching the Yankees and sharing a sausage sandwich.  :)

I will say this, I found a picture of Tom in the famous "Derek Jeter - Smedium" shirt. I was wrong, he actually fit into it. I legit helped to fuel a version of the events that weren't true. Tom fit in that shirt just fine.  My bad.

The Steelers stuff is still true, @T0mShane ran and hid when the Steelers fan confronted him at the first draft day party. That story will not change over time.

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Maxman said:

That pic was in a folder of stuff from when the site launched, saved it all together. You go in this folder and most of it can't be used. But I am saving them for the book that will be published some day in the future.  :)

These were the best. I still like how Panzer shows up at the tailgate every year. He's like hey I just stopped over from Ireland. He seriously is the best.

I took a pic of @The Gun Of Bavaria in front of a Dunkin’ Donuts that night too lol I still have all the old (Kingsley era) giants stadium tailgating pics. I also have pics on my old blackberry from the last game at Giants stadium (10 years ago) when me and @De-Jet-Erate/Duane snuck in two plastic flasks of booze under our skull caps. I miss giants stadium lol

I haven’t seen panzer in a while. Last time he was wearing a Johnny Johnson jersey that was tight lol

all good times! Miss you guys!! Xxoo

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BP said:

I took a pic of @The Gun Of Bavaria in front of a Dunkin’ Donuts that night too lol I still have all the old (Kingsley era) giants stadium tailgating pics. I also have pics on my old blackberry from the last game at Giants stadium (10 years ago) when me and @De-Jet-Erate/Duane snuck in two plastic flasks of booze under our skull caps. I miss giants stadium lol

I haven’t seen panzer in a while. Last time he was wearing a Johnny Johnson jersey that was tight lol

all good times! Miss you guys!! Xxoo

You should go to a game this year. The Jets are what they are, the friendships make it worth it.

• Upvote 4

Happy Birthday!  I feel like a cheater though because I only switched here a couple of years ago from TGG when I realized they had about 5 regular posters.  And before that it was another site that the creator sold and it went to total sh-t.  So I feel like a guy who comes in mid way through a party and then proceeds to drink all the beer.

• Upvote 3