JetNation Turns 15 - THANK YOU!!! Short video in thread...

Maxman

9 hours ago, BP said:

I took a pic of @The Gun Of Bavaria in front of a Dunkin’ Donuts that night too lol I still have all the old (Kingsley era) giants stadium tailgating pics. I also have pics on my old blackberry from the last game at Giants stadium (10 years ago) when me and @De-Jet-Erate/Duane snuck in two plastic flasks of booze under our skull caps. I miss giants stadium lol

I haven’t seen panzer in a while. Last time he was wearing a Johnny Johnson jersey that was tight lol

all good times! Miss you guys!! Xxoo

The last game at Giant stadium was definitely the coldest game I ever attended!

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank you man, you have produced so many good posts (and articles) over the years!

What's wrong with that photo, though? Just two dudes watching the Yankees and sharing a sausage sandwich.  :)

I will say this, I found a picture of Tom in the famous "Derek Jeter - Smedium" shirt. I was wrong, he actually fit into it. I legit helped to fuel a version of the events that weren't true. Tom fit in that shirt just fine.  My bad.

The Steelers stuff is still true, @T0mShane ran and hid when the Steelers fan confronted him at the first draft day party. That story will not change over time.

Nothing wrong with the photo.  And that's the problem.  I've seen it before, and nary a sociopath could I find in Shane's eyes.  It's been a huge hindrance on our investigation of him.  We know no jury would convict a Matthew Modine with kind eyes, no matter how many dead bodies turn up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks Beans. I was 35 years old when the site launched. I had dreams, hopes and hair. It all seems like a distant memory now lol.

Haha  That one pic of you without the white in your hair took me a minute. lol 

Truly spectacular @Maxman !  And to think... it's only the beginning!!  

long live Jet Nation!!!!! 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, slats said:

It's the collection of weirdos that makes this place tick. Actually getting a little news once in a while is nice, too. 

Truth:  It’s the mods. You guys are cool. Uncool mods are what ruined JI.  

Congrats JN, and thank you eternally for being such a welcoming lifeboat for ye JI castoffs, matey. 

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

12 hours ago, SAR I said:

Truth:  It’s the mods. You guys are cool. Uncool mods are what ruined JI.  

Congrats JN, and thank you eternally for being such a welcoming lifeboat for ye JI castoffs, matey. 

SAR I

Thanks for saying that, I agree the mods here are what sets the site apart. They put up with a lot of crap and they check their ego at the door.

Thor also checks his coat at the door because he has a hard time fitting through it otherwise. But that's another story all together.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks for saying that, I agree the mods here are what sets the site apart. They put up with a lot of crap and they check their ego at the door.

Thor also checks his coat at the door because he has a hard time fitting through it otherwise. But that's another story all together.

Ok...that made me spit my coffee out of my mouth. You know sometimes I forget that you’ve always been the funniest guy on this site and the straw that stirs the drink.

6 hours ago, Bob said:

I wish the Jets had provided as much entertainment as this site has in the last 15 years. Congrats!

Look Phil!! It’s legendary Bob the Jets Fan™️!! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

This is the best board I've been on ... Good mix of posters and mods. Better than JI and I lived in that thing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Absolutely. And it’s not even a remotely close contest. 

As others have said, the mods do an exceptionally good job on here, imo. Though full credit goes to Maxman and his team for their decision-making.  You guys are the polar opposite of Idzik/Macc. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/17/2020 at 2:46 AM, Maxman said:

That pic was in a folder of stuff from when the site launched, saved it all together. You go in this folder and most of it can't be used. But I am saving them for the book that will be published some day in the future.  :)

These were the best. I still like how Panzer shows up at the tailgate every year. He's like hey I just stopped over from Ireland. He seriously is the best.

Like the front page, when it finally appeared?

JN%2520Front%2520page.jpg&key=88c6a563a2

And hanging out with you guys is all to often the best part of gameday.

Happy Birthday JN! And still have that jersey, BP.

• Upvote 2

On 2/16/2020 at 11:39 AM, Maxman said:

The site turns 15 years old today and I want to say thank you. These forums are so much fun, they keep growing thanks to your passion.  To everyone that reads the forums and the site, and everyone who posts in the forums:  THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Wow crazy! I've only been around here for maybe the last 5 years or so [Edit: apparently it's been 8 years, wow!] and I mostly stick to the Mafia forum and don't talk football much let alone Jets stuff...but this is truly a very welcoming forum and I have never felt out of place here despite being some nerd that's not that into football. I can venture out into the main forum whenever I feel like and I never feel weird about it. You guys are great and this site is great. Thank you Max for all that you do and everyone else who keeps this place running and happy birthday JetNation! 

P.S. Nice video!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Wow crazy! I've only been around here for maybe the last 5 years or so and I mostly stick to the Mafia forum and don't talk football much let alone Jets stuff...but this is truly a very welcoming forum and I have never felt out of place here despite being some nerd that's not that into football. I can venture out into the main forum whenever I feel like and I never feel weird about it. You guys are great and this site is great. Thank you Max for all that you do and everyone else who keeps this place running and happy birthday JetNation! 

P.S. Nice video!

Thanks for popping in, now get back to your cave, nerd.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Congrats! Here’s to another 100 million views or whatever they’re called.

Think of it like this:

• Someone logs on and reads one page of the site
  • Then that happens over 100 million more times

Seriously is crazy.

23 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hey people, watch the damn video in the first post. It will take a minute of your time.  :)

Hello.  Video is playful and gives the requisite information about the site.  I think it would have been better--and more celebratory--had you made mention of the great posters who over the years have made this place a must read.  

Happy Birthday, JN.

DefensiveFlickeringDorking-size_restrict 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Bob said:

I wish the Jets had provided as much entertainment as this site has in the last 15 years. Congrats!

BTJF was along with Matt from The Greenhouse the first two guys I met from the message board community. It really worked out just right, Matt's Greenhouse site was shutting down and we needed a place to go when I got an invite at JI from Brenda telling me about this new site and that I was invited to join (The Groucho quote about who would want to be  in a club with someone like me allowed in comes to mind). 

Damn the Jets had a chance that season too, Doug Brien two missed FGs  with 2 minutes to go for the win and a Championship game.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Hello.  Video is playful and gives the requisite information about the site.  I think it would have been better--and more celebratory--had you made mention of the great posters who over the years have made this place a must read.  

Happy Birthday, JN.

DefensiveFlickeringDorking-size_restrict 

Wanted to keep it as close to one minute as possible. The list of posters is SOOOOOO long. I wish I could thank everyone by name. But the top posters would end up being a 15 minute video because that is how many people have been important to this site.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

BTJF was along with Matt from The Greenhouse the first two guys I met from the message board community. It really worked out just right, Matt's Greenhouse site was shutting down and we needed a place to go when I got an invite at JI from Brenda telling me about this new site and that I was invited to join (The Groucho quote about who would want to be  in a club with someone like me allowed in comes to mind). 

Damn the Jets had a chance that season too, Doug Brien two missed FGs  with 2 minutes to go for the win and a Championship game.

The old days before the Patriots dynasty were fun, the Jets always had a chance. The good news is the dynasty is over, so fun times are here again.  :)