This is a must trade down year

Web72

12 minutes ago, Web72 said:

With all of the down time I’m experiencing and all the mock simulators available I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s is a must trade down year for us.  We have a million holes to fill and only 8 picks. I’d love to see JD trade down and land another 2,3 & or 4. 

I’ve done a ton of trades on these simulators, some realistic some not, but my favorite ones are us trading down with the Cowboys and adding their 3 & 4 round picks and then picking Josh Jones . 

Or trading back with Philly adding their 2& 3. But according to the sims they’ll only trade if CD is still on the board. 

Last year's draft  was the perfect , MUST trade down year since there was no clear cut #3 player available. Trading down to #10 or #11 and picking up a 2nd or 3th rounder would have been real nice. But, as in last year, it takes 2 to trade. If no one wants to move up, as in last year, there is no "trade down" I know we still have holes to fill but I'm comfortable at #11.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Last year's draft  was the perfect , MUST trade down year since there was no clear cut #3 player available. Trading down to #10 or #11 and picking up a 2nd or 3th rounder would have been real nice. But, as in last year, it takes 2 to trade. If no one wants to move up, as in last year, there is no "trade down" I know we still have holes to fill but I'm comfortable at #11.

it takes two to make a trade but that doesn't mean you hold out for a top deal and then get burned when the trade doesn't happen.  imo mac was too intent on getting way too much for the 3 pick and so couldn't make a deal.  this was a double whammy when qwill didn't have a year worthy of the third pick.  hopefully he's vindicated this season.

• Upvote 1

Maybe trade down in the 2nd (so we can have two 2's and maybe 3 3rd) but not the 1st you don't dare trade down you get the BEST one. 

This draft class they say could be the greatest of All-Time for WR's and the two headliners for the entire WR draft class are Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb. 

And at least of them will be available.

And if we trade down? They get selected with the very next pick (maybe even back to back). 

That is a stupid idea to pass up on for a young Sam Darnold. That would be a WR needy team with a young QB trading down with both Beckham Jr. and Mike Evans both on the board; no way!!

18 minutes ago, Defense Wins Championships said:

Maybe trade down in the 2nd (so we can have two 2's and maybe 3 3rd) but not the 1st you don't dare trade down you get the BEST one. 

This draft class they say could be the greatest of All-Time for WR's and the two headlines are Jerry Jeudy and CeeDee Lamb. 

One of them will be available. And if we trade down? They get selected the very next pick. 

That is a stupid idea to pass up on for a young Sam Darnold. That would be a WR needy team with a young QB trading down with both Beckham Jr. and Mike Evans both on the board; no way!!

Feel like as everyone is saying this is a WR filled draft through 3 rounds, but there must be a gap in prospect/talent between Jeudy/Lamb and maybe Ruggs and all the ones that may go later in the 1st round and in rounds 2 and 3. So, since we may only get a #1 WR in the 1st round we should take that opportunity especially since we should have the chance to pick one of if not the best WR in this draft rather than the 4th best Tackle. We can take Tackle in round 2 and even another in 3 and probably more Oline Tackles at the top of next years draft as we will likely need 2 seasons to fully stock/bolster this Oline. As they say "Rome was not built in a day", and make no mistake the 2019 Oline was in much worse shape then Rome.

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, rangerous said:

it takes two to make a trade but that doesn't mean you hold out for a top deal and then get burned when the trade doesn't happen.  imo mac was too intent on getting way too much for the 3 pick and so couldn't make a deal.  this was a double whammy when qwill didn't have a year worthy of the third pick.  hopefully he's vindicated this season.

I wish we knew exactly what Macc was offered for that #3 last year. I prayed that we'd trade down but it wasn't to be.

I think Q will have a real nice year this year and make us all forget his rookie year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Feel like as everyone is saying this is a WR filled draft through 3 rounds, but there must be a gap in prospect/talent between Jeudy/Lamb and maybe Ruggs and all the ones that may go later in the 1st round and in rounds 2 and 3. So, since we may only get a #1 WR in the 1st round we should take that opportunity especially since we should have the chance to pick one of if not the best WR in this draft rather than the 4th best Tackle. We can take Tackle in round 2 and even another in 3 and probably more Oline Tackles at the top of next years draft as we will likely need 2 seasons to fully stock/bolster this Oline. As they say "Rome was not built in a day", and make no mistake the 2019 Oline was in much worse shape then Rome.

Exactly. If we had a chance at the #1 Tackle or even the #2 rated tackle within the top 5? Then and only then it become a topic of discussion for me. 

And as you've mentioned, just the thought alone of taking the 3rd or even the 4th rated tackle?

Over the #1 and best rated WR within one of the greatest WR classes of All-Time?

That is a disgusting thought to have and one that'll make me sick to my stomach. 

There are fans who would trade Jamal Adams for Beckham Jr. Well then why not draft a Jeudy/Lamb and STILL KEEP Jamal Adams ala Jeudy/Lamb + Jamal Adams over Beckham Jr. and it's not even a debate. 

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Feel like as everyone is saying this is a WR filled draft through 3 rounds, but there must be a gap in prospect/talent between Jeudy/Lamb and maybe Ruggs and all the ones that may g later in the 1st round and in rounds 2 and 3. So, since we can only get a #1 WR in the 1st round we should take that opportunity especially since we may have the chance to one of if not the best WRs in this draft rather than the 4th best Tackle. We can take Tackle in round 2 and even another in 3 and probably more Oline Tackles at the top of next years draft as we will likely need 2 seasons to fully stock/bolster this Oline. As they say "Rome was not built in a day", and make no mistake the 2019 Oline was in much worse shape then Rome.

It’s just that there’s less depth at tackle than WR in this draft. I agree in a vacuum that the difference between Jeudy and Ruggs and the 3rd tier WR’s is definitely apparent. 

But after the top 5 tackles, there’s only projects. Even  Mekhi Becton, Tristan Wirfs and Josh Jones, all of whom I include in that top tier of tackles, are projects as well.

The WR class is 20/25 deep. 

I like Jeudy a lot. And I respect Ruggs game breaking ability. I can’t say I’d be upset at those picks. But I feel like the best strategy for this draft is taking one of the top tackles at 11 and then spending two early-mid round picks on WR’s. 

Some of those mid-round WR’s could contribute day 1, whereas any tackle outside of round one is a long shot to contribute year one.

At least that’s my read, definitely not an expert here, just one man’s opinion.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Web72 said:

With all of the down time I’m experiencing and all the mock simulators available I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s is a must trade down year for us.  We have a million holes to fill and only 8 picks. I’d love to see JD trade down and land another 2,3 & or 4. 

I’ve done a ton of trades on these simulators, some realistic some not, but my favorite ones are us trading down with the Cowboys and adding their 3 & 4 round picks and then picking Josh Jones . 

Or trading back with Philly adding their 2& 3. But according to the sims they’ll only trade if CD is still on the board. 

You make it sound like it's easy to trade down. 

Why is it a must? You see who is available when you pick and then decide. If that LT that you really want is there, you take him. If there are 3 or 4 players still on the board that you have targeted and you have an opportunity  to trade down to 15 or 16, Then I can see it but you don't  want to get locked out on players you feel are difference makers. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

What does that have to do with Joe Douglas?

nothing/everything - usually the Jets just are not in the "honey pot" area of the draft.

It takes two to tango and quite frankly the 11th position isn't the greatest place to entice trade partners.

2 hours ago, Web72 said:

tenor.gif