2021 Mock. I just wanted to get it in Early and to beat the rush!

GREENBEAN

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The first name of the list is the only one i have even heard of but i approve, Smith is really good.

They're saying he's better than Ruggs OR Jeudy.  Getting him at 6 is a steal!   hahaha 

• Haha 1

Devonta Smith was the best receiver at Alabama from what I saw. Draft gurus are saying Waddle. So who knows. We’re hopefully not picking in the top 10 though.

Shows how much Macc neglected critical positions when we are likely going to address the same position early in next years draft as we did in this years draft: WR, OL, Edge, CB.

15 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Devonta Smith was the best receiver at Alabama from what I saw. Draft gurus are saying Waddle. So who knows. We’re hopefully not picking in the top 10 though.

Shows how much Macc neglected critical positions when we are likely going to address the same position early in next years draft as we did in this years draft: WR, OL, Edge, CB.

Agreed on all points. 

We will have to see how it plays out this season, but I am thinking Edge rusher is our number one target next draft.  Getting one of the top 2-3 Edge guys to come out next year will be just what the doctor ordered when Jenkins contract is up and he only gets 5-6 coverage sacks. Adding another blue chip type of ER to Zuniga will be the beginning of a newly revamped pressure laden defense. I honestly believe Hall and Jackson will be our starting Corners in 2021 so that will be in good hands. 

Then we will most likely need to go WR and OL again as well as RB. Keeping developing guys in the pipeline at such important positions will most likely be a major touchstone of the JD regime. And thank goodness for that.  Plus bell will more than likely be a goner after 2020 so grabbing another RB to go with Perine and Adams will be key. 

I can't wait for the draft. lmao!!! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Who drafts a WR in the first round the year after drafting the NFL offensive rookie of the year at WR? 

Try again.

Perriman is on a 1 yr deal doesn't seem so outlandish to me in fact I hope they do draft another WR in next years draft.

• Upvote 1

I went with.

1) Creed humphries oc - hopefully we got our new brick now we need our new Mangold.

2) chubba Hubbard rb - bell will be shopping for a new team.

3) quicy Roche edge - I think it's a fair assumption edge will still be a need after this season.

Keep in mind with mocks this early players tend to move way up and way down draft boards

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

10 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Hey guys, 

I miss Mock draft season.  So I went to one of the simulators to mess around with the draft and I was surprised to see it was already set up for next year.  So.... what could I do?  Here's my initial 2021 mock draft!  :) 

They had the Jets at 6th so I was able to grab one of the only "best" players I really know so far.  lol 

IMG_2621.PNG

So..upon seeing this, ALL the above players elected to Red Shirt or stay in for a 4th year to avoid the 2021 draft. :)

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Why even entertain this BS?

So I should have angrily protested the app and refused to do it then? lol 

Hey, the Jets have picked near the top of the draft in 4 of the last 5 years.  It;'s not the most unrealistic assumption. 

11 hours ago, Bronx said:

And not the most optimistic either.

Optimism and realism are not always aligned. Especially when dealing with the Jets.  Oh how many times I've walked into Giants/Met life Stadium for game one just bubbling with positivity.  :(  

I had a similar outcome. And to all the people with the 'we probably have bigger needs if we are selecting 6th' comments. CHILL OUT. This is just for fun. Nobody knows what the real needs will be, very possible it will still be LT. But right now, looking at the roster and the contracts players on on, its still Edge, CB, WR and yes, O-line. We don't know who will stick long term, how good this team will be or how the rookies will pan out. We DO know the schedule will get tougher. That's probably why they have us selecting 6th. Personally, if healthy, I think we can win 10 games. that's just me. 

NYJ 6.
Ja'Marr Chase
WR LSU

NYJ 38.
Jonathan Cooper
EDGE Ohio State

NYJ 70.
Cade Mays
OT Tennessee

NYJ 102.
Zamir White
RB Georgia

NYJ 134.
Shaka Toney
EDGE Penn State

NYJ 135.
Charleston Rambo
WR Oklahoma

NYJ 186.
Jarrett Patterson
OC Notre Dame

NYJ 198.
Ben Cleveland
OG Georgia
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/1/2020 at 2:23 PM, jetstream23 said:

1759984277_ScreenShot2020-05-01at11_22_34AM.png.90688685b35a765e1d9a067075d73be1.png

Traded down with Raiders.

Geez....WTF are we doing?  It's way too early for this. lol

Hey, we're all coming away with Jonathan Cooper. Is that some sort of sign?   Can;t wait to watch that cat this year and see if we're on to something here. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Here's what I ended up with.  I traded down from # 22 (Seattle pick) to # 30 (Ravens), adding pick # 62 in the process.  Thus I had two firsts and two second rounders.  

EDGE Hamilcar Rashed is noted to be an extremely athletic EDGE, so I thought that would be another perfect JD pick in Rd 3.

I know @GREENBEAN will hate that I took another QB in Rd 4, but since he hated James Morgan as a prospect, surely doubling down at QB can't be a bad thing?  lol.  Besides, it was the 7th pick of the class.  Plenty of talent coming in!

NYJ 8.
Patrick Surtain
CB Alabama

NYJ 30.
DeVonta Smith
WR Alabama
trade icon
NYJ 40.
Chuba Hubbard
RB Oklahoma State

NYJ 62.
Josh Myers