Schein: Bold NFL Predictions - "Sam Darnold will become a star"

Adam Schein was the afternoon drive guy on Syracuse radio who was doing paid hour-long segments with a local bookie until the FAN and then the NFL Network picked him up, gave him the title “NFL Insider” and, in the entire time since, he’s produced zero memorable content for any one of his unfortunate employers. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Adam Schein was the afternoon drive guy on Syracuse radio who was doing paid hour-long segments with a local bookie until the FAN and then the NFL Network picked him up, gave him the title “NFL Insider” and, in the entire time since, he’s produced zero memorable content for any one of his unfortunate employers. 

Thanks for the info.  I always wonder where some of these insiders come from.

Just now, 14 in Green said:

Couple of nuggets from the article:

He has the Pats(5-11), Jaguars and Giants as the 3 worst teams in the NFL

Cowboys #1 seed in the NFC

Bills win the AFC East and a home playoff game

Browns in the Playoffs

He even hedges on the Pats being one of the worst and says they very well could be OTC.

He says the Bills will “maul” NE and road games at Miami and Jets are no gimmes 

Just now, pdxgreen said:

He's just being T0m.

He left out the part where Schein was a regular on various talk shows, then  co-hosted a daily half hour show on SNY for about 10 years before signing a huge deal with the NFL Network and Sirius Radio about 5 years ago.

Sorry, but I have to protect those Syracuse grads.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He's just being T0m.

He left out the part where Schein was a regular on various talk shows, then  co-hosted a daily half hour show on SNY for about 10 years before signing a huge deal with the NFL Network and Sirius Radio about 5 years ago.

Syracuse ‘79  here

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He's just being T0m.

Yeah.  You definately should.  Taye Diggs probably has a few restraining orders out on various female fans.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Hey "Spitshine T0mmy", why don't you go home and get your Schein box.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

This narrative that the Patriots will collapse? 

I just don't get it. 

They are extraordinarily well-coached, have lots of talent on defense, and always are great on special teams.  

If the offense is even competent... the Pats win 9 games.

• Upvote 4

Excited to see Darnold behind a decent OL. I think Becton dominates and pushes people around from the very start. Wish we could of gave Darnold one more reliable target. Hoping the TE’s stay healthy and get plenty involved. Ryan Griffin and Chris Herndon can make up for the lack of bodies at WR.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

Anyone know where Manish spawned from? Given his aversion to the truth I assumed he just escaped the 8th circle of Hell a decade ago. Either that or we went there and he's our punishment

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

This is what we've all been waiting/hoping to see happen. It would be nice to see the kid go out there and finally shut people like me up once and for all... 

I'll be very happy to eat some crow.

You still won't shut up I'm thinking. :) 

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

This narrative that the Patriots will collapse? 

I just don't get it. 

They are extraordinarily well-coached, have lots of talent on defense, and always are great on special teams.  

If the offense is even competent... the Pats win 9 games.

Bill has everybody exactly where he wants them. The pats defense is still going to be top 5. 

4 hours ago, Vader said:

Wait did schein just cherry pick the last 9 games stats and extrapolate success? 

Did he know this would be posted on Jets message boards?

lol ... If so he did a p*ss-poor job of it!

The idiot chose 6-3 over the last 9, with a 14:5 TD/INT ratio

he should have chosen 6-2 over the last 8 with a 13:4 TD/INT ratio

yards per game about the same

I think he is right.

As we were preparing to reopen our offices, our top 10 Actuaries (all former NYers born and raised so no bias here >wink) found we would be highly confident (better than 90%) that Darnold throws for over 4,000 yards and has a better than 2:1 TD:interception ratio if he starts 14 or more games.