Practice 8/27 *Cancelled*

kdels62

11 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Yep. Right move. The long term impact on team chemistry will be much more beneficial than a single practice could

Was coming here to say this. You are exactly right, this will go farther with team chemistry than any one day of practice. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The hypocrisy of all of these sports leagues is mind boggling. 

The guy was a wanted felon for sexual assault. Rewind this 1 year ago during the #Metoo movement and all these teams would be accused of not believing women. 

And none of what you say gives the cop right be executioner.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

The guy was a wanted felon for sexual assault. Rewind this 1 year ago during the #Metoo movement and all these teams would be accused of not believing women. 

The stupidest ******* take from the usual suspects, of course. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not saying the guy deserved to be shot but WTF do people think is going to happen when you resist arrest and reach into your car for something? Good luck finding anyone to ever be a police officer if this is supposed to be acceptable behavior. 

I must be getting old because this makes zero sense to me.

But now that professional sports teams have made their stand, largely based on this incident as the trigger, they cannot and will not back down, no matter what facts emerge.  At first it was an innocent guy trying to break up a fight.  Now as more facts emerge, it's a rapidly evolving story that doesn't seem so clear-cut.  But it won't matter. 

Like I said, maybe not the right moment for teams to do this.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JTJet said:

They already crossed that bridge years ago when so many supported Ray Rice and Kareem Hunt.

• Sympathy 1

16 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I'm a little perplexed about how cancelling a practice that nobody outside the team actually watches accomplishes even the slightest thing?  They can practice or not as they see fit.  I can live without the tweets for a day. 

But the rest of the world still goes on and goes to work (because taking a day off isn't an option for most people) but athletes taking a day off, probably to hang at home in many cases, somehow is meaningful?  I guess we'll call it a rest day to get those quads and hammies back in shape but I just can't shake the feeling that this looks really self-indulgent.  Personally, I think they are looking for some way to help the cause, which is fine, but this doesn't feel like it unless there's more coming.

Players hate practicing just like most people don’t like their job. A lot of things to leverage right now to get you out of it.

• Upvote 1