WR radar

Integrity28

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Thread for blips of interest.

Hakeem Butler : ESPN keeps Hakeem Butler off AZ's projected roster

Trent Taylor : Samuel, Aiyuk, Bourne, Taylor are top WRs in SF (Pettit may be available)

I liked Butler as a mid to late round pick. I’d be okay with that

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Teams that double or triple dipped in the draft in a rich deep WR class.  The Jets with just about the worst WR's in the league take one.  Amongst some nice moves by Douglas this still sticks out as a fail, even if we were not having injuries.

Baltimore - 2

Buffalo - 2

Denver - 3

Indy - 2

Jacksonville - 2

LA Chargers  - 2

Minnesota - 2

Oakland - 3

Philadelphia  - 3

San Francisco - 2

Washington - 2

Jets = 3

Cager + Perriman + Mims. You can also add Campbell. Whether you count UDFA & FA signings, JD did address the WR position. Do you think Gase/ Jefferson were not consulted on which players they liked in the draft and where their value was? Let’s move on “Karen”Hungry Food GIF by 8it

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jets = 3

Cager + Perriman + Mims. You can also add Campbell. Whether you count UDFA & FA signings, JD did address the WR position. Do you think Gase/ Jefferson were not consulted on which players they liked in the draft and where their value was? Let’s move on “Karen”Hungry Food GIF by 8it

Perriman replaces anderson.  Maybe an upgrade may not we don;t know  the toher guys you herald are udfas of which many other teams also took udfas.

Holding up adam gase as the beacon of building your team to his wishes is would be a much greater downgrade.

Deep draft, huge need, we had the picks, bad asset management.

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

Not far fetched but I still think Berrios is a lock because of his PR ability and those hamstrings.

As I said... it was a bold prediction. lol

And, can't we just take about 40% of Berrios' huge hamstrings and transplant them to other players?  Nobody his size needs hamstrings that big!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Thread for blips of interest.

Hakeem Butler : ESPN keeps Hakeem Butler off AZ's projected roster

Trent Taylor : Samuel, Aiyuk, Bourne, Taylor are top WRs in SF (Pettit may be available)

I'd take pettis but the niners are dealing with injuries to their WRs so I'm not sure he'll shake free just yet. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Bold prediction - By Week 1 the Jets have only kept Crowder, Perriman, Mims and Hogan.  Vyncint Smith goes to IR and guys like Berrios, Moncrief and others all hit the street.  The Jets grab at least 2 guys off waivers.

Sure. I could also just see them holding on to Berrios, dropping Moncrief and adding J.Smith once he's healthy- they seem to really like him despite him having done nothing so far on the field. 

Also, what about keeping 7 WRs with the newly expanded 55 player roster? I wonder if that plays a role.   

• Upvote 2

It will be interesting to see who shakes loose from Arizona.   I absolutely loved Butler coming out of Iowa State.   I would absolutely snatch him off of waivers.   You could also see Keesean Johnson get released as well, I’m not sure both get cut from Arizona, but most likely one of them does.  

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

It will be interesting to see who shakes loose from Arizona.   I absolutely loved Butler coming out of Iowa State.   I would absolutely snatch him off of waivers.   You could also see Keesean Johnson get released as well, I’m not sure both get cut from Arizona, but most likely one of them does.  

How glorious would that be if we signed him!

• Upvote 1