I Wanted McCarthy so Bad...

TNJet

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Note, I have NEVER been so pessimistic so completely from the first second that Gase absolutely unequivocally sucked giant moose balls, he had no shot, zero, the whole thing is as surreal as 2020 the overall year has been. In what ******* world do you even listen to this guy talk for 20 seconds and not get the automatic jist he’s a total ******* loser. 

k, that sounded passionate but I’m good and back to not giving a **** less. It was like a shot of care, but I don’t really. Go Titans!!

Ryan Tannehill is proof Gase ruins careers. He's a probowler and playoff QB soon as he escapes Gase's play calling.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Look if Dallas looks as unprepared offensively as the Jets did today I will personally castrate myself with a butter knife, that is how sure i am that McCarthy would have been a better choice than Gase has been for the Jets!

Finally all I can say is..a guy fails in your own division and you run to get him!! :( 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, TNJet said:

Last year and I literally shouted out loud, "What!??" When they hired Gase. Nearly shyt my pants in sadness. Looks like l was right this coach is as bad as any we've ever had including Bowles and Kotite.

Me too. It was the no brainer 

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

How Gase won them over is baffling.

When the Rhule thing did not work out he panicked.  Then came that unsolicited Manning phone call which a smart person would have put little stock in.  He totally ignored the awful record by gase in Miami for some reason.  It was like picking Christian Hackenburg based on his 1st half year of college ball and being praised by Bill obrien  who avoided him like the plague in the draft.

The buffer of a smart veteran NFL guy as team president that some of us have been calling for would have perhaps avoided a newby getting sucked in.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

How Gase won them over is baffling.

Not really. He can talk a good game and impress someone like Chris Johnson who knows nothing about football. He knows football but that says nothing about coaching ability. 
“He’s coaching where football is going” will become jets lore. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Not really. He can talk a good game and impress someone like Chris Johnson who knows nothing about football. He knows football but that says nothing about coaching ability. 
“He’s coaching where football is going” will become jets lore. 

This is what happened:

Gase told the dolphins he wanted more control over personnel or fire him.  Dolphins called Gase’s bluff and did.

Woody and Chrissy heard about this and somehow were impresssed by it and felt Gase had to be their guy.

meanwhile a couple bitter Packer players and assistants talked bad about McCarthy to the Johnsons and they bought it

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

This is what happened:

Gase told the dolphins he wanted more control over personnel or fire him.  Dolphins called Gase’s bluff and did.

Woody and Chrissy heard about this and somehow were impresssed by it and felt Gase had to be their guy.

meanwhile a couple bitter Packer players and assistants talked bad about McCarthy to the Johnsons and they bought it

The Johnsons are always fighting the last battle.  With Bowles, they allowed him to hire clowns as assistants which made him tough to fire.  They liked Rhule, but coming from Baylor they did not trust his ability to hire NFL assistants, and they may have hired GW prior. 

Remember when Chris said that Gase was coaching where football was going?  That may have been a dig at McCarthy.   You can see why you don’t hire McCarthy.  The reason to hire him-to coach your new pick 3 QB.  

I can see the Jets getting better in the second half of the season again.  Their preseason prep stinks and they will start to get players back.  QBs cost real money.  I think the Johnsons will cut bait with Gase before giving up on Darnold.  They have year 4, option year and a franchise tag with Darnold.   That could be worth paying the breakage on Gase.   The Johnsons will hope Gase gets another job to reduce the damages.   

If Gase was smart he would cut his losses with Loggains, but Bowles would not with Kacey  until he got mysteriously ill.  That was the best the Jets played that year. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, varjet said:

The Johnsons are always fighting the last battle.  With Bowles, they allowed him to hire clowns as assistants which made him tough to fire.  They liked Rhule, but coming from Baylor they did not trust his ability to hire NFL assistants, and they may have hired GW prior. 

Remember when Chris said that Gase was coaching where football was going?  That may have been a dig at McCarthy.   You can see why you don’t hire McCarthy.  The reason to hire him-to coach your new pick 3 QB.  

I can see the Jets getting better in the second half of the season again.  Their preseason prep stinks and they will start to get players back.  QBs cost real money.  I think the Johnsons will cut bait with Gase before giving up on Darnold.  They have year 4, option year and a franchise tag with Darnold.   That could be worth paying the breakage on Gase.   The Johnsons will hope Gase gets another job to reduce the damages.   

If Gase was smart he would cut his losses with Loggains, but Bowles would not with Kacey  until he got mysteriously ill.  That was the best the Jets played that year. 

The main problem with Gase isn’t his playcalling (which isn’t good) it’s the fact he’s a toxic person.  The only player who did get along with Gase was Peyton Manning and he was a veteran who was basically his own offensive coordinator 

And unfortunately the Johnsons are not bright.  They will continue to get fooled by the Macagnan’s and the Gases

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That Mike McCarthy offense really lighting up the league tonight, friends

I was just about to say this.

We played like dog sh*t, dropped 17 on a MUCH better team, and don't have ANYWHERE near the weapons Dallas has.

Yeah Gase sucks, but gimme new blood in Greg Roman or Bieniemy over McCarthy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RSJ said:

Should have definitely been McCarthy. I also wanted him bad. Gase wasnt even on my list. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Your list included a head coach that decided to run on 3rd and 6 in the 4th quarter down 3 with dak at QB, then instead of kicking the game tying easy  field goal he went for it on 4th and 3 and had a rookie WR run a 2 yard crossing pattern that came up short.

Then never got his offense back in position to tie the game. I'm sure Jets fans would have loved the scenario. 

5 hours ago, johnnysd said:

He's a complete dinosaur and his consistently underperformed with a HOF QB in Rodgers over his last few seasons.

He knew how to be a HC, was successful,  and actually developed A Rods game. He is a competent NFL Head Coach, something we haven't had since Parcells, and he could have actually FIXED Darnolds flaws and set him up to be successful. Instead, we have an insane person turning our QB into Special Ed with happy feet. Not great.

And after the last 17 games, I'd happily take outdated but coherent and properly structured offense over Gases bag of sh*t offense. 

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I was just about to say this.

We played like dog sh*t, dropped 17 on a MUCH better team, and don't have ANYWHERE near the weapons Dallas has.

Yeah Gase sucks, but gimme new blood in Greg Roman or Bieniemy over McCarthy.

McCarthy Hive boys going into hiding for months now will be priceless

• 3 weeks later...