For the love of God, PLEASE FIRE ADAM GASE NOW!

Dcat

Dear Mr Johnson,
Do you not care how much we are suffering?  You aditted you were wrong in retaining Mac.  Are you going to make the same mistake twice?  Seriously?
If you care anything at all for Jets fans, you will announce tomorrow morning that gase has been removed.  God help us if you don't.
Sincerely,
Jets fans in Anguish

Tonight would be better!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Just now, BROOKLYN JET said:

Gase was hired to do mission impossible, Darnold was never going to be the guy.

I totally disagree with this unless you totally ignored the 2nd half of year one.  He has looked very good at points early in his career and has totally regressed under Gase to the point he look shot.

Draft the Qb of your choice next year and he will suffer th same fate unless gase is fired, even then he will get killed as this team has no talent anywhere on the team.

The jets need to fire gase and stick with darnold for another year or so or fire gase and get rid of darnold and bring in a stop gap QB for a couple of years.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Dear Mr Johnson,

Do you not care how much we are suffering?  You aditted you were wrong in retaining Mac.  Are you going to make the same mistake twice?  Seriously?

If you care anything at all for Jets fans, you will announce tomorrow morning that gase has been removed.  God help us if you don't.

Sincerely,

Jets fans in Anguish

I think Gase may quit. He feels the pressure & knows it'll get worse.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The thing that really pisses me off the most about Gase is it appears to me(and I may be wrong) that Gase approaches this situation with Darnold as though Darnold ruined Gase's career and it's basically saying sink or swim pal.  You screwed me over so I'm taking you down with me.

Darnold may have never been the answer.  I had huge doubts about him leading up to that draft.  But, as I do, I threw my full support behind him because that's just how I am.  And he showed flashes of things I thought were elite level stuff, but he hasn't been able to shake the really bad plays. But I firmly believe Gase believes that there is one way to run his offense, the way Peyton Manning did, and that's what he has asked Darnold to do.  And since Darnold hasn't done that, Gase has given up on him and certainly will not change the offense to suit him better. 

Gase must go tonight. 

• Upvote 1

I totally disagree with this unless you totally ignored the 2nd half of year one.  He has looked very good at points early in his career and has totally regressed under Gase to the point he look shot.
Draft the Qb of your choice next year and he will suffer th same fate unless gase is fired, even then he will get killed as this team has no talent anywhere on the team.
The jets need to fire gase and stick with darnold for another year or so or fire gase and get rid of darnold and bring in a stop gap QB for a couple of years.
A new qb will do fine on the team next year or darnold might do fine even. Two first round picks plus tons of cap to burn can set the ship right for success if used wisely. Our biggest problem moving forward will be the success buffalo has built if they are able to maintain it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Sam is playing terrible. Like all of a sudden the fan base has quit him.

Gase was brought here to be the guy that makes Sam our franchise.

Gase should be held accountable for failing the one job that was exclusively his (to the point he has zero accountability for the defense). 

Sam should be looked at objectively, as in, did we ruin him - and if so, how aggressively do we move on?

I think the best thing for Sam is to find a new team unless by some miracle he can start winning games here. Gase is more dangerous  to a QB than Donald. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Our dickhead owner and his idiot brother will not admit he was wrong a second time (Macagnan admission by moron number 2) and will end up having Gase ruin the next QB up too.  Meanwhile Darnold goes to a team and thrives.  That's how stupid both Woody and Chris Johnson are. Two brothers combined with less than half a human brain.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST

• Upvote 3

Gase needs to be to be let go during the season - early in the season - to see if Sam can turn it around without his negative influence.  It's the only way to scientifically isolate whether the problem is Gase, Sam, or both.  I can understand not firing him on a short week, but all bets are off come Friday.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Also, this sport and franchise are a huge let down... but if you feel you are in any way suffering, please put some energy towards different things this lost season. Find fulfillment. Football is not within our control... no point in having it affect us.

My son is 7, at 345 he asked me to take a bike ride with him . I said yes , we went on a little trail by my house , went to a park in Holbrook, threw the frisbee around ..stopped for ice cream , got home about 6. I had a great day , so happy I could cry thinking about it . To think 10 years ago I would be pacing around my house right now in disgust , like a different world . Hopefully one day I can sit down and enjoy a Jet game with my son the way I did with my dad , today was not that day . 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jolot said:

My son is 7, at 345 he asked me to take a bike ride with him . I said yes , we went on a little trail by my house , went to a park in Holbrook, threw the frisbee around ..stopped for ice cream , got home about 6. I had a great day , so happy I could cry thinking about it . To think 10 years ago I would be pacing around my house right now in disgust , like a different world . Hopefully one day I can sit down and enjoy a Jet game with my son the way I did with my dad , today was not that day . 

Yup, that’s awesome. We went apple picking. My kids are just turning 3 and 7 this fall, so they’re both in the middle of big growth/maturity phases. There’s only going to be 1-2 years we go apple picking where they voluntarily hold hands while walk about. It’s pretty great.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

totally disagree with this unless you totally ignored the 2nd half of year one. 

If you really pay attention to his good plays and ignore the overwhelming majority of bad ones, you too can think hes a good QB. Easy peasy

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CTM said:

If you really pay attention to his good plays and ignore the overwhelming majority of bad ones, you too can think hes a good QB. Easy peasy

He has a lot more bad plays now in his third year being coached by  total buffoon than he did in year one as a rookie.  those things are related.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ChuckkieB said:

Good stuff!  Enjoy the zen moments whenever they present themselves.  I had one today too - I shared a beer with my 19 year old son before the Jets game as we sat on the sofa and chatted about life and how cruel I was to make him a Jets fan!  :cheers:  

Haha, nice. My little guy (the 3 year old) has decided he is in charge of getting me beers from the cooler when we make a fire pit. He also likes to get new logs ready. He’s a trip.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, MykePM said:

Gase needs to be to be let go during the season - early in the season - to see if Sam can turn it around without his negative influence.  It's the only way to scientifically isolate whether the problem is Gase, Sam, or both.  I can understand not firing him on a short week, but all bets are off come Friday.

^this

Sound reasoning and good logic.  Therefore Woody Idiot Johnson and his dopey flunkie brother  will do the opposite. Always.

• Upvote 1