The silence is deafening

AFJF

A few years ago there were rumors swirling that the Jets were making calls to Jim Harbaugh as a potential replacement for Todd Bowles.  Almost immediately, the Jets and Christopher Johnson released a statement to deny those rumors.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812254-report-jets-plan-to-make-a-run-at-jim-harbaugh-after-firing-todd-bowles

Now with Adam Gase being rumored by two outlets (Mort and Cowherd) to be heading in to what could be his last game, it's been radio silence from the organization.

It's possible they say something publicly between now and kickoff, but they sure are taking their time about it if that's the case.

I said this the other day but the only two windows of opportunity to fire Gase in-season will be Friday (with 9 days to prepare for the following game) or the Bye Week (which isn't until Week 11).  The interesting thing is that the Week 10 game is at Miami on Nov. 15th.  Oh, the irony if Gase is fired a day after losing to the Dolphins.  I can only imagine if fans are allowed in the stadium what kind of circus we'd see from Florida Jets fans in the stands during that game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

let me ask you something; when has anything worked out the way you wanted it to with the Jets? 

What we all want - Gase out the door Friday morning

What's likely - CJ backing Gase for the season on friday morning after we beat DEN 9-3

I really wanted Mike McCarthy and when he became available, he said the only job he wanted was with the New York Jets!  Can you believe it?  Someone with a Super Bowl ring actually WANTED to coach the Jets more than any other team!  So that worked out.  You'd never think something like that would just fall into your lap.  I mean, we didn't hire him.  But man!  Mike McCarthy!  Can you believe it?  Biggest stroke of luck we've had since Parcells.  We'll always have that, anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

we HAVE to lose.

we have no choice.

Even if they win, why in the world should that matter?

"Well you see, we didn't think you were good enough to be the head coach of our football team, but then you went out and beat another winless team that had to fly East on short rest with 9 guys on IR and totally changed our minds"?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

let me ask you something; when has anything worked out the way you wanted it to with the Jets? 

What we all want - Gase out the door Friday morning

What's likely - CJ backing Gase for the season on friday morning after we beat DEN 9-3

A FickenFest? All field goal game? 

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

A few years ago there were rumors swirling that the Jets were making calls to Jim Harbaugh as a potential replacement for Todd Bowles.  Almost immediately, the Jets and Christopher Johnson released a statement to deny those rumors.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2812254-report-jets-plan-to-make-a-run-at-jim-harbaugh-after-firing-todd-bowles

Now with Adam Gase being rumored by two outlets (Mort and Cowherd) to be heading in to what could be his last game, it's been radio silence from the organization.

It's possible they say something publicly between now and kickoff, but they sure are taking their time about it if that's the case.

Is it too early to rev up the Greg Williams Band Wagon?

22 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Ownership and JD don't  really make the media rounds so not sure you will hear anything but I'm  pretty sure if asked, they would publicly deny  it so who cares?

31 minutes ago, AFJF said:

There is definitely something afoot I think they may be trying to get him before Michigan’s first game October 24. People forget that harbaugh is listed by Las Vegas as third most likely coach to get fired in Big Ten this year. he is on the hot seat because of all the Ohio State losses. it was also a rumor last year that he wanted back in the NFL. this is the perfect opportunity for him to get out before he gets fired

• Upvote 1

I think we are so bereft of talent that you trade out of the pick if it is one or two or a so called qb pick and get a bevy of picks and continue the rebuild. Skill position players and more lineman to build a fence around the qb and for once show a jet receiver that is actually open as well. Build build build and if Sam continues on this pass you are then ready for a qb. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not really "afraid" of what happens if we win. Gase is clearly gone in 2021. I'm not sure firing him now vs. later in the season makes that much of a difference.

A win would only be a stay of execution, and potentially a costly one. As @jetstream23 said above, this will be one of the better times of year to fire the coach with the extra couple days for the interim coach to prepare the team for the following week. 

With these reports all over the place now, it'll be interesting to see if the players come to play at all, or simply lie down. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not really "afraid" of what happens if we win. Gase is clearly gone in 2021. I'm not sure firing him now vs. later in the season makes that much of a difference.

It could save Sam if Gase is gone this Friday and the incoming coach actually knows how to work with Sam.

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Because they are playing a team's 3rd/4th string QB who lost their #1 WR, HOF edge rusher and might have a head coach as bad as ours. 

Erroneous.

The Jets are a complete dumpster fire. Adam gase will not turn this team around on a short week.

Sam darnold looks completely broken. He was about to cry in his post game presser. No way this team doesn't get completely embarrassed Thursday night.

here's driskels numbers against the steelersScreenshot_20200929-113416_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8c7ede844a0e5b9615621374b036f2e6.jpg

Darnold has not thrown for 250 yards once this season. 

Braxton berrios is our #1 Wr for crying out loud. 

I cant envision a scenario in which the Jets come out with a W Thursday night. Jets will get blown out and Gase will be sh*t canned. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

It could save Sam if Gase is gone this Friday and the incoming coach actually knows how to work with Sam.

I agree to a greater extent I think Sam immediately gets better by having his confidence lifted just by having Gase  out of the building. if the new coach is good that’s a plus

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Erroneous.

The Jets are a complete dumpster fire. Adam gase will not turn this team around on a short week.

Sam darnold looks completely broken. He was about to cry in his post game presser. No way this team doesn't get completely embarrassed Thursday night.

here's driskels numbers against the steelersScreenshot_20200929-113416_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8c7ede844a0e5b9615621374b036f2e6.jpg

Darnold has not thrown for 250 yards once this season. 

Braxton berrios is our #1 Wr for crying out loud. 

I cant envision a scenario in which the Jets come out with a W Thursday night. Jets will get blown out and Gase will be sh*t canned. 

Erroneous:

Jeff Driskel was so good, he got benched:

Broncos bench QB Jeff Driskel, replace him with Brett Rypien

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/27/denver-broncos-news-jeff-driskel-benched-replaced-by-brett-rypien/

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

we have to lose

no questions asked

if you root for a win, you are a ******* moron.

Best case scenario is the Jets win and they fire Gase anyway. 

Anyone who thinks that the way they root has any effect on football games is a ******* moron. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Gase is clearly gone in 2021. 

Woody Johnson: I'd like to thank the whole staff for the work they've done in an unprecedented year. This year was truly unique. The injuries around the league were record setting. Under these circumstances, we believe that Adam Gase's heroic run to 3-13 at the end of the season is enough to warrant another year for him to show what he can do. Now that I'm back, I'll begin a thorough review of all aspects of the organization to ensure we're on the right path. 

• Haha 3

Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Erroneous:

Jeff Driskel was so good, he got benched:

Broncos bench QB Jeff Driskel, replace him with Brett Rypien

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/27/denver-broncos-news-jeff-driskel-benched-replaced-by-brett-rypien/

Good luck with your bet sir. I got 100 on the broncos regardless

59 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

He's gone with a loss for sure. The situation is untenable. 

Untenable for you, not the Jets.  

No season tickets this year, so no ripped off fans.  And all NFL teams split the TV revenue equally, low ratings don’t matter either. 

The Jets are silent because they aren’t reacting to the media and pu—y SOJ fans. They are busy trying to win.  

Don’t like the rebuild?  Don’t like the coach?  You can go root for the Chargers.  They have pretty uniforms and a fancy stadium. You know, the things you care about.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

It was because Maccagnan leaked everything to preserve his own worthless ass, much of it to Manish, and now nobody leaks because Gase and Douglas put a stop to it (and Manish) and the rest of the beat writers are going for kill streaks on Call of Duty. 

51 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree. Unless this team has a miraculous turnaround Gase will be gone. Anything less than at least 6 wins and he will be fired. As of now, looks like a 1-3 win season coming up.