No coaching change no matter the outcome vs Den

Team archer

48 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't understand the thread. So this is just Connor Hughes' opinion? The guy who has been going to bat for Gase all season? OK.

or is there more info behind the paywall?

Just Connor's opinion.  He does not refer to any sources.  From the article:

https://theathletic.com/2104887/2020/09/30/breaking-down-the-keys-to-the-jets-suddenly-crucial-week-4-matchup-vs-denver/

If the Jets lose to Denver, could Gase be out?

It’s highly unlikely.

It’s going to take another complete stinker for the Jets to move on from Gase on Friday morning. If it’s a close defeat? He’s coming back. If the Jets lose a shootout? He’s coming back. If the Jets win? He’s coming back. Virtually the only thing that might change that is if the banged-up Broncos walk into MetLife Stadium and blow the Jets out, combined with a lifeless New York offense. Think the loss to the 49ers, but significantly worse. If it’s that bad, then the Jets might make a switch.

The issue with firing Gase right now, rather than at the end of the season, is that there isn’t really a succession plan in place. Yes, defensive coordinator Gregg Williams could take over. He did so in a similar role with the Browns before the Jets hired him. But New York’s defense is as much of a mess as the offense. There’s also the question of who would run the offense? Dowell Loggains is Gase’s right-hand man. It’s hard to imagine things improving under him. Linebackers coach Joe Vitt was previously the interim head coach in New Orleans in 2012, but he’s also Gase’s father-in-law, which could be a bit awkward. Running backs coach Jim Bob Cooter has experience calling plays, but there’s a reason he took an assistant job after the Lions let him go.

• Upvote 1

Normally, I’m against firing a coach this early in the season, but in this case it’s warranted.

Gase’s existence is literally destroying Darnold. He did the same thing with Tannehill and the other offensive players from Miami that played post-Gase.

The team is a mess. We aren’t just losing. We are getting destroyed, by teams with a lot of injuries. 

We need to evaluate players (especially #14) under a different viewpoint to see who is worth keeping for the new coach.

Chrissy wants to keep Gase because he rambled to the media about great Gase was and doesn’t want to be more embarrassed.

What a joke. Sacrifice our FQB even more just to save face...when you’re not even saving face. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

The Jets are DUMB!

Sam Darnold is regressing.  There is no other reason why this LOSING HC was brought here other than to bring along Sam Darnld and if Darnold is failing than .  He comes across a duofuss, so he is not an average communicator and he has FAILED at the one thing he was brought here to do!

Why is he here?

Why in the world are allowing him to harm Darnold is beyond me and if he isn't harming Darnold than Darnold should be let go cause he is AWFUL, either way this guy should be gone!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Why is he here?

Because he has great potential as a head coach, that’s why.  And finding a tough-as-nails head coach who can handle NY and stay cool where so many others have crumbled is very hard to do.  It’s been 50 years and only Parcells could handle it. 

This offensive genius myth was created by the media so they could tear him down.    Gase is a good young head coach, go find an offensive coordinator to help him, we’re set for a decade. 

SAR I

Its honestly better this way. By the end of the season they will be 3-13 or 4-12 and have a real solid shot at the first pick. Maybe far fetched, but image that they fire gase, give JBC the OC position, and they get a spark and get an extra win? That would blow. Gotta stay under 4 wins to get that #1 pick.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because he has great potential as a head coach, that’s why.  And finding a tough-as-nails head coach who can handle NY and stay cool where so many others have crumbled is very hard to do.  It’s been 50 years and only Parcells could handle it. 

This offensive genius myth was created by the media so they could tear him down.    Gase is a good young head coach, go find an offensive coordinator to help him, we’re set for a decade. 

SAR I

You truly believe that Gase is a top ten HC in the NFL?

Do you really?

I don’t.....

Sar by Gase’s demeanor alone he is the worst HC in the Division and it isn’t close!

But you are getting what you want, not what I want, so we shall see.

10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

source.gif

SAR I

I am not a hardcore follower on who is who on JN, but i know enough to see your one of the few gase supporters. I am genuinely curious what makes you think he is worth keeping? I understand he gets blamed for a couple items that are not his fault... misplaced negatives. But I really don't know what POSITIVES can truthfully be said about him as a HC. What has he really brought to the table?

It's totally fair to believe that Gase "would be" a great coach, IF he didn't have a crap roster, and injuries galore...

But i can't understand anyone saying, "HE IS " a good HC worth keeping. His results don't indicate that. Seems like a dude who believes that he has a system that overcome anything a defense can throw at it and is obsessed with it. Unable to really change or adapt the system to match his personnel, and trying to fit a square peg inside a round hole. A guy who struggles with confident, high level, big ego star players. A guy who is almost more of addicted academic of the system, than leader or motivator.  Lots of time alone, weird work habits, stubborn to a fault. Unable to figure out how to make adjustments midgame, in the heat of the moment. Just blank stares into the playbook making notes. No leadership. Just inside his own head. 

Maybe his system and offense really is really next level, and hard to defend when executed by a QB like Manning. But unfortunately, our QB doesn't seem to flourish in it, and our other personnel doesn't seem to execute it EVER. I mean, all we ever hear is that "we just need to execute better". At some point, there is something to be said about a coach his continues to run the same system with out learning how to modify it to increase its success. 

Based on his personality type, he automatically missing out on some of the things that can make a coach successful. Player communication (multiple examples of issues with this) and connection, motivating players, REAL ACTUAL EXPERIENCE etc. I mean, these are grown men he is trying to lead, all without ever playing one snap of team football. Maybe that explains some of the disconnect. 

So at the end of the day, what has he really actually shown to have you sure he is a good HC?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

"Barring something egregious" 

You mean like losing on national TV to the terrible Broncos? That qualifier gives Hughes and his "source' an out after Gase gets fired Friday. 

lol exactly.  Being outscored by a total of 57 points thru 3 weeks (easily the worst point differential in the league to date) should more than qualify as "egregious". 

Add in, say, a hypothetical blowout loss to Denver, the 2nd worst offense in the league to date, and it still wouldn't be enough?

2 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

You truly believe that Gase is a top ten HC in the NFL?

Do you really?

I don’t.....

Sar by Gase’s demeanor alone he is the worst HC in the Division and it isn’t close!

But you are getting what you want, not what I want, so we shall see.

Top 10?  No way.  We haven’t had a Top 10 head coach but once, and have been in the Bottom 10 before and since. 

The way you find a Top 10 head coach is the way Christopher Johnson is attempting it, especially the Jets who could never attract one to come here in  this condition.  

Let’s get healthy and see what happens. We have nothing to lose at this point anyway. 

SAR I

Top 10?  No way.  We haven’t had a Top 10 head coach but once, and have been in the Bottom 10 before and since. 

The way you find a Top 10 head coach is the way Christopher Johnson is attempting it, especially the Jets who could never attract one to come here in  this condition.  

Let’s get healthy and see what happens. We have nothing to lose at this point anyway. 

SAR I
Weeb

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app