well well well

3 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

I find it hard to believe the Jets will eat 5 years / $3mn after he's had basically 1 draft and also this will make it harder to hire a coach next year if he thinks the GM is a lame duck.  The Johnsons aren't that dumb. 

Uh.....

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

So wait...the Jets fire Bowles, keep Maccagnan and he is onboard when they hire Gase.

Gase turns around and gets Maccagnan fired 5 months later.

Joe Douglas is hired in part because of an endorsement from Gase.

Gase is now about to be fired 15 months later.

The Jets never liked Joe Douglas anyway.

lolJets

lindsey graham world GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Why do we even bother to listen to this.... I for one think it's nonsense, but you never know when dealing with the inner workings of the brother's Johnson minds. If this has any shred of truth, then we are in big trouble, cause while he might not have made 100% of the correct moves, I'm in the corner of believing in JD and think he's the first GM in a long time that seems to have the right plan and is actually carrying it out. Not all of his moves are going to work, but if he proves that he is right more than wrong, I'll take that over what we've had in our previous GM's that have been wrong more than right.

11 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

Why do we even bother to listen to this.... I for one think it's nonsense, but you never know when dealing with the inner workings of the brother's Johnson minds. If this has any shred of truth, then we are in big trouble, cause while he might not have made 100% of the correct moves, I'm in the corner of believing in JD and think he's the first GM in a long time that seems to have the right plan and is actually carrying it out. Not all of his moves are going to work, but if he proves that he is right more than wrong, I'll take that over what we've had in our previous GM's that have been wrong more than right.

"Why do we bother to listen to this unsubstantiated crap!"

Lists all the reasons why it may be true and we are doomed.

I dig the way you Jet fan, brah.

7 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Adam Gase isn't the only one on the hot seat at One Jets Drive. The #Jets may not be sold on general manager Joe Douglas, either. Here's the very latest from PFN Insider . http://bit.ly/2ERCaVM

That is ridiculous. He inherited a sh*t show and has had one off season. If that actually were true, no one with half a brain would want to come to the Jets.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i doubt this report since douglas hasn't even drafted a qb.  for all we know, he could have been telling CJ all along that darnold isn't the answer and that they'll need a new qb in 2021.  that would also help justify the adams trade to the owners.  

James Morgan says hello.

I don’t see where the Douglas criticism has much merit.  True that Douglas’ first draft besides Becton has yet to show much.  But the fee agents he brought in have largely played as advertised except for Perriman.  The oline players are okay talent wise but need playing time together.  And moving Leo and Adams were good moves to get draft capital.  The jets will be well positioned this next draft to get a few more good pieces.  Plus the cap space means they can go after some top tier players should they want to come to the jets.

the bottom line is there doesn’t seem to be much wrong with what Douglas is doing at the moment.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

The fact that this is absolute horsesh*t makes me question the rumors about Gase, and now has me worried.

We should really think deep about the rumor.  When was the last time a rumor came out that a HC would be fired if his team lost, mid season, that came true?  

For any team

Ever?

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I don’t throw my own scoops out there anymore for privacy purposes, but I’m jumping in here because this is just a ridiculous article.

This whole thing is 110% false.  Yes Patton was up there with Douglas. Deservedly so.  Think of it as 1A and 1B.  However, there is absolutely zero truth to Douglas being 2nd to anyone once Patton turned the job down.  There is also no truth regarding anyone in the organization souring on him either.

pauline hits on a few things but recently he's just been throwing hot takes out there to stay relevant.  Article was so jumping the gun its not even funny. 

DUDE HAS ONE OFFSEASON and he's gotta go? cmon thats a joke. 

• Upvote 2

We all know the Jets are not a well run organization  but not even the Jets are this bad to give a GM a 6 year deal and fire him in year 2. JD is going to be here for most likely 3 years at a minimum and the only way he goes away in 3 years is if he pulls an Idzik which doesn't  seem lightly

8 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, if you actually read the article, it’s basically saying Douglas would be in trouble if he didn’t fix the team with all of the draft capital he has + next year’s free agency class - but we already know that because we have upper primate brains.

So Pauline should probably STFU 

Exactly this is headline baiting.  I mean the report says, that they're not firing him this year but if the team doesn't start improving ownership won't be happy.  Well obviously that's pretty much the job of the GM.  The only interesting point here is their interest in George Paton but c'mon it only makes sense to put out multiple feelers when hiring a GM.  

“Joe Douglas was really not the Jets’ first choice to be general manager. The guy they had their heart set on was George Paton. I’m told the Jets made him an offer, but Paton did not want to come to the Jets. Number one, he didn’t want to be saddled with Adam Gase as the head coach, and number two, he’s not a big believer in Sam Darnold.”

Seems like a smart guy.  They were right to want him.

The whole NFL world knew that the Texans were also trying to hire Douglas.  It was reported everywhere.

The Jets had to interview others in case JD preferred Houston.  

So, that makes him a candidate to get the axe I year into a 6 year deal?

Nonsense 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

So Tony is saying that we just flat out offered George Paton the job? Or did he turn down an interview like he has twice already in the last decade?

Silly article. The Jets never interviewed the guy... to say he turned down an offer is stupid.

Big stretch of the truth here for clicks and drama. Joe Douglas is as strong of a candidate as any team could get 

If I remember correctly, Paton turned down an interview request.

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

That is ridiculous. He inherited a sh*t show and has had one off season. If that actually were true, no one with half a brain would want to come to the Jets.

And if the half-brains abandon us, we'll have no candidates left.