Kelechi Osemele blows out both knees on one play

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the Jets doctors passed KO when they made the trade with the raiders

if there is an original sin in the KO situation it was this 

the Jets knew about his shoulder and took him anyway and then were shocked (SHOCKED) when he wanted to get it fixed

the real crime KO perpetrated was wanting to get healthy

So in other words, you're saying that Osemele had a long pre-existing injury, that he only decided suddenly needed a non-approved surgery for it in the middle of the season right after losing out on a starting job to his superior backup?

It's at least a little encouraging to see your denseness does in fact seem to be partially just a tiresome shtick.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Harper said:

Not to be picky but I don't think "literal bazooka" means what that guy thinks it does.

How can people see a throw like that out of Mahomes and not understand just how elite he is at being a QB?  Darnold wouldn't be able to make that throw in a million years.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How can people see a throw like that out of Mahomes and not understand just how elite he is at being a QB?  Darnold wouldn't be able to make that throw in a million years.

Actually, I disagree.  Darnold can make that type of throw.  Maybe 1 out of 5 tries.  Which is probably better than a lot of QBs starting right now. Mahomes, on the other hand, makes it 3 out of 5 times and that's only one of the differences between him and everyone else.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Actually, I disagree.  Darnold can make that type of throw.  Maybe 1 out of 5 tries.  Which is probably better than a lot of QBs starting right now. Mahomes, on the other hand, makes it 3 out of 5 times and that's only one of the differences between him and everyone else.

Darnold is a terrible deep ball thrower.  He doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw.  It would get batted down by a DB.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Two NFL QBs can do their kind of elite magic:  Russell Wilson and Mahomes.  Right now, with the game on the line (like last night's), I would take Russell Wilson over any other QB.  To even mention Darnold in the same breath as Wilson or Mahomes is blasphemy and outright dumb.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Darnold is a terrible deep ball thrower.  He doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw.  It would get batted down by a DB.  

No...he's an inconsistent deep ball thrower.

https://www.nfl.com/videos/can-t-miss-play-darnold-launches-career-long-92-yard-td-to-anderson

from the 2 to the 49.  On the money. 

Look at 6, 5 and 4 from this complilation:  https://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets-quarterback-sam-darnold-s-top-10-throws-2018-season-352867

There are the throws that had us believing he was the FQB we have been waiting for.  

There are too many examples where he misses, often badly, but he can absolutely make the throws and often out of a bad stance.  

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

this board has degraded to the point where the only pleasure Jets fans have on sundays is watching former players like ex-girlfriends and rooting for them to get ugly 

KO can blow out his knees

Jamal can nurse a groin injury 

Robby can... still be ironman... 

oh and just want for the day Gase gets fired and we all celebrate like Kool N the Gang 

none of that changes the fact the Jets eat unwashed monkey parts

worse than kotite 

possibly the worst team in pro football history

So I am going to dig a little deeper here and I would like to respond.

My only real thought here is if you are eating monkey parts, them being washed or not isn't a very big factor. Monkey parts won't stay clean for long. So unless you are washing them yourself, you are probably always eating unwashed monkey parts. If you have to clean them they you are eating and essentially playing with monkey parts. 

I just don't see the washing being much of a factor in this scenario either way.

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So I am going to dig a little deeper here and I would like to respond.

My only real thought here is if you are eating monkey parts, them being washed or not isn't a very big factor. Monkey parts won't stay clean for long. So unless you are washing them yourself, you are probably always eating unwashed monkey parts. If you have to clean them they you are eating and essentially playing with monkey parts. 

I just don't see the washing being much of a factor in this scenario either way.

i just can't figure out who Gase is in this scenario. Hopefully he ends up like the guy in the gorilla suit at the end of Trading Places 

3 hours ago, Icer said:

I don't root for injuries, but its hard to feel too bad for the guy based on how last year unfolded and he publicly dragged his situation out into the press to tarnish the org.

I could not have said it better myself.  Perhaps if he was really concerned about his health, instead of how much money he can make off of anther team, then maybe he would of retired with all the millions of dollars he got from the Raiders and then the Jets.  He complained about his health, but he was good enough to go to Kansas City?

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Agree with everything you said.  Just pointing out that people use "literal" too much.  He might have a bazooka for an arm, but if he has a "literal" bazooka for an arm he would have a piece of metal military equipment surgically attached to his shoulder.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

Agree with everything you said.  Just pointing out that people use "literal" too much.  He might have a bazooka for an arm, but if he has a "literal" bazooka for an arm he would have a piece of metal military equipment surgically attached to his shoulder.

My bad, I should have quoted the tweet directly to make it more clear. 

Agree fully with you.  The word "literally" is used entirely too much.  How hard is it to say that Mahomes figuratively has a bazooka for a right arm?

4 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Two NFL QBs can do their kind of elite magic:  Russell Wilson and Mahomes.  Right now, with the game on the line (like last night's), I would take Russell Wilson over any other QB.  To even mention Darnold in the same breath as Wilson or Mahomes is blasphemy and outright dumb.

gretare than %90 of JN is stoopid blasphemers...    well said.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I hate to dispel unfounded speculation, but that type of collapse seems like it could be from weakening of tendons due to steroid abuse. Your knees should not give out like that.

Again, pure speculation, but it seems unusual.

Thats a pretty big leap. He might be a juicy slut but I've seen a guy do the exact same thing. He was running 300 yard shuttle and was a fatty. 300+, with those knees that bow inward. He was jogging and pop. Fatty went down. Coaches screaming for him to get up and stop playing it up to avoid running. Definitely wasn't on roids either. Blew out both knees. Why? Human knees aren't meant to support 300+ pounds of fat rumbling along at "high speeds". 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My bad, I should have quoted the tweet directly to make it more clear. 

Agree fully with you.  The word "literally" is used entirely too much.  How hard is it to say that Mahomes figuratively has a bazooka for a right arm?

If I see someone use the word "literally" unironically one more time, I will literally die.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, pointman said:

Thats a pretty big leap. He might be a juicy slut but I've seen a guy do the exact same thing. He was running 300 yard shuttle and was a fatty. 300+, with those knees that bow inward. He was jogging and pop. Fatty went down. Coaches screaming for him to get up and stop playing it up to avoid running. Definitely wasn't on roids either. Blew out both knees. Why? Human knees aren't meant to support 300+ pounds of fat rumbling along at "high speeds". 

Bridgewater's knee just gave out too. Not discounting what you're saying, but sometimes freak incidents just happen.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Bridgewater's knee just gave out too. Not discounting what you're saying, but sometimes freak incidents just happen.

Of course. I believe Watson was the same. But the propensity for a knee/s to collapse usually increase exponentially when you're a Fatty McFatterson living in Butterville. An Oompa Loompa waddling around on pixie sticks is usually a bad bad formula. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Kelechi Osemele found like 5 doctors to approve that Surgery 

the only doctors who didn't approve it were the Jets MDs 

also 1) the CBA doesn't say the team doctors must approve a surgery and 2) the Jets lost their grievance with KO 

they were wrong for not letting him get the surgery. they were wrong for trading for this player and PASSING the physical

and whoever started this thread gloating about another man's misfortune is the most wrong of all 

Celebrating, the injury is definitely messed up, you'll get absolutely no argument from me whatsoever.

However, last year's KO situation has not even the slightest basis in comparison to Becton by any measure at all, as you baselessly tried to claim to fit your nonsensical Jets narrative, and are now trying to run away from, as you so very often do.