Bell Released

1 minute ago, Copernicus said:

I would love to know what the Jets plan is. Are they totally tanking for Lawrence? Seems like a reckless plan. Lawrence has another year of eligibility (why would he want to come and play for the Jets). The Jets dont even hold the #1 pick at this point and lose any tie breakers with Atlanta or the Giants. If they dont get Lawrence what is the plan? 

no backup plan GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

I would love to know what the Jets plan is. Are they totally tanking for Lawrence? Seems like a reckless plan. Lawrence has another year of eligibility (why would he want to come and play for the Jets). The Jets dont even hold the #1 pick at this point and lose any tie breakers with Atlanta or the Giants. If they dont get Lawrence what is the plan? 

The combo of keeping gase and trading Jamal would suggest a major tank and rebuild through the draft.  This jibes with underspending on FA this offseason.  The only thing we’d need to see is the rest of the draft class playing reasonably well.  Bekton seems good, but seeing mims and Perine especially play well would give us all more confidence in the gm who would be using all these picks.

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don’t think so.  Gase will only be here 2 years.  Maccagnan destroyed this franchise for the 5 years when he was here and the affects are still being felt for a few years after he left.   Maccagnan torched a decade for this franchise, Gase’s affect will be gone as soon as he walks out the door.   

Plus you can bounce back from a terrible HC in a single year if you find the right guy. It takes years to recover from a horrible GM. Maccagnan set the franchise back 3-4 years and the Johnsons made it even worse with the timeline on when they fired him. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don’t think so.  Gase will only be here 2 years.  Maccagnan destroyed this franchise for the 5 years when he was here and the affects are still being felt for a few years after he left.   Maccagnan torched a decade for this franchise, Gase’s affect will be gone as soon as he walks out the door.   

Well he was supposed to turn Darnold into Brett Favre....instead 99% of this board is clamoring for your boy

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Florham Park would probably burn like that its built on old Exxon research polluted land. How fitting polluted team. 

Wow that explains a lot. Did not know that. My wife said that section of town had a faint smell to it. Like the area surrounding petroleum production facilities she grew up near as a kid in the south. Wow. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matthew007b said:

Sam's next... not because he wants to leave but Flacco is outplaying him. 

As noted by Peter King of NBC's Football Morning in America, Flacco's record against the AFC East is his best of any in the conference he's played in. He's 13-6 against those teams (. 684), including a 6-0 mark against the Dolphins.

SAR I

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

This isn’t Gase’s fault, dummies. Bell never broke a single run or run after catch in his time here. Not to mention Gase advised against signing him. Maccagnan made a bad signing. Surprising, eh? 

Yep. People don't understand that this is necessary pain we're going through. Joe Douglas is methodically purging the roster of all of Maccagnan's errors. 

It sucks for us to go through this because we've already been through hell, but it needs to be done. 

We're going to come through this on the other side flush with cash and high draft picks to rebuild the roster. Hang in there.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, pointman said:

JetNation.com has decided that it is in the best interest of the website to release Integrity28 from his posting duties here. We appreciate his contributions and wish him future success. With that said, Southernsomethingorother will be posting here full time.. still.. despite having quit. Thank you for your time. 

hahahahahahhaa

SouthernMichaelandJasonandFrank, too

reporting for duty

where do I sign?

Just now, SAR I said:

As noted by Peter King of NBC's Football Morning in America, Flacco's record against the AFC East is his best of any in the conference he's played in. He's 13-6 against those teams (. 684), including a 6-0 mark against the Dolphins.

SAR I

Whatever it takes to keep Sam safe and soundly away from an Adam Gase run offense.

• Upvote 1