Bell Released

9 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Here’s where it really gets interesting.

JD selects the players but Gase selects which players play.

JD wants the full tank and definitely wants his younger players to play but Gase needs wins to save his job and might rely on the vets.

If Gase is playing the youngsters it means that CJ told him that his job is secure.

Which is only fair really, I’m no fan of Gase and at this stage I don’t see a future for him but how can it be right that the GM emasculates him completely, totally rids the roster of anything resembling basic ability and we all subsequently slaughter the coaches? It’s the same for Gregg Williams, who we know definitively is one of the best DC’a in the business, established over many years. People who want the full tank and support the JD plan to rid the roster of everything can’t have it both ways, if that is indeed the plan then there’s a strong argument if you’re AG that this is not his fault and that he gets another shot next year

it will be unpopular as hell for sure but I can’t help having some sympathy for AG on this basis, Even though I think he’s as bad as Bowles was and is a spectacularly uninspiring and troublingly disconnected  HC who shows zero ability to utilise what little talent he has

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If Bell doesn't get signed or does and sucks will it change your mind about Gase?  

You've been pretty consistent on Gase.  I give you credit for that.  My conundrum is I hated the hire because ownership hired him.  I'm going to second guess he's being fired because ownership will eventually fire him.  

If Bell doesn’t do well elsewhere, I don’t think it changes anything for Gase. There is just too much on the negative side of the ledger. Bell doing well elsewhere would just be another nail in his coffin. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

If Bell doesn’t do well elsewhere, I don’t think it changes anything for Gase. There is just too much on the negative side of the ledger. Bell doing well elsewhere would just be another nail in his coffin. 

He will do better anywhere. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He's never had burst. He was painfully slow coming out of college. That's not his game. 

Look, he'll end up on a team and we'll see what happens.

That’s what I’m thinking. Moving to another team will be the true test if Bell is washed up or just not utilized properly. Bell has always been a patient runner and an excellent receiver out of the backfield. Two things to note: Gase rarely used him as a receiver and running him up the middle almost every play is not a good strategy when you have a crappy Oline. Off tackle Runs and and bubble screens are not in the Gase playbook. Neither were using him as a receiver. I can appreciate his frustrations. I wish him well. Here is an interesting article on Gase and former players who excelled after they left him. Some of the comments paint Gase as a real dickhead in how he treats his players and his unwillingness to utilize his players to their strengths. https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/adam-gase-jets-dolphins-player-interactions

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

This is pure conjecture. All reports about Bell seemed to indicate the opposite. He was pretty popular in the dressing room. Seems that you're just suggesting we get rid of any players with talent. Q next? WTF? You're acting like these guys are Antonio Brown. They've done nothing wrong. 

https://nypost.com/2019/10/26/jets-leveon-bell-displaying-his-leadership-through-adversity/

Doesn't really strike me as a problematic player. Between Bell's comments, Adams' comments, Robby liking Bell's posts, Mosley opting out - Maybe you should consider that it's not the players who are responsible for this atrocious culture and in fact it's the other way around. Any RB of Bell's pedigree would be rightfully furious at that sh*t on Sunday.

Do you notice a single non-Jet source praising this move? Agreeing with Gase and Douglas? This move is shambles and I'd trust accomplished professionals like Bell to get it right before a fraudulent clown like Gase. 

Read what I wrote and don't just react with passion... I even said this is my theory. 

Bell was a team player as much as he needed to be... But like a lot of star players they had their own workouts and their own thoughts how everything should be done and that was/is a problem. Maybe Gase is better fit for college... But his my way was clearly clashing with Gase. 

Whether you believe it or not, the number 1 thing JD preached over and over was changing the culture... And yes I think video game players are a part of that... Yes I think q Williams is next to go if his contract wasn't so impossible to trade. He is soft and a big gamer. 

Stop getting in such a huffy puff and realize that you have the same information as me and we each came to a different conclusion... I think that Gase has a problem with people that won't ? buy in. Most of the time the ones that can afford to not fall in line are the stars

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

For reference, an 8.6 MPH would give Bell a finishing time of 3 hours and 45 minutes for the NYC Marathon. The average finishing time for men in his age group is 4:06. 

Bell was a horrendous signing, and Gase misused him, too. He’ll do better somewhere else, that’s pretty much a given, but people thinking he’s still a star-quality RB based on what he looked like three years ago are probably gonna be disappointed. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Ghost said:

Why are we like this? This is such a sh*tty organization, from top to bottom. You cannot name me ONE positive thing about this team. 

All of the following suck: Woody Johnson, Chris Johnson, Adam Gase, PSLs, MetLife Stadium, location of MetLife stadium, our jerseys, our offense, Adam Gase, CJ Mosley, Adam Gase, Quennin Williams, our corners, Chris Herndon, Adam Gase. 

We are officially at rock bottom. It honestly cannot get any worse than this. 

Suckage says hold my beer 

11 hours ago, LockeJET said:

He still has game. If he goes to the right team he will prosper. 

](*,)      agreed.. if he goes to a team with a good OL and a real NFL head-coach... he'll be productive   8::

cheers ~ ~

:beer: 

Wish Bell the best. He always said all the right things and seemed to always give 100% effort finishing runs.

But he lost atleast 1 or 2 steps and his skills were not being used by Gase at all. It will be interesting to see how he does with a better coach that will scheme to his strengths. Not to mention his patient running style was a horrible fit with the swiss offensive line we have here with a stubborn coach.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Everything about this franchise is an utter sh*tshow, but please with Bell. He wanted his money, got it...and didnt do much after that besides be a headache.

I would note that the headache stuff all involved Gase. Ask any Pittsburgh fan, while Bell has his eccentricities and they are mad about his sitting out, when it came to practice and game-time he was a good teammate and hard worker.    

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, xboxjets said:

Wish Bell the best. He always said all the right things and seemed to always give 100% effort finishing runs.

But he lost atleast 1 or 2 steps and his skills were not being used by Gase at all. It will be interesting to see how he does with a better coach that will scheme to his strengths. Not to mention his patient running style was a horrible fit with the swiss offensive line we have here with a stubborn coach.

I've seen a lot of Steeler games because of where I live, and to the extent anyone believes that Bell was ever a fast runner, he was not. He never out ran anyone in a footrace. He was a patient runner who would linger behind his O line and find a hole after most of the defense had moved close to the line of scrimmage, so when he did find daylight, there weren't many, if any, players between him and the endzone and he would always be caught from behind. He was a lot like Curtis Martin. Foot speed was never a part of his game.

And regardless of whether he lost a step (I don't think he has) his is still a powerful runner. He got his fair share of yards against the Cards while in the grasp of numerous tacklers.

He is also remains an excellent pass blocker.

Finally, the strength of his game is as a receiver. Great route runner. Great hands. I'm confident he will have a long productive career for this reason alone.

Anyway, it is a damn shame that Gase and his brilliant offensive mind couldn't figure out a way to incorporate a player with Bell's skillset into the passing game.

Anyone else notice that since last season ended the Jets have now lost the 2 players most experienced with the concept and mindset of a winner, and the main reason they are no longer Jets is Adam Gase.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

For reference, an 8.6 MPH would give Bell a finishing time of 3 hours and 45 minutes for the NYC Marathon. The average finishing time for men in his age group is 4:06. 

Cool stat, I believe Bell has a lost a step for sure but his running style would seem to deflate a number like that. Do we know where he was during his prime?

1st I said bell should go long ago because of the line and lack of respect/use.

2nd come on Jets no pick for him really! 

3rd Sell the team to Steve Cohen here is why! we can bring the Jets back to NY and have a place where Steve can build a few restaurants' and Hotels and a night life culture around the Stadiums. Maybe some higher end Condo/townhomes near to bring cash flow in while the teams try to bring in money. Image a revised area built around the teams, it would be a year round cash flow!

4. Trade Sam at the end of the season or when ever really. No less than a late 1 or 2 two's he has value he is not as bad as we see. Turn those picks  into more line players. Add the future Trevor and build him a line and a get a good back to help him.

5. Please clean house top to bottom this culture is from the outside looking in seems really bad. No one is saying about losing our best LB I bet if you ask him he saw this before all of us. To many players now and in the past have the same complaint and if this was in the real world well we know what would happen.

6. As a coach and a 50 plus aged stud of a man lol this is the worst team ever in my opinion as I have been watching for years of Jets teams.

LETS START THE STEVE COHEN JETS FAN CLUB bring the check book Steve we need a change of culture fast!!!!!

2 hours ago, redlichtie said:

Which is only fair really, I’m no fan of Gase and at this stage I don’t see a future for him but how can it be right that the GM emasculates him completely, totally rids the roster of anything resembling basic ability and we all subsequently slaughter the coaches? It’s the same for Gregg Williams, who we know definitively is one of the best DC’a in the business, established over many years. People who want the full tank and support the JD plan to rid the roster of everything can’t have it both ways, if that is indeed the plan then there’s a strong argument if you’re AG that this is not his fault and that he gets another shot next year

it will be unpopular as hell for sure but I can’t help having some sympathy for AG on this basis, Even though I think he’s as bad as Bowles was and is a spectacularly uninspiring and troublingly disconnected  HC who shows zero ability to utilise what little talent he has

And that is what the main issue is.

We knew, heck we've know for years, that this roster is void of talent and needed a complete rebuild which unfortunately will take years.  The question is Gase.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one was going to trade a pick for his contract.  No one.  No one needed an aging RB for that price.  

I and several others have been saying that for months.  

It wasn't even the aging part, or even how much he makes this year. For part of 1 season, Douglas maybe could have gotten someone to cough up a late pick if the Jets picked up a big chunk of his remaining 2020 salary. That's exactly what happened with Leo Williams. Without eating Leo's money - which the Jets were on the hook to pay anyway - then we were probably looking at a day 3 pick for him. 

100% of the problem is that if Bell got injured, and further if he milked that injury into early March, then his 2021 season gets guaranteed at the same ungodly rate. FFS he ended his season on IR multiple times in the past, and this time around he has a heavy financial incentive to claim he's still injured through (probably day 5 of) the start of the 2021 season. 

Even if the Jets ate most of his 2020 money, no one would still give up even a 7th round pick. I'm sure Douglas tried, but that year 3 injury guarantee was a non-starter.

• Upvote 2

He has clearly lost a step. BUT it can also simultaneously be true that he was misused by Gase and Gase failed to put him in a position to use his strengths. 

Regardless of what we think will happen, we should all be praying that Bell plays great. It will show how massively misused he was by Gase. 

On 10/14/2020 at 9:15 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

I've seen a lot of Steeler games because of where I live, and to the extent anyone believes that Bell was ever a fast runner, he was not. He never out ran anyone in a footrace. He was a patient runner who would linger behind his O line and find a hole after most of the defense had moved close to the line of scrimmage, so when he did find daylight, there weren't many, if any, players between him and the endzone and he would always be caught from behind. He was a lot like Curtis Martin. Foot speed was never a part of his game.

And regardless of whether he lost a step (I don't think he has) his is still a powerful runner. He got his fair share of yards against the Cards while in the grasp of numerous tacklers.

He is also remains an excellent pass blocker.

Finally, the strength of his game is as a receiver. Great route runner. Great hands. I'm confident he will have a long productive career for this reason alone.

Anyway, it is a damn shame that Gase and his brilliant offensive mind couldn't figure out a way to incorporate a player with Bell's skillset into the passing game.

Anyone else notice that since last season ended the Jets have now lost the 2 players most experienced with the concept and mindset of a winner, and the main reason they are no longer Jets is Adam Gase.  

It will be interesting to see how Bell does in Kansas City. I personally like Bell as he was one of the few players that always played hard and fought for every yard. There were plays especially last year, where he was consistently hit 3 yards behind the line and still managed to gain 2 or 3 yards consistently.

1 hour ago, xboxjets said:

It will be interesting to see how Bell does in Kansas City. I personally like Bell as he was one of the few players that always played hard and fought for every yard. There were plays especially last year, where he was consistently hit 3 yards behind the line and still managed to gain 2 or 3 yards consistently.

He’s going to be good there.  Reid likes RB committees so he will split carries with Edwards-Helaire and get a lot of passes on 3rd down