what is better for darnol

Honest answer is that it probably depends on

1) The Jets next coach

and

2) the team he's traded to.

If the Jets hire another Gase and he's going to the Colts, he benefits from the trade. If the Jets hire a great coach and he's being traded to the Jaguars I think he's better off here.

Obviously the easy answer is getting him away from the Jets -- but I don't think any team that trades for him will be as invested in his success as the Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

is it better for Darnold to win 3 games this year and have the Jets end up picking 5th - no QB drafted and he sticks around 

OR

win zero games and have the Jets trade him to a decent team where he would compete for the starting role or be a back up.

Well the thing is he will mainly be the reason why or why not we get the number 1 pick. If he cannot muster up enough to win any of the last 10 games we get the top pick and it likely seals Darnold's fate here since JD would probably opt to pick Lawrence. But if Darnold wins some games and if we don't get the top pick Lawrence is off the table and Darnold staying with more help around him becomes the option we probably go with. You have to admit something, regardless of catching teams on a bad day, if Darnold can win any games with this poorly constructed team he definitely has something then.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, batman10023 said:

is it better for Darnold to win 3 games this year and have the Jets end up picking 5th - no QB drafted and he sticks around 

OR

win zero games and have the Jets trade him to a decent team where he would compete for the starting role or be a back up.

Hate to say because I like him and still think he can turn things around, but think it would be in his best interest to get out of this S***show.

DARNOL (Jetsblowitone Suferish*t)

Darnol is for the treatment of anal warts only.  Donal works different, by attacking the warts right up in the ass crevaces where they live.  Do not give Darnol to children or pregnant women, it could cause birth defects like Jets fandom.  Do not take Darnol with alcohol, it could cause a fatal reaction or make you change your team loyalty to the Patriots.  Side effect of Darnol are interceptions, lost dreams, broken promises, wet farts and instant painful death.  

Darnol, the drug of choice, when the warts won't wait!

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Well the thing is he will mainly be the reason why or why not we get the number 1 pick. If he cannot muster up enough to win any of the last 10 games we get the top pick and it likely seals Darnold's fate here since JD would probably opt to pick Lawrence. But if Darnold wins some games and if we don't get the top pick Lawrence is off the table and Darnold staying with more help around him becomes the option we probably go with. You have to admit something, regardless of catching teams on a bad day, if Darnold can win any games with this poorly constructed team he definitely has something then.

he's a competitor so he'll try his best but wonder if it's down to week 17 and if he makes a pass play - the jets get eliminated from TL sweepstakes.  if he misses they get TL and darnolD gets traded to another team.  Does darnolD make the throw or not.

2 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Keep Darnold and keep Gase. Trade whatever High pick we have and load up on more picks. Draft all skill positions and some new leaders in free agency. That's JD's plan.

This.

2020 is a New York Jets mulligan.  Injuries, pandemic, opt-outs, trades, it's been completely unfair to the coaching staff and quarterback.  Some birds aren't meant to be caged.

There are no season ticket invoices coming for 2021, no financial implications for Messrs. Johnson for doing the right thing and being patient.

SAR I

2 hours ago, Icer said:

Hard to say, it could be more beneficial for him financially to play well enough to earn a 2nd contract here. It's unlikely he will get that second mega contract somewhere else unless he pulls a Tannehill, and that's rare.

Anne hill was on a show me contract and only got a big contract when he show me’d the Titans into the playoffs.  As far as darnold goes, I think he needs the players to be better. I think he’s good enough to be a really decent qb.  The problem is the jets may not opt for his fifth year option if he doesn’t show more.