John Ross wants out

John Ross in Cinn a first round pick from a few years ago hasnt been able to get passes...I'm pretty sure he becomes the best Wr on the team day 1 here.

Think we should send a 4Th for him? I do. Go get him joe. Not sure how his money ? goes if we bring him here but having him would go along way with a couple high rooks next yeae.

We could do alot worse...

Go get Ross...damn Cinn is closed at the WR

32 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

hanst one 1st rnd bust wr been enough for this year?

No, no, Ross would be our designated 1st round bust WR for next year after Perriman is gone. That way, if we already have one on the roster, it'll ensure that any WR we draft in the 1st round in 2021 isn't required to automatically take that designation.

Think About It Reaction GIF by Identity

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Losmeister said:

hanst one 1st rnd bust wr been enough for this year?

Agreed.  Actually, we have already had 2 this year.  Josh Doctson opted out and Perriman. 

John Ross is a guy you pick up as a cheap FA in the offseason to give him a shot.  Not somebody a team going nowhere should waste a pick for. Pass. 

• Upvote 4

The Bengals declined Ross’ fifth year option. This is the last year of his contract. The OP is suggesting that a fourth round pick for a two month rental of a wide receiver who cannot even be active in game day for the Bengals and has 733 career receiving yards in almost three and a half seasons is a worthwhile investment.

And we think fans could be GM’s.

For what it’s worth I’d have no issue giving something like a conditional seven or a trade like Douglas has been flipping late round picks with Willis or McClendon to kick the tires on Ross for a couple months, but a fourth round pick?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

John Ross in Cinn a first round pick from a few years ago hasnt been able to get passes...I'm pretty sure he becomes the best Wr on the team day 1 here.

Think we should send a 4Th for him? I do. Go get him joe. Not sure how his money ? goes if we bring him here but having him would go along way with a couple high rooks next yeae.

We could do alot worse...

Go get Ross...damn Cinn is closed at the WR

You could probably get him for free, if anything a conditional 6th.  He hasn't shown a damn thing in the NFL.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This team has so many glaring needs wouldn't it be smart to start adding decent players this season if they become available for the right price. 

Yes, but John Ross is not a decent player.  He is a guy you sign as a cheap FA.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Tezza said:
1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:
Honestly, I am really not liking this meme. There are going to be a lot of pissed off fans if we don't get him. 

No kidding I don't know what will happen if we have 1st overall and take someone else like it's gonna be Trevor ..right?

If he comes out and will play for us, yes. People are comparing this to Joe Burrow as there was the same chatter about him in terms of being drafted by the Bengals but Burrow said early on he will play for whatever team picks him. When they asked Trevor he wasn't exactly decisive as to what he was going to do. 

1 hour ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

I'll trade a 2021 7th rounder for Ross and a 2022 7th rounder.

This is the kind of deal I'd expect them to consider.  Do we still have our 2021?  We have been trading away future 7ths in move-ups like crazy.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

This team has so many glaring needs wouldn't it be smart to start adding decent players this season if they become available for the right price. 

Don't most decent receivers have more than 2/17 by week 8?

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you think it's a good idea for a team tanking and rebuilding to trade away draft picks for "decent" players that MAY help us win meaningless games and get a worst draft pick? 

Why not wait until AFTER the season, if at all, to add "Decent" players via free agency? 

There is a reason all these teams trading away picks for players are in playoff contention and the teams falling out of it are not. 

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you think it's a good idea for a team tanking and rebuilding to trade away draft picks for "decent" players that MAY help us win meaningless games and get a worst draft pick? 

Why not wait until AFTER the season, if at all, to add "Decent" players via free agency? 

There is a reason all these teams trading away picks for players are in playoff contention and the teams falling out of it are not. 

1-2 player additions this season isn't changing a damn thing here.