***JETS V PATS OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD GET UP***

T0mShane

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Nah not at all, I just hate when people fail to really understand that what happened to Vick in his upbringing was just like everyone else, when you grow up in small towns what ever you see people doing from the time you can remember as a kid is 100% going to seem normal to you

I was just making a joke lol. Wasn't trying to make any social commentary.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

So you don’t think Ettiene at RB, Jamar Chase, Mims, Crowder, Ju Ju at WR with Becton going into year 2 Sam Darnold can’t improve to say about 68% from 60% and start helping the team win?

PS if the Jets are picking 3rd this is the most likely scenario.

Darnold is awful

just accept it

he is who he is 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

higher draft picks give you a slightly better chance, we get it.

however, losing that much is bad. 

I agree, Peyton Manning would’ve been terrible for this team (maybe made them slightly better)

Losing BAD

Winning GOOD

got it Dad, thanks

tankety tankety tank!!! ? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Man you guys still on that Vick hate train? I would never condone what that man did EVER.  But Vick was raised in a community from day 1 where this kind of dog fighting was a staple for decades if not longer.  So Vick only knows one way when it comes to this he was never educated anywhere else about it ever regardless of what some may tell you.  Vick came across as a murder with not remorse and it seemed that way because he didn’t understand why he should well until the jail, and financial repercussions.

Vick paid his debt leave the man be.

Hello Michael

54 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Nice mental gymnastics. "Against Cam Newton" my ass. Y'all flat out rooting for literally the most evil coach and team that Jets fans have ever known.

You're like a teenager mastebrating in the corner, dreaming of a playboy pinup while your current girlfriend blows the school bully. 

Did Beli spit in your Ovaltine when you were child?

34 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

JuJu or Allen Robinson would round it out nicely.  

That's what I think as well.  Add Robinson to this group and we don't absolutely need to draft a WR in the first 2 rounds.  After QB we can go RB/TE or RB/OL or even mix in a CB or Edge there and fill in the rest with the 2 round 3 picks.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I agree, Peyton Manning would’ve been terrible for this team (maybe made them slightly better)

Losing BAD

Winning GOOD

got it Dad, thanks

tankety tankety tank!!! ? 

oh, iam not tryna convince anyone, jr.

you go straight ahead and root to lose. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

How about we keep Darnold and walk away with Chase, Ettiene, and like you said top OL available in draft.  Sign Ju Ju, top CB, and top Edge rusher.  With Mims, Chase, Crowder, Ju Ju, Ettiene, and maybe bring in a good all around TE not sure who and I think the Jets while probably sacrificing some between Lawrence and Darnold but if your like me you still believe in Sam, and I love this plan.

Darnold hasn't earned the right to be back next year. He just hasn't 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, ausman said:

Long term interests.  I’ve been listening to “long term interests” for 51 years.  You can shove your long term interests.  They’re a wet dream.  

Yes lol. This is how you end up with Vernon Gholston instead of Matt Ryan. Shove it though we must beat Kansas City!

6 hours ago, Krappedetector said:

They are, but they need to believe that losing is actually GOOD in order to numb the pain, which is becoming unbearable. It is a last resort defense mechanism and understandable.

Unfortunately, it is futile and ultimately self-defeating.

I believe that the finer version of the meme ought to be that it's the WILL to WIN that's everything. BB will quit before he discards that value. And so should any fan who thinks otherwise. 

Examples of when meaningless wins have helped the team the following season.

GO!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

So you don’t think Ettiene at RB, Jamar Chase, Mims, Crowder, Ju Ju at WR with Becton going into year 2 Sam Darnold can’t improve to say about 68% from 60% and start helping the team win?

PS if the Jets are picking 3rd this is the most likely scenario.

A good team around a bottom 3 QB still leaves you with a bottom 3 QB.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

"meth kittens" lmao

Meth GIF by memecandy

Speaking of "Gase eyes".....

Well, at least we can all be glad the Pats Fa....er, sorry.....the Jets Fans Rooting For T.L., got what they wanted out of last night.

As ol' 80 said yesterday pre-game, the result last night must be the most fun you Jets Fans Rooting for T.L., have had in some time.

So at least there is that.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

0-16 gets you the #1 pick in the draft they aren’t beating anyone. 

Everyone has been saying this for weeks now and we almost beat the pats.

It is remarkably hard to go 0-16 and believe it or not no team wants to have that hung on their ass forever.

We also have late season shenanigans and injures where teams rest starters and such if there is nothing to play for.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

Honestly, Perriman might just be as good as he showed late last season now that he's healthy.  Perriman, Mims & Crowder is not a horrible WR corps if you have everything else.  Put Lawrence and Etienne on this offense with the addition of Thuney or Scherff at one OG position and a real Head Coach and I think it can score points consistently.  

And that is the quandary.  How to keep him healthy?  Looked like Perriman had actually hurt himself again last night, but was okay.

Right now, with Perriman, Darnold and Becton, looks like we're starting to put together a team which has more glass than is found in Murano, Italy. 

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I mean I can understand fans wanting lawrence but the amount of down right gleeful cheering for the pats to beat the jets is rather nauseating. for me

These weren't the "real Patriots".  Belichick wasn't losing purposely but he clearly seemed to be OK with it if it happened.  Punting on 4th & 3 from the Jets 43 earlier in the game make that very obvious.  The Patriots of old go for it there 100 % of the time.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

These weren't the "real Patriots".  Belichick wasn't losing purposely but he clearly seemed to be OK with it if it happened.  Punting on 4th & 3 from the Jets 43 earlier in the game make that very obvious.  The Patriots of old go for it there 100 % of the time.

Well that fact that your QB is Cam newton instead of brady might have something to do with that.

10 hours ago, ausman said:

Long term interests.  I’ve been listening to “long term interests” for 51 years.  You can shove your long term interests.  They’re a wet dream.  

Outside of the 1995-96 seasons, the Jets have failed to tank properly for 51 years.  

The 2 times in franchise history we picked # 1 overall, we got Joe Namath and Keyshawn Johnson.  Our Super Bowl winning QB and best player in franchise history, and a solid WR1 who we later flipped for three 1st rounders.  Not too shabby.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ausman said:

That’s an easy one.  Winning a game — especially against Belichik and getting a chance to kick him when he’s down.  You want your good young players to experience some success, not get kicked in the nuts 16 times in a row.  

And then watch as the Patriots end up picking ahead of us and grab their QB for the next 15 years.  Fun!

Is getting kicked in the nuts 14/16 times really much better than 16/16?  What the f**k is the difference?  

10 hours ago, nycdan said:

Honestly, Perriman might just be as good as he showed late last season now that he's healthy.  Perriman, Mims & Crowder is not a horrible WR corps if you have everything else.  

Amazing what WRs can do with a real QB.

We need Darnold back under center immediately if we really want this tank to happen.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Everyone has been saying this for weeks now and we almost beat the pats.

It is remarkably hard to go 0-16 and believe it or not no team wants to have that hung on their ass forever.

We also have late season shenanigans and injures where teams rest starters and such if there is nothing to play for.

Teams don't.  But I do.  

And "want" has nothing to do with it.  Sometimes teams are just THAT bad.  Even when facing a team in the Patriots that is also playing its worst football in decades, a historically bad team like the 2020 Jets can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.  

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Well that fact that your QB is Cam newton instead of brady might have something to do with that.

That and half the defense opting out before the season, Edelman being hurt, etc.

Even still.  4th & 3 at the 43 is a bread and butter situation when you have a QB like Cam that can just run for it and a D as bad as ours.

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Outside of the 1995-96 seasons, the Jets have failed to tank properly for 51 years.  

The 2 times in franchise history we picked # 1 overall, we got Joe Namath and Keyshawn Johnson.  Our Super Bowl winning QB and best player in franchise history, and a solid WR1 who we later flipped for three 1st rounders.  Not too shabby.  

Flipped for 2 first rounders, but yes, it was a good pick.

The other time we drafted #1 overall we traded back twice to avoid 2 separate HOF left tackles and instead drafted an inside linebacker who was good on the Steelers.