***JETS V PATS OFFICIAL GAME DAY THREAD GET UP***

T0mShane

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

Long term interests.  I’ve been listening to “long term interests” for 51 years.  You can shove your long term interests.  They’re a wet dream.  

I mean, short term interests are best case scenario of 8-8.  Which doesn't get you in the playoffs, so what's the actual best case scenario here?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, short term interests are best case scenario of 8-8.  Which doesn't get you in the playoffs, so what's the actual best case scenario here?

That’s an easy one.  Winning a game — especially against Belichik and getting a chance to kick him when he’s down.  You want your good young players to experience some success, not get kicked in the nuts 16 times in a row.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Yeah rooting for one meaningless game against cam Newton to keep us from getting one of the best qb prospects in history is better 

Nice mental gymnastics. "Against Cam Newton" my ass. Y'all flat out rooting for literally the most evil coach and team that Jets fans have ever known.

You're like a teenager mastebrating in the corner, dreaming of a playboy pinup while your current girlfriend blows the school bully. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, we need to root for the 8th overall pick and bring back Flacco as the starter so people like you can root for meaningless wins in November.  

We're playing chess while you're playing checkers. 

Excuse me for not recognizing your genius GM skills... from your couch.

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Correct. 

It's potential long term success vs. the abyss of meaningless wins and mediocrity. 

There is no choice. I'm not sure why people don't understand this. 

i for one always want my teams to win...  i cant root for losing....    and i know the wins would have little meaning, its just not the way i am built.

i expected us to blow it, but i wanted us to win...             

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Nice mental gymnastics. "Against Cam Newton" my ass. Y'all flat out rooting for literally the most evil coach and team that Jets fans have ever known.

You're like a teenager mastebrating in the corner, dreaming of a playboy pinup while your current girlfriend blows the school 

1 cookie now is always better than a pastry chef later 

IN YER FACE, BILL. THIS IS FER THE LAST 20 YERS!! 

• Haha 3