Let's Make A Deal!

slats

Pick one....  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one....

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2021 at 05:14 PM

Which door do you choose to build a championship roster: 

Door #1: Sewell or the QB of your choice. 

Door #2: The #5 pick, #37, and Cincinnati's #1 in 2022. 

Door #3: Pick #15, #47, a starting caliber player, SF's #1 & #2 in 2022, SF's #1 in 2023. 

It's door 3 for me unless you're in love with Fields then it's Door 1.  There is still a lot of time between then and now, we still might see the best or worst of Fields in the playoffs which could alter this decision.  If you decide Fields isnt your guy, Door 3 and bring in a vet (Winston) to truly compete with Sam.  If it's Door 3, I also wouldnt be upset with Trask or Jones in RD2/3 because I really dont think there is any drop off from Lance/Wilson like there is after Lawrence/Fields.  

I've been messing around with this in the draft forum on the simulators. The haul we could get by trading down with San Fran is potentially roster changing in 1 offseason and setting yourself up to fill the rest in 2022.  Here's just an example (no QB, build around Sam, bring in Winston).  I could have done more trade downs but to keep it simple just stuck with the San Fran trade. 

• NYJ
    DeVonta Smith
    WR Alabama
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

• NYJ
    Najee Harris
    RB Alabama

• NYJ
    Derion Kendrick
    CB Clemson
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Chazz Surratt
    LB North Carolina

• NYJ
    Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

• NYJ
    DJ Daniel
    CB Georgia

• NYJ
    Obinna Eze
    OT Memphis

• NYJ
    Alec Lindstrom
    OC Boston College

• NYJ
    Charlie Kolar
    TE Iowa State

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa

• NYJ
    Jack Anderson
    OG Texas Tech

• 2022 SF 1st
  • 2022 SF 2nd
  • 2022 SF 3rd

• Upvote 3

I went with Door #2, adding two valuable picks and still being in the QB game at #5. 

Door #3 is intriguing, though. The idea of SF trading up for a bust QB would make those next two years worth of picks an amazing haul. Picking in the late 20s or later wouldn't have quite the luster, lol. Still, this is the one that gives them three #1's in 2022, and two in 2023, giving them a ton of ammo to trade up for a QB in 2022 if they chose to pass this year. 

Don't know how anyone can look at that and think the OT at #2 is the best way to improve the team. I understand it if you go QB, but you really need to be right on the QB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

It's door 3 for me unless you're in love with Fields then it's Door 1.  There is still a lot of time between then and now, we still might see the best or worst of Fields in the playoffs which could alter this decision.  If you decide Fields isnt your guy, Door 3 and bring in a vet (Winston) to truly compete with Sam.  If it's Door 3, I also wouldnt be upset with Trask or Jones in RD2/3 because I really dont think there is any drop off from Lance/Wilson like there is after Lawrence/Fields.

I closed this poll in a week because things will change a lot in the next weeks and months. 

If they opt to pass on a QB this year, Winston is the guy I look to bring in, too. Sam has lost his confidence, but I don't think Winston knows how to do that. If Darnold is ever going to have any success in this league, anywhere, he needs to get that gunslinger mentality back without trying to win the game all at once on every play. 

5 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

I picked door #1. Take Sewell and have a monster o line. I have a hunch though that JD is going to trade out. It’s his nature to hoard picks.

I honestly believe that there's about a 0% chance that JD takes Sewell at #2, and that's about what the chances should be. 

I think the jets may be able to have their cake and eat it too.  They could potentially trade back to 4 or 5, get extra picks and still get a qb they like.  And i think that selling this trade back scenario to other teams means they’re going to have to market and probably trade darnold before the draft so teams know they’re serious about taking one.  

Atlanta, Carolina and Denver will be in the qb trade up market.  Don’t count out elway, he still hasn’t found his guy and i imagine he’ll be itching to trade up.  So yeah, i think douglas will be able to trade back, and at this point i think he would do it rather than take a qb at 2, unless he absolutely loves Wilson or fields.  

Today, I’m predicting that he trades back to 4 or 5, and takes the risk that he can still get a qb.  I doubt any new hc will want to keep Sam to groom.

52 minutes ago, slats said:

Door #3: Pick #15, #47, a starting caliber player, SF's #1 & #2 in 2022, SF's #1 in 2023. 

I'd like to come away with Sewell and G Trey Smith in this draft. Trey next to Becton would be beastly.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TNJet said:

I'd like to come away with Sewell and G Trey Smith in this draft. Trey next to Becton would be beastly.

You OL guys can be a little extreme. Really think this is a worst case scenario that will never play out. JD will make one big FA splash on the line (Thuney?) and then he'll have at least 4 or 5 more picks in the top 100 to fill out the OL without spending the #2 on one. Trading down, obviously, would give him even more options. 

43 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've been messing around with this in the draft forum on the simulators. The haul we could get by trading down with San Fran is potentially roster changing in 1 offseason and setting yourself up to fill the rest in 2022.  Here's just an example (no QB, build around Sam, bring in Winston).  I could have done more trade downs but to keep it simple just stuck with the San Fran trade. 

• NYJ
    DeVonta Smith
    WR Alabama
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

• NYJ
    Najee Harris
    RB Alabama

• NYJ
    Derion Kendrick
    CB Clemson
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Chazz Surratt
    LB North Carolina

• NYJ
    Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

• NYJ
    DJ Daniel
    CB Georgia

• NYJ
    Obinna Eze
    OT Memphis

• NYJ
    Alec Lindstrom
    OC Boston College

• NYJ
    Charlie Kolar
    TE Iowa State

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa

• NYJ
    Jack Anderson
    OG Texas Tech

• 2022 SF 1st
  • 2022 SF 2nd
  • 2022 SF 3rd

DeVonta Smith just won AP college football player of the year. Seriously doubt he drops to 15 now.. But like this draft anyways.

46 minutes ago, JiF said:

• NYJ
    DeVonta Smith
    WR Alabama
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Creed Humphrey
    OC Oklahoma

• NYJ
    Najee Harris
    RB Alabama

• NYJ
    Derion Kendrick
    CB Clemson
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Chazz Surratt
    LB North Carolina

• NYJ
    Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

• NYJ
    DJ Daniel
    CB Georgia

• NYJ
    Obinna Eze
    OT Memphis

• NYJ
    Alec Lindstrom
    OC Boston College

• NYJ
    Charlie Kolar
    TE Iowa State

• NYJ
    Tyler Linderbaum
    OC Iowa

• NYJ
    Jack Anderson
    OG Texas Tech

• 2022 SF 1st
  • 2022 SF 2nd
  • 2022 SF 3rd

Love that draft GOOD WORK....  I especially like it if the 1st 3 picks work out that way for this team...

1 hour ago, slats said:

This poll sucks. There should be nothing behind any of those doors except a trip to Tahiti so we can all get the hell out of here before the pain starts.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ben Had said:

I don't see any teams wanting to trade up in the top 10 this year. More than 3/4 are in cap hell... 

Jets will be in the opposite of cap hell, and could take an expensive contract off another team's hands as part of a package of picks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

At the end of the day I think it really comes down to how you feel about the QBs. 

I'm ready to move on from Sam, and if you really like Fields I think you just pull the trigger at 2. Possibly the same for Wilson, although I think there's a possibility you could get him at 5 which makes the 2nd option appealing. I'd probably go with Door 1.

That said, Door 2 is pretty damn appealing, especially given that is is entirely possible the Bengals 2022 first rounder is a top ten pick.

I don't see the 9ers giving up that kind of draft capital.

25 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

That said, Door 2 is pretty damn appealing, especially given that is is entirely possible the Bengals 2022 first rounder is a top ten pick.

I don't see the 9ers giving up that kind of draft capital.

Really just wanted to illustrate no trade, small move, larger move, and get people's thoughts. I expect there to be a very strong market for the pick. These options are just rough equivalents using the draft pick trade chart. We all know that if someone's in love with a QB that these packages could be much larger when all is said and done. 

11 minutes ago, slats said:

Really just wanted to illustrate no trade, small move, larger move, and get people's thoughts. I expect there to be a very strong market for the pick. These options are just rough equivalents using the draft pick trade chart. We all know that if someone's in love with a QB that these packages could be much larger when all is said and done. 

Right, I get it.

The #2 pick has tremendous value -- whatever we do with it should be a franchise altering decision.

Decision would really be much easier if Darnold didn't stink.