Jets HC interview requests

1 minute ago, mrcoops said:

Daboll has done a very good job with the Bills' O, but I do wonder about his personality as a potential HC candidate.

He just seems like a fairly low-key, soft-spoken guy. Whether he has the dynamic leadership qualities required of a head coach is a big question for me.

Everyone is on Daboll’s jock but I don’t know.  He has a lot of talent to work with

Just now, mrcoops said:

I think Eberflus is a real sleeper. Has paid his dues and seems like a real leader of men. I wouldn't be opposed to him at all.

Eberflus built that D in Indy from scratch

i think the two best available guys are him and Saleh both DCs

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I think Eberflus is a real sleeper. Has paid his dues and seems like a real leader of men. I wouldn't be opposed to him at all.

Agree, I like him. He comes across well in interviews, and fits a lot of the criteria Douglas seems to be looking for, the CEO-type, passionate, leader, strong communicator, develops younger players, etc. Rams DC Staley sounds like he is cut from the same cloth, but less experienced. 

I think Douglas will make, or has made an initial play for one of the college guys (Campbell. Fitz). If nothing materializes from that then I could see either Eberflus getting the gig. Based on nothing but a gut feeling, I think if we go down the co-ordinator route, it will be a DC (Eberflus, Saleh, Staley, Martindale). They seem to fit the profile of a culture-changer more than the OC guys, Daboll, Smith, Bienemy, etc.  

• Upvote 3

So with the completion of Saleh’s interview here is where we stand.. Sunday we interview Matt Eberflus & then Aaron Glenn early next week.

Interview requests:

• Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy 

• Titans OC Arthur Smith

• Bills OC Brian Daboll

• Colts DC Matt Eberflus 

• Rams DC Brandon Staley 

• Giants DC Patrick Graham 

Saints Secondary Coach Aaron Glenn

• 49ers DC Robert Saleh

• Marvin Lewis

• Florida Gators HC Dan Mullen

Interviews completed:

• Marvin Lewis

• 49ers DC Robert Saleh

Signed with other teams:

• Giants DC Patrick Graham - back to NYG

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Saw this on uSTADIUM.

E49FFB8B-B91C-429E-8DD5-4BC193DABB18.png

If the Jets have contacted and gotten a hold of Matt Campbell...they have done a masterful job of keeping it quiet.

I don’t want to have my heart broken ? .

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Don’t follow college football, what’s the story with Campbell? What makes him a candidate above the rest? How does he separate himself from the other candidates? TBH, I know nothing about him except he coaches at Iowa State

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Wasn't his name being bandied about before the Enola Gay bombed Florham Park with the Adam Bomb?

10 minutes ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Isnt uStadium a joke and horribly unreliable source of info?

They’re mostly an aggregator.  The source in this instance is Aaron Wilson, a very well connected reporter.

Now that we have a leak that will cause discussion, it would not shock me at all to see Campbell’s name get confirmed OR him squash the rumors and formally turn down all interviews.  The last thing he’s gonna want is his recruits thinking he’ll leave, especially if this isn’t true.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Don’t follow college football, what’s the story with Campbell? What makes him a candidate above the rest? How does he separate himself from the other candidates? TBH, I know nothing about him except he coaches at Iowa State

Ask Warfish. 

42 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He is a real culture builder and has taken a couple of colleges on the real down side and has rebuilt the team to great success.  His teams out perform their talent levels.  He would be a similar style candidate to matt rhule.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Interview requests:

• Titans OC Arthur Smith

• Bills OC Brian Daboll

• Colts DC Matt Eberflus 

• Rams DC Brandon Staley 

• Giants DC Patrick Graham 

Saints Secondary Coach Aaron Glenn

• 49ers DC Robert Saleh

• Marvin Lewis