2021 NY JETS/NFL FREE AGENCY DRAFT TRADES RUMORS HAPPENINGS ***

1 minute ago, clayton163v said:

Not me.  I want to continue to get younger.  Interior offensive lineman can be had in the later rounds.  Guys like Zeitler make sense for teams that are making a playoff run.  I wish we were ready to do that.  By the time we are ready to compete, he will be done.  As Parcells liked to say: "you are what your record says you are".  

What does that quote have to do with this?  Are Alex Lewis, Greg Van Roten, or Dan Feeney part of the future of this team?  Zeitler is better than any of them.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Yeah but we picked LT last year and even as important as LT is, we are first not drafting another LT, and QB is infinitely more valuable so we will take QB. And Wilson is clearly better an more highly regarded than Fields and Lance. WE are not taking Sewell.

Look, I respect your view.  But Sewell is not just a left tackle.  He is gold jacket territory.  You cannot pass on the more highly rated player.  It's not close.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, clayton163v said:

Look, I respect your view.  But Sewell is not just a left tackle.  He is gold jacket territory.  You cannot pass on the more highly rated player.  It's not close.

When you already have a left tackle, you pass on the left tackle.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, chad2coles said:

What does that quote have to do with this?  Are Alex Lewis, Greg Van Roten, or Dan Feeney part of the future of this team?  Zeitler is better than any of them.

The guys we draft will be better options.  Maybe not this year, but in two years?  For sure.

If Zeitler is so good, why was he beaten out by the Giants 5th round pick Shane Lemeiux?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, heymangold said:

When you already have a left tackle, you pass on the left tackle.

Not when you have a sure thing staring you in the face.  You cannot overthink it.  Just take the BAP.  If we are offered fair value, then take it.  Otherwise it is an easy call.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clayton163v said:

Not when you have a sure thing staring you in the face.  You cannot overthink it.  Just take the BAP.  If we are offered fair value, then take it.  Otherwise it is an easy call.

There’s no value in taking a LT there if you already have one. Especially if you need a QB, always take a QB. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, clayton163v said:

The guys we draft will be better options.  Maybe not this year, but in two years?  For sure.

If Zeitler is so good, why was he beaten out by the Giants 5th round pick Shane Lemeiux?

He wasn’t. He started 16 games last year, but was cut for cap reasons. The Jets can draft players AND sign good players. They need a lot of talent and Douglas will be lucky to get 3 starters out of his first draft. 

17 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree very sad situation this kid got an opportunity many dream of getting. 

Hope he can fix it before something tragic happens. 

I don't wish bad on people, but if I hear about him being arrested or worse in the next year I will not be shocked.

Hope he gets his life together.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure if this was posted yesterday -- probably was but I am not going back through this 195 page thread to find it-- but I really like this kid.  "Can I not answer that questions.  Is that allowed?"

good for him..I'm a JET now..Lets roll

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Lith said:

Not sure if this was posted yesterday -- probably was but I am not going back through this 195 page thread to find it-- but I really like this kid.  "Can I not answer that question? Is that allowed?"

Dude is smart. Great answer. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

All he has to do is get 10+ sacks.

I’d bet good money that the sterling Jets PR staff put a warning next to the caption where it read “Rich Cimini” and that’s what threw him off, too. Always been a nuisance of mine how minor-league the Jets are in that respect. 

• Upvote 4