For fun, because I had a dream this trade happened.

Mazz

Would you hate or like the idea of this transaction.

Atlanta Falcons receive

Jets Round 1 Pick 2 

Round 5 pick

New York Jets receive

Atlanta Round 1 Pick 4

Matt Ryan 

I wouldn't mind Matt and Sam fighting for the spot next year with likely Sam sitting and playing under him for a year while we draft a solid team to get back to the playoffs. If Sam makes big strides in preseason or if Matty Ice goes down, than at least we have him evaluated prior to next years draft. The other option is trade Sam for a 2, after we make the trade and have Matt Ryan start.

My entirely subjective opinion on the rookie qb's coming in are that I'm just not interested. I'm so sick of these atrocious seasons year after year that I feel we need a massive number of quality skilled players. Watching a new QB in a new system next year will be another year of slight hope and failure all together. I want a solid foundation of players to bring in. You dont need a superstar to QB a team. I was around when Vinny joined and together with Keyshawn and Chrebet our stud RB Martin and our dominant OLine we nearly and perhaps should have went all the way. If you have a great enough team you just need solid consistent QB play. 

Off topic but my first game watched was the shootout between Marino and O'Brien I believe 86 or 87, that game hooked me forever on this team. 

• Thumb Down 3

27 minutes ago, Mazz said:

Atlanta Falcons receive

Jets Round 1 Pick 2 

Round 5 pick

New York Jets receive

Atlanta Round 1 Pick 4

Matt Ryan 

I wouldn't mind Matt and Sam fighting for the spot next year with likely Sam sitting and playing under him for a year while we draft a solid team to get back to the playoffs. If Sam makes big strides in preseason or if Matty Ice goes down, than at least we have him evaluated prior to next years draft. The other option is trade Sam for a 2, after we make the trade and have Matt Ryan start.

My entirely subjective opinion on the rookie qb's coming in are that I'm just not interested. I'm so sick of these atrocious seasons year after year that I feel we need a massive number of quality skilled players. Watching a new QB in a new system next year will be another year of slight hope and failure all together. I want a solid foundation of players to bring in. You dont need a superstar to QB a team. I was around when Vinny joined and together with Keyshawn and Chrebet our stud RB Martin and our dominant OLine we nearly and perhaps should have went all the way. If you have a great enough team you just need solid consistent QB play. 

Off topic but my first game watched was the shootout between Marino and O'Brien I believe 86 or 87, that game hooked me forever on this team. 

If The Falcons go for such a low return on Ryan then I would definitely do this as I think Ryan still has 2 years of above average QB play in him. Build o line and get some dynamic offensive players this year and we would be viable playoff contenders this season. 

• Upvote 1

I have read posts here ( not in this thread naturally) advocating to bring Fitzpatrick back as the QB of the Jets but no to Ryan who is head and shoulders above Fitz. For such a low cost of a better qb don’t understand the logic since I am very optimistic about playoff chances this year if Ryan is acquired ( not as optimistic if Sam is the starter ) since I feel that JD will get the o line fixed and bring in some excellent offensive skill players given all the picks and money he has at his disposal  Now I don’t do this trade if it cost what the Rams gave up fir Stafford

48 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Sounds good, Ryan is good enough to get to the Super Bowl, get a lead and choke it away. He's the QB Jet fans deserve. 

Wouldn’t put that loss in Super Bowl entirely on Ryan very very questionable play calling during second half and defense collapsed as well 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Mazz said:

Atlanta Falcons receive

Jets Round 1 Pick 2 

Round 5 pick

New York Jets receive

Atlanta Round 1 Pick 4

Matt Ryan 

That’s somewhat similar to my dream.  I dreamed we traded a sixth round pick for Mahommes.  There I was at opening day but instead of Mahommes at QB it was Groucho Marx!  Our starting RB was Al Lewis (Grandpa Munster), the lollipop kids were our WR and Bette Midler was our head coach.

And somehow we beat Tampa Bay 51-1.

On 2/23/2021 at 2:32 PM, Mazz said:

Atlanta Falcons receive

Jets Round 1 Pick 2 

Round 5 pick

New York Jets receive

Atlanta Round 1 Pick 4

Matt Ryan 

Are you sure this wasn't a nightmare that you had?  A dream is usually something good, or at least not bad, right?

On 2/23/2021 at 2:32 PM, Mazz said:

Atlanta Falcons receive

Jets Round 1 Pick 2 

Round 5 pick

New York Jets receive

Atlanta Round 1 Pick 4

Matt Ryan 

Was that a nightmare?