Report: Keanu Neal Choosing Between Jets and Cowboys

13 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

keanu reeves 90s GIF

He probably has a better chance of being related to Lorenzo Neal than to Keanu Reeves, lol. 

Ha, as a side-note, I got all excited over RB Benny Snell. I said I'll eat my hat if he's related to Matt Snell,  one of my favorite all-time Jets. It turns out that he is: Benny Snell is Matt Snell's great-nephew. Not a Jet, what a world. : /

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yeah, I didn't know anything about him.  Makes sense for sure.  We need speed at LB.  

I would very much like this move if we can get him.

He’s flashed from his first day. Adams without the mouth. Can’t stay on the field, nasty injuries.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, jetophile said:

He probably has a better chance of being related to Lorenzo Neal than to Keanu Reeves, lol. 

Ha, as a side-note, I got all excited over RB Benny Snell. I said I'll eat my hat if he's related to Matt Snell,  one of my favorite all-time Jets. It turns out that he is: Benny Snell is Matt Snell's great-nephew. Not a Jet, what a world. : /

How'd the hat taste?

If he signs with the Jets, not only is he familiar with the coach but he played college ball at Florida with both Marcus Maye and new Middle LB Davis.  Having that familiarity with the the other players would be beneficial on the field.  He seems like the guy that can cover the TE if necessary 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This would be such a good signing. Tough and fast to the point of attack.

10 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

If he signs with the Jets, not only is he familiar with the coach but he played college ball at Florida with both Marcus Maye and new Middle LB Davis.  Having that familiarity with the the other players would be beneficial on the field.  He seems like the guy that can cover the TE if necessary 

In addition the confusion Saleh/Ullbrich could throw at QB's would be
fun to watch.  Because if Maye, Neal and Davis are on the field at
the same time they are inter-changeable, that's how you run traps and
get INT's

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, jetophile said:

How was the hat?

14 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

He's a pretty solid player across the board. He'd be a nice WLB for us. He played under our new defensive coordinator. 

Nice hoops win for the Knights!  The last 5 mins scarred the crap out of me. Is there only set offense the 3 point shot? Baker and Harper jr. have to cool it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, section314 said:

Nice hoops win for the Knights!  The last 5 mins scarred the crap out of me. Is there only set offense the 3 point shot? Baker and Harper jr. have to cool it.

Big win for the program!

Harper Jr. was driving me crazy with all of his poor shots last night. It's gonna be tough against Houston.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

You guys are getting too excited about this. This now means he’ll be going to the cowboys. 

Next to zero chance we sign him. The only reason this was leaked is Neal’s agent is looking to drive up the Cowboys offer. So unless JD has a substantially better deal in the table and Jerry doesn’t budge, I can’t see Neal signing here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

In addition the confusion Saleh/Ullbrich could throw at QB's would be
fun to watch.  Because if Maye, Neal and Davis are on the field at
the same time they are inter-changeable, that's how you run traps and
get INT's

On THIS team, this is how you get INT's.

21 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Big win for the program!

Harper Jr. was driving me crazy with all of his poor shots last night. It's gonna be tough against Houston.

Yes, but Rutgers has played as good, if not better teams this year. By the way, that guy Simms on Clemson looks like a lottery pick. Special kid.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

When we hear about a player rumored to have interest in/from the Jets but not yet signed it has pretty much always gone the other way because it was a leak from the agent to use the Jets' wallet as leverage with the other team.  Maybe this time it will be different?

This is when my rabid Jets fan friend, Vinnie, and I, sing our Jets mantra. It's a fckn staple, haha:

• Haha 1

Oh Please...Oh Please !
I am a NJ transplant that ended up in the Atlanta area over 20 years ago. I have learned to watch a long of SEC football on Saturday and Falcons on Sunday. And yes, I am an original Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket customer when they started in the early 1990s. Kneau is a rare player that you don’t hear trashy things about. He put the time in to Rehab back to back career threatening injuries. He is one of my favorite Falcon players because of his Guts and Good Play. He never runs away from making a tackle. Technically sound with good instincts. I’m not sure what is his asking price, but if it is reasonable, he is a “Must Sign”. He just may be effective as a WOLB. Or great insurance as a Safety. He seems to be the type of player who doesn’t bitch ... just does what the Team needs him to do.
Imagine that...a player with CHARACTER and ABILITY.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

I hear you LAD but my concern with Neal at WLB (we should be so lucky) is slightly different. I assume that Mosely or another Bart Scott type will be in the middle (yes, Bart was a 3-4 but you get the idea). My concern is if there are two tight ends (or one and an extra tackle or any other situation in which there are seven big offensive players on the LOS) Jarrad Davis is big enough but how would Neal not be taken off the field?

1 hour ago, ManCave Analyst said:

Oh Please...Oh Please !
I am a NJ transplant that ended up in the Atlanta area over 20 years ago. I have learned to watch a long of SEC football on Saturday and Falcons on Sunday. And yes, I am an original Direct TV NFL Sunday Ticket customer when they started in the early 1990s. Kneau is a rare player that you don’t hear trashy things about. He put the time in to Rehab back to back career threatening injuries. He is one of my favorite Falcon players because of his Guts and Good Play. He never runs away from making a tackle. Technically sound with good instincts. I’m not sure what is his asking price, but if it is reasonable, he is a “Must Sign”. He just may be effective as a WOLB. Or great insurance as a Safety. He seems to be the type of player who doesn’t bitch ... just does what the Team needs him to do.
Imagine that...a player with CHARACTER and ABILITY.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

I too have been held hostage by Directv since the early 90's. So happy to hear the new broadcast deal cuts Directv out. If it's steaming through Amazon then that's OK. But I hope they open it up to all platforms - steaming and cable.

22 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Now that we've brought up the size of the 4-3 lbs, a huge need is a space eating 2 down DT. That MLB has to be kept clean at all cost?

Not the way Saleh played it. If 2019 is Saleh’s ideal, then Saleh wants 1-gappers collapsing the front, forcing hesitation and read and react LBers that get through gaps fast.