Zach Wilson Pro Day

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

This is the sentiment from this past weekend. If Jets trade, they're not moving out of the top 10, and they want FMV. 

The 49ers just crystalized what FMV for #2 is: at least 3 first-round picks and a third-round pick. Chances are Douglas wants 3 first-round picks and a second-round pick from the Panthers, if they're unwilling to go there, they'll take Zach and trade Sam... getting fair market value for Sam is much easier to accomplish than getting it for #2. How many people are going to top what SF just established?

Would you still put the odds that the jets trade out of 2 and keep darnold at 60/40 after the pro day and the trades?

• Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Cp561 said:

Sorry man but he can fling the rock. Does a good pro day mean he will be a great qb? Nope, but he has an arm and can make the throws at the very least

I’d hope he can make the throws. QBs that can’t “make the throws” aren’t first round prospects 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You can catch it when a legion of ppl who don’t watch these guys in college allow puff media pieces air understand context/situational factors run wild their dreams and hot takes.

We've all seen Wilson's college tapes and most of us are of sober mind. Your ego is a sight to see. Why don't you pull out your old takes on Mahomes to really tell us how knowledgeable you are. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, BroadwayRay said:

We've all seen Wilson's college tapes and most of us are of sober mind. Your ego is a sight to see. Why don't you pull out your old takes on Mahomes to really tell us how knowledgeable you are. 

My ego? Wtf does that have to do with anything. I don’t pretend to have all the answers. AND I just said I have the worst case of pushing back. Basically saying I’m awful for that. 

36 minutes ago, football guy said:

This is the sentiment from this past weekend. If Jets trade, they're not moving out of the top 10, and they want FMV. 

The 49ers just crystalized what FMV for #2 is: at least 3 first-round picks and a third-round pick. Chances are Douglas wants 3 first-round picks and a second-round pick from the Panthers, if they're unwilling to go there, they'll take Zach and trade Sam... getting fair market value for Sam is much easier to accomplish than getting it for #2. How many people are going to top what SF just established?

I would think JD could have gotten this from the 49rs. I would think the 49rs know the Jets are taking Wilson 

Just think hes keeping the pick and that means Wilson is their pick

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

3 1st rounders

2 2nd rounders, 1 this year, 1 next year

2 3rd rounders

This would be what would take for us to trade out

So basically the #2 alone could get Watson if he wasn't having some issues.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

It’s the “pushing back” syndrome. No one has a worse case of it than me. You can catch it when a legion of ppl who don’t watch these guys in college - run wild their dreams and hot takes

none of that means Wilson won’t be great or won’t be the pick, but I get it. Look no further than JN the week after Fields played Clemson and the week after he played injured in the NATTY 

to be fair we have a reason/right to roll eyes.  

But to be fair Paradise .. some of us do watch the games and do follow whats happening ... and still form our own opinions.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, football guy said:

A slight twist on this.  What if the SF compensation to Miami HADN'T looked that great?  What if the comp was swapping this year's 1sts, a 2nd this year and a single 1st next year?  To me, that would lock the Jets into #2 even harder because teams would use that SF trade as the template and probably wouldn't go a lot more, reducing the chances JD would trade out for that kind of value.

While the SF trade makes it unlikely any team and meet the Jets asking price, a lesser value SF trade would have set the bar lower for the comp at #2.  After JD just traded a loudmouth Safety for two 1sts in the third year of his rookie contract I think Joe expects a lot.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Why?

Eat him alive?

If the Jets draft him they're going to start him day 1 and I don't think the roster as currently constructed will be enough to break in a rookie QB successfully. Rather let Darnold take the beating for another year. Look at the defenses in this division, they're no joke. Our OL is still in shambles, skill positions are still lacking at best. I don't see Wilson or any other QB coming in this year and thriving. Carolina, Atlanta etc have way more talent on offense to support a young QB.

If we draft another QB and he struggles for a year or two this fanbase is going to go wild. Jets fans are probably the most restless and impatient fans in the league at this point. 10 year playoff drought, twice as long as the next closest team. We want our QB but more importantly we need to start winning. If this team starts 0-7 again it doesn't matter who the QB is, they're getting booed every home game. I don't know Wilson personally but you wonder what kind of mettle he has and if he can hold up to the scrutiny is he doesn't ball out from day 1.

I think the guy is super talented but I'm just not sure if the Jets are the right fit. Maybe draft him and sit him for a year, I just don't think a rookie QB is the way to go for this season.

Can someone in the Zach Wilson Pro Day thread please point me to a summary of what he did and how he fared? Busy at work today and lost track of time. I'm assuming it's already over.

I've been a Fields guy for a long time and can't wrap my head around Wilson for certain reasons, but I don't want to turn a blind eye to anything. Would love to hear how he did - preferably from someone who hasn't spent the last 2 months ruining every thread by telling us all that we're terrible people for not loving him from the start.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I would think JD could have gotten this from the 49rs. I would think the 49rs know the Jets are taking Wilson 

Just think hes keeping the pick and that mean Wilson is their pick

Yes, but he does not want to move out of the top 10. 

Anyway, in a group chat with the Jets people and they're saying after the 49ers trade the only way the Jets move down is for 3 first-round picks, a second-round pick, and possibly more from the Panthers

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

My ego? Wtf does that have to do with anything. I don’t pretend to have all the answers. AND I just said I have the worst case of pushing back. Basically saying I’m awful for that. 

You don't see it, but you're repeatedly calling people who like Wilson unqualified to make that judgment. The post I quoted was a perfect example.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

But to be fair Paradise .. some of us do watch the games and do follow whats happening ... and still form our own opinions.

Of course. I’m just pointing out to Max that reaction of Sec101 was more of push back thing that happens in any situation in life when pop opinion is suggestible and there’s a propensity to have herd mentality... @BroadwayRay

• Upvote 2