Zach Wilson Pro Day

26 minutes ago, Jetlife33 said:

Why do people say this in trades (some fans here did the same thing when we traded up with Colts for Darnold)?

49ers GAVE UP 2 1sts (2022 & 2023 (which are valued as 2nd rounders this year) and a 3rd rounder (2021) to SWAP places going from 12 to 3.

They DID NOT give up 3 1st round picks. Net loss of 2 1st round picks (3 picks in total).

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Mormons and evangelicals snipe each other 

Wilsons not really on Rhules personal board and not the Texans either. Just my 2 cents.

On the other hand, Wilson is probably the best player Andy Reid has ever seen. 

Postulating This might seem like I have a bias against the LDS, I certainly don't. I'm like George Carlin I worship the sun and prey to Joe pesci. What a person believes should be their own business. 

but often, these religious groups within the league function like the masons or the elks: a great way to make sure that there's always a job available. 

Lucy in the Diamonds with Sky.  

• Haha 2

Besides his arm talent which is immense, he comes off smug and he's a little bit of a wiseass but he's obviously very intelligent and I like that.

Modern-day New Age QB.

Digging deeper he's rich. So why is he doing this and is he going to lead with his chin when he gets the team to the playoffs and opposing defenses are headhunting? In other words what is driving him?

To be perfectly honest he really is slight of frame and if I posted a picture of my eleven-year-old twins they look exactly like him. In fact I would bet money that my seventeen-year-old would kick this kids ass in a fist fight.

I would say he comes off smarter than Sam, and definitely has a better arm, but sometimes new things aren't better they're just new. I'm really 50/50. I want to see how Fields looks next week.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

I'm just happy Jeremiah finally just admitted, "yeah there were some deep misses".

They seemed to ignore them as they happened. 

The same few receivers running all of the routes, with the last bunch being deep routes - hmmm, I wonder how he overthrew them? ZW put on an incredible display throwing the football - the way it spins out of his hand and the zip when his body is going in the opposite direction is something most NFL QBs could never do. If we don't take him we're making a really big mistake that will go down in Jets history as one of the worst blunders ever IMO. I don't think JD will make that mistake, but you never know. It's our first chance at a guy this caliber in a loooong time. It's very telling that San Fran didn't want to wait another couple days and give up a second rounder for Sam and instead gave up two future #1s for what will be the 3rd QB in this draft.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Besides his arm talent which is immense, he comes off smug and he's a little bit of a wiseass but he's obviously very intelligent and I like that.

Modern-day New Age QB.

Digging deeper he's rich. So why is he doing this and is he going to lead with his chin when he gets the team to the playoffs and opposing defenses are headhunting? In other words what is driving him?

To be perfectly honest he really is slight of frame and if I posted a picture of my eleven-year-old twins they look exactly like him. In fact I would bet money that my seventeen-year-old would kick this kids ass in a fist fight.

I would say he comes off smarter than Sam, and definitely has a better arm, but sometimes new things aren't better they're just new. I'm really 50/50. I want to see how Fields looks next week.

He weighs more than Lawrence. Every kid drafted is rich before they play ONE game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The only reason he hasnt been moved yet is because he sucks and nobody wants him.  Any gm that would give anything more then a 4th round pick should be fired immediately.

I can see a 3rd round pick, but I always laughed at some takes where they thought Darnold could fetch a 1st or even 2nd rounder

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Who would you say theyre after at 2, Because theyre not trading down obviously

I'd say you're kidding yourself.  All he had to do was interview well and impress throwing the ball.  That he did

And the measurables as well which were fine.

1 hour ago, football guy said:

Yes, but he does not want to move out of the top 10. 

Anyway, in a group chat with the Jets people and they're saying after the 49ers trade the only way the Jets move down is for 3 first-round picks, a second-round pick, and possibly more from the Panthers

That’s pretty much what the niners offered the dolphins (3 first rounders plus). I’m guessing JD didn’t want to move to 12 or maybe he just wants Wilson at 2. He could have done what the phins did and go to 12 and trade back up into top 10.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s gotta be the thinking, I’d guess. It’ll be Wilson unless the Texans beg us to take Watson.

It is exciting either way, Watson seems to be a long shot. But damn his trade value is dropping with the Dolphins trading down.  This is a good day for the Jets, there aren't many of them. But I am in the Wilson camp now. They way they approached free agency seems to be build a top defense, and get offensive help in the draft.  Wilson, and some OLine help!

• Upvote 3

Just now, johnnysd said:

And the measurables as well which were fine.

Yep, hes the same size as Rodgers.  As Favre was.  As Namath

Its pretty obvious when you look ar Rodgers, Brees, Murray, Mayfield, Wilson, L Jackson, D Watson, Mahomes, Dak Pescott, Stafford all prove that you dont have to be 6-4 or 6-5 like someone stated earlier.  

26 minutes ago, Latinlawyer said:

If the Jets were gonna stick with Darnold, they would have taken that huge haul from the 49ers. Jets have to going Wilson here, sticking with Darnold is just wasting another year. 

LL

If the plan was to go Wilson then why would we let all the quarterback chips fall this off-season? They probably could’ve gotten a second round pick for Sam had they made the move earlier and now that most of the chips fell we’d be lucky to get a third. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fullblast said:

If the Jets draft him they're going to start him day 1 and I don't think the roster as currently constructed will be enough to break in a rookie QB successfully. Rather let Darnold take the beating for another year. Look at the defenses in this division, they're no joke. Our OL is still in shambles, skill positions are still lacking at best. I don't see Wilson or any other QB coming in this year and thriving. Carolina, Atlanta etc have way more talent on offense to support a young QB.

If we draft another QB and he struggles for a year or two this fanbase is going to go wild. Jets fans are probably the most restless and impatient fans in the league at this point. 10 year playoff drought, twice as long as the next closest team. We want our QB but more importantly we need to start winning. If this team starts 0-7 again it doesn't matter who the QB is, they're getting booed every home game. I don't know Wilson personally but you wonder what kind of mettle he has and if he can hold up to the scrutiny is he doesn't ball out from day 1.

I think the guy is super talented but I'm just not sure if the Jets are the right fit. Maybe draft him and sit him for a year, I just don't think a rookie QB is the way to go for this season.

Why wouldn't he be the right fit?  Hasn't it already been established that he would be a great fit in a Shanahan style offense?  We now have a decent wide receiver corp and will probably add to it in the draft plus a solid running game by committee.  I can see us adding another TE as well as a OL or two.  So why is not a good fit?   Why do you think he doesn't have the "mettle", what ever the heck that means?  Have you been paying attention for the last 3 years?  Have you seen Darnold perform under pressure?  They dude has been a deer in the headlights more often than not.    This kid has demonstrated on the field and in games that he has great field vision, solid decision making, extremely mobile, a very good and accurate arm and one of the fastest releases I have seen in a very long time and yet you think he is not a good fit???  

As far as him sitting goes, how do you know they won't do just that if they feel it is the right move?   I trust Saleh and his staff will do what makes the most sense for the team and Wilson.  If it is him starting right away great, if they feel he could use a few games to get used to NFL game speed, I have confidence they will do that.   Perhaps you should stop looking for reasons why it won't work and consider some of the reasons that it will. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1