Lawrence won't attend draft

HawkeyeJet

I found this a bit interesting.  I'm not saying it says anything about Lawrence, but if we were picking 1st, I wouldn't be super thrilled about this.  Obviously the pandemic is still a thing so that may be part of it but my gut says it probably isn't though.

Would this bother you as a Jets fan if we were picking 1?  Would it bother if Wilson doesn't attend and it's all but confirmed he's the pick at 2?

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Just my two cents - I think it’s a tad bit weird to decline an invitation from the NFL to attend the draft in person when you are the presumptive #1 pick. 

having said that, would this bother me if we were picking him number 1? No. 

Yeah.  I personally wouldn't care much, but it seems weird to me.  He's about to be the face of that entire franchise.  The most hyped NFL prospect in at least a decade, probably more like 25 years.  And saying thanks but no thanks is just an odd first message.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

I just feel like what a once in a lifetime moment to miss. I respect his decision as it’s his alone to make but it disappoints me a little as a fan because I love watching the commish hug these guys donning a new cap holding the jersey.  Those images are replayed for years/lifetimes.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

I'll say this, I genuinely believe if this were unfolding with the Jets as the top pick, many posters would be using this as a chance to comment on how inept the franchise is or it is somehow their fault.  Whether or not they would actually believe that is another story.

Another thing to remember is that he had Covid once before. The thought of going to a large event/crowd like that might turn him off. 

But either way, players have done it before and it’ll continue to happen. No biggie. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'll say this, I genuinely believe if this were unfolding with the Jets as the top pick, many posters would be using this as a chance to comment on how inept the franchise is or it is somehow their fault.  Whether or not they would actually believe that is another story.

100%

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah.  I personally wouldn't care much, but it seems weird to me.  He's about to be the face of that entire franchise.  The most hyped NFL prospect in at least a decade, probably more like 25 years.  And saying thanks but no thanks is just an odd first message.

What do you think is going on? I’m curious to know what you’re feeling about this, f the haters lol 

• Sympathy 1

49 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I found this a bit interesting.  I'm not saying it says anything about Lawrence, but if we were picking 1st, I wouldn't be super thrilled about this.  Obviously the pandemic is still a thing so that may be part of it but my gut says it probably isn't though.

Would this bother you as a Jets fan if we were picking 1?  Would it bother if Wilson doesn't attend and it's all but confirmed he's the pick at 2?

I don't blame him. F the networks and the hype. Let the kid enjoy the moment with the one's who he cares about and who really care about him. 

• Upvote 2