OT Aaron Rodgers is positively killing it on Jeopardy!

Was thinking the same thing after tonight’s episode. He’s been great!  Just like how he plays QB - smooth, few errors. 

It shouldn’t come as a surprise, as he’s one of the all-time great QBs, but it’s pretty impressive that he studied game film of Alex to prepare. 

Aaron Rodgers studied game tape of Alex Trebek to prep for hosting 'Jeopardy!

“I wrote down all the different ways he would take it to break,” he said. “I wrote down the stuff that he said coming out of break. Literally, I studied for this like no other. I wanted to absolutely crush it.”

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 4

20 minutes ago, QB1 said:

Really? I don’t like his voice for it 

I think he has a good voice. The issue is he has this laid back California vibe and can be a bit monotonous. He needs a little more energy and game show host charisma. To his credit, he’s improved with each show this week; I think he’s doing a great job. He has good pacing, a quick wit, and is great with the contestants. 

I think Ken Jennings was also really good, but I don’t like his high pitched voice. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

I think he has a good voice. The issue is he has this laid back California vibe and can be a bit monotonous. He needs a little more energy and game show host charisma. To his credit, he’s improved with each show this week; I think he’s doing a great job. He has good pacing, a quick wit, and is great with the contestants. 

I think Ken Jennings was also really good, but I don’t like his high pitched voice. 

He’s monotone low energy, that’s exactly what it is. Also sounds a bit nasally 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I ******* DESPISE Ken Jennings. Can't stand that smug little bitch.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, TJ said:

He’s good.  And he’s good at football.  I think Ken Jennings will ultimately be The new host

Been watching Jeopardy pretty much every weeknight I could since I was a kid..

I'd keep watching Aaron Rodgers,  think considering its his 5th show ever tonight, he's been doing great and will only get more comfortable and better.

I like Dr. Oz, he's a decently likeable, and obviously smart and comfortable in front of the camera. 

Hell, put will Farrell in as host, would be amusing. 

If that little ingratiating, self-satisfied douchenozzle Jennings is the pick, I'm out.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

joewilly is definitely that guy at The Villages who shouts at his fellow community members to change the channel when they flip to Jeopardy.  

I don't live at The Villages.

Anyone  familiar with Toms River N.J there is a huge  development called Leisure Village my friends mom lives there they call it Seizure Village. 

15 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Rodgers has the personality of a TV dinner 

He reminds me of a guy who really wants to be seen as anything other than an athlete.  Hence the Jodie Foster name dropping and shacking up with a B level actress.  But I hope Hollywood works better for him than Fran Tarkenton.  Who always looked like he wanted to crack John Davidson over the head. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, freestater said:

Love him hosting. He has the right mix of humor and gravitas. Want to see other hosts, but as it stands now, I'd be ecstatic if he landed the permanent gig.

Lol just seeing this thread now but omg I was like, he’s nailing it here, am I the only one thinking this? 

• Upvote 2

"Punchable faces for a $1,000, Aaron." "Who has the most punchable face in the NFL?" "What is Aaron Rodgers." "Oh, I'm sorry, it's who is. Rule change." "Um, any pronoun is acceptable." "Punchable!"

I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I might tune in just to irritate myself for 10 minutes.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, freestater said:

Love him hosting. He has the right mix of humor and gravitas. Want to see other hosts, but as it stands now, I'd be ecstatic if he landed the permanent gig.

I watched him this week.  He's really good, to the degree that some are calling for him being the permanent host.  

But I've never been one of those who hate everything about QBs because theyre good.   

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Uh, he's still playing football.  How would that work, exactly?

I've read that he could consider walking away from football if he got the Jeopardy! gig. He's 37 years old. His NFL career is almost done, anyway, but he could host a game show, making eight figures, for the next 40 or 50 years if he wanted to. 

And as has been mentioned in this thread, he's a guy who sees himself as much more than just a football player, and has said he has no interest in being a football analyst when he hangs it up. And if he's offered this job but passes on it, he may never get the opportunity again. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Been watching Jeopardy pretty much every weeknight I could since I was a kid..

I'd keep watching Aaron Rodgers,  think considering its his 5th show ever tonight, he's been doing great and will only get more comfortable and better.

I like Dr. Oz, he's a decently likeable, and obviously smart and comfortable in front of the camera. 

Hell, put will Farrell in as host, would be amusing. 

If that little ingratiating, self-satisfied douchenozzle Jennings is the pick, I'm out.

Lol, I’d prefer Jeopardy James Holzhauer!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, fusionCA said:

but you, you are sweet and kind and donate your salary to the salvation army 

40 years and still going volunteer for the local fire department, over 10 years coaching baseball and football. 

1 hour ago, freestater said:

Lol, exactly what I pictured when I read joewillie's comment. 

Actually the complete opposite. 

7pm every night I was not glued to the TV watching Jeopardy. 

• Haha 1